Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

led_scholes

Question for the mods: i know we can do polls etc. But can we embed other tools, like Pol.is? I think it can help some aspects of the discussion regarding the ESL, instead of having megathreads.

Pagh Wraith

Is there an option to stop threads started by posters you ignore automatically being ignored as well?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Hadn't looked for a while to be honest but I'm sure it wasn't that long ago that you were second. What happened?
There was this one game where there was a coin flip between two players. I guessed the wrong one, the other guys guessed correctly. Not only that but the played I got wrong was also the only sub of the game (which means they got max subs points as well). So they got 17 points, I got 10. Brutal punishment for guessing one player wrong and I haven't recovered since then.

I probably benefitted from the bonus system last season but I think a tweak to the system could make the league more competitive.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
There was this one game where there was a coin flip between two players. I guessed the wrong one, the other guys guessed correctly. Not only that but the played I got wrong was also the only sub of the game (which means they got max subs points as well). So they got 17 points, I got 10. Brutal punishment for guessing one player wrong and I haven't recovered since then.

I probably benefitted from the bonus system last season but I think a tweak to the system could make the league more competitive.
Ouch. Too many times this season I've got 10s, or had 11s then changed a player because of a "leak" that turned out to be bollocks.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Never understood why people want accounts deleted. Surely you just don't log on until you want to, if you ever want to again?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Can my account be deleted please. I've had enough of the negativity in this place. Thank you.
We can permanently ban you if you like. You won't be able to log in but if you ever change your mind you can email the owner to request it. Is that ok?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
When you follow someone on Redcafe (as in going on another user's profile and hitting the 'Follow' button), what does it actually entail and what does it do?

Pagh Wraith

I've long stayed silent and bit my tongue with regards to the not so subtle anti-Semitism on this site but a line has definitely been crossed now in the thread about the recent attacks. There are Israeli flags being burned in front of synagogues in Germany right now and it is absolutely disgusting. I have been involved in actions against anti-Semitism and Holocaust remembrance projects in my city since my school days. And I am not going to put up with morons calling Israel an "illegimate state" on here without opposition in a week where Hamas has unleashed unprecedented terror on the country. If I wanted to engage in Israel bashing and anti-semitic bile I would have joined Stormfront.

So please delete my account mods. Or permanently ban me, won't be posting on RedCafe again either way.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've long stayed silent and bit my tongue with regards to the not so subtle anti-Semitism on this site but a line has definitely been crossed now in the thread about the recent attacks. There are Israeli flags being burned in front of synagogues in Germany right now and it is absolutely disgusting. I have been involved in actions against anti-Semitism and Holocaust remembrance projects in my city since my school days. And I am not going to put up with morons calling Israel an "illegimate state" on here without opposition in a week where Hamas has unleashed unprecedented terror on the country. If I wanted to engage in Israel bashing and anti-semitic bile I would have joined Stormfront.

So please delete my account mods. Or permanently ban me, won't be posting on RedCafe again either way.
I'm sure you can appreciate that thread is a tough one to mod and there are all sorts of discussions we could have about your grievances. This isn't the place for them but of course happy for you to PM us. Doesn't sound like you'd want to though.

With regards to your account, you can log out and it does the same job.

rotherham_red

Toodle pip :lol:

Seems like he was happy enough to malign and smear a vulnerable minority en masse under the guise of criticism in his own posts, but now that the shoe is on the other foot he doesn't like it.

Good riddance.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
The best threads on the caf have all disappeared without warning. Why are we being ghosted?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hectic

Supports
30fps
The best threads on the caf have all disappeared without warning. Why are we being ghosted?
I haven't seen any that I'm aware of but if the mods are deleting threads then there will be a good reason and those posters making them shouldn't be doing it.

The Corinthian

Ah, thanks. I for some reason thought it would appear in the alert icon in the top right.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thankfully they don't. The people I follow are massive spammers. I mainly use the follow feature to see who is online rather than look for their posts.
And yet I notice you do not follow me. Messaged received loud and clear.

The Corinthian

One more question - how can you post gifs from Giphy? Every link I put in from this site on RedCafe says this link is not supported.