Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I would like to know who gave me a warning for commenting on a piece of news about Real Madrid just because it doesn't suit their view of the world. I find this 'you've been given a warning by an anonymous moderator' message to lack any accountability.

Feels like someone is looking for a reason to ban me because they disagree with me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I would like to know who gave me a warning for commenting on a piece of news about Real Madrid just because it doesn't suit their view of the world. I find this 'you've been given a warning by an anonymous moderator' message to lack any accountability.

Feels like someone is looking for a reason to ban me because they disagree with me.
Me. It was because you brought up Solskjaer in a completely unrelated thread.

It was something you also did last week in a thread where the OP specifically stated it was only for positive posts.

You were not warned because I disagree with you. You were warned for bringing your opinions to threads that didn't ask for them or need them. It's the equivalent of walking into a bakery and ranting that your golf clubs aren't very good.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Me. It was because you brought up Solskjaer in a completely unrelated thread.

It was something you also did last week in a thread where the OP specifically stated it was only for positive posts.

You were not warned because I disagree with you. You were warned for bringing your opinions to threads that didn't ask for them or need them. It's the equivalent of walking into a bakery and ranting that your golf clubs aren't very good.
Well, I could see the point last week (even if I think those threads are ridiculous and create an echo chamber better suited to reddit) but I was making a point about the attitudes of the two clubs.

I could have made my point much more implicit if I wanted to stir up trouble without getting into trouble myself. I think it was relevant to the
piece of news. Also, people are now replying to my post but I feel if I reply again I'll be punished :lol:.

I appreciate the response at least.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Well, I could see the point last week (even if I think those threads are ridiculous and create an echo chamber better suited to reddit) but I was making a point about the attitudes of the two clubs.

I could have made my point much more implicit if I wanted to stir up trouble without getting into trouble myself. I think it was relevant to the
piece of news. Also, people are now replying to my post but I feel if I reply again I'll be punished :lol:.

I appreciate the response at least.
Another thing to consider here is that the forum is replete with Ole-bashing. Every comment on another manager at some point becomes an Ole discussion - and rarely a good one. (Which is anyway unlikely given how much Ole discussion there is already across multiple dedicated threads.) It's tiresome and lowers the quality of discussion. This may not have been your intention, but I would understand if mods are starting to clamp down more on this stuff.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Am unable to post a picture in the watches thread. Image has been uploaded to ImgBB.
It uploads as a link but not as an image.
This is the link to the picture. https://ibb.co/9hQcmqv
At the bottom of the link is a section which says "Embed codes".

For the "Full image (linked)" one, copy the text below BBCode and it'll embed on the caf.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Could there be a way to show your age without showing your birthday? I don't mind showing the former but I feel the latter is too private.

(I know posters could figure out my birthday by checking when my age changes, but I doubt anyone would care enough to bother. Alternatively, age could be derived from birth year and change with the new year. That's enough to be indicative of one's age - which is really all I'm looking for.)

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Could there be a way to show your age without showing your birthday? I don't mind showing the former but I feel the latter is too private.

(I know posters could figure out my birthday by checking when my age changes, but I doubt anyone would care enough to bother. Alternatively, age could be derived from birth year and change with the new year. That's enough to be indicative of one's age - which is really all I'm looking for.)
https://www.redcafe.net/account/privacy

Untick Show day and month of birth but have Show year of birth ticked and I'm pretty sure it'll show your age. There's loads of people I've seen the age for but not their birthday.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
https://www.redcafe.net/account/privacy

Untick Show day and month of birth but have Show year of birth ticked and I'm pretty sure it'll show your age. There's loads of people I've seen the age for but not their birthday.
Ha, I didn't notice that YOB stays ticked if you untick DOB. It's greyed out though, and I don't see the age on my profile pop-up. Is it there for you now?

Deery

Dreary
Has the feature disappeared to see a little postit of the posters information when you click on their name tag, it now just takes you to their personal page for me instead?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Has the feature disappeared to see a little postit of the posters information when you click on their name tag, it now just takes you to their personal page for me instead?
Second that comment. Would it be possible to get that back? It was very convenient I thought.

0le

Is there anyway to block the re-direct to twitter whenever you click on an embedded tweet?

0le

Don't click on it
Woah, no way. Could it be that sometimes people want to quote parts of the text in the tweet? You know, as is the whole point of a forum? Not to mention it can be easy to accidentally click on it on a touchscreen device.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Woah, no way. Could it be that sometimes people want to quote parts of the text in the tweet? You know, as is the whole point of a forum? Not to mention it can be easy to accidentally click on it on a touchscreen device.
And what if others want to go to the actual tweet to read the comments, confirm validity etc ?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Which is why I said is there anyway to disable (block) it and not remove it?
I guess you'd want only part of the tweet (say, the top-right corner) to be a button that leads you to the tweet's twitter page?

0le

I guess you'd want only part of the tweet (say, the top-right corner) to be a button that leads you to the tweet's twitter page?
Yes, something like that could work. I have also seen other forums where they put a link below the tweet instead but I am not sure if that as aesthetically pleasing.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
delete my account thanks.
Deleting an account is a lot of work for admin. If you really don't want to post anymore, can't you just log out, or create a random new password that you won't remember? Alternatively, they could ban you, wouldn't that work for you?

0le

Is there going to be a forum dedicated for the Olympics?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Here's a fun fact: I can't quote new user @gtg brb, cause their name includes 'brb'. It's just in the username, not in my text, but the post checker tells me I can't use text speak and have to change my post before I can submit it. Is there anything that can be done about that, or should the poster change their name?

Edit: of course, now it does work here. Is that a check that's only applied to the Newbies forum?