Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I'm trying to put a user on ignore but can't seem to. Whenever i click on their name it redirects me to the homepage, don't have this problem with any other username. Perhaps it's because they've already put me on the ignore list but seems unfair that i still have to see their posts

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I'm trying to put a user on ignore but can't seem to. Whenever i click on their name it redirects me to the homepage, don't have this problem with any other username. Perhaps it's because they've already put me on the ignore list but seems unfair that i still have to see their posts
Maybe the user has been banned and you can't access their profile anymore? Can you pm me their name? I could see that.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Thanks for the PM. I can confirm that it's a regular user, nothing special, they're not banned. Over to admin for a proper response! :)

edcunited1878

To admins: Can we close the Player Performance threads for 21/22, until at least next week against Derby County?

Nothing said between now and then will be of relevance, especially Marcus Rashford. I know and appreciate @MyOnlySolskjaer making the threads for the incoming season....but people need a break from commenting on performances after yesterday.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
To admins: Can we close the Player Performance threads for 21/22, until at least next week against Derby County?

Nothing said between now and then will be of relevance, especially Marcus Rashford. I know and appreciate @MyOnlySolskjaer making the threads for the incoming season....but people need a break from commenting on performances after yesterday.
That's a fair point, in hindsight I do think I should have only done those who are in the pre-season squad but thankfully the thread hasn't been too bad thus far.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/marcus-rashford-mbe-2021-22-performances.464083/

edcunited1878

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Just to add that poster @heinze58 told me by PM about a similar issue. They can't report it here because of their newbie status, but this is the issue: "I’m trying to put people on ignore too and I’m getting ‘you do not have access to this page’."

Anustart89

When a mod updates a thread title, would it be reasonable to ask that mod to create a threadmark at the post that prompted the thread title change (if applicable)?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
When a mod updates a thread title, would it be reasonable to ask that mod to create a threadmark at the post that prompted the thread title change (if applicable)?
I do, when I can.

As for the Varane thread, there was no particular post that triggered it. I had a request from a user to change it to that (with some moaning that there hadn't been thread title changes previously).

Anustart89

I do, when I can.

As for the Varane thread, there was no particular post that triggered it. I had a request from a user to change it to that (with some moaning that there hadn't been thread title changes previously).
That was the one that prompted my question. Started scrolling back before I realised I couldn’t be arsed.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
@mod
It will be helpful, when a thread is closed for duplication or similar reasonṣ. To make the last post one of links to help members/readers that may want to engage on topic.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Are we allowed to discuss the Ryan Giggs court proceedings?

Cal?

CR7 fan
Now that the Euro has been over for a while and everyone has calmed down, Christian Eriksen has been released from hospital.

Can someone be kind enough to explain which of my posts during the Finland v Denmark match was: Inappropriate Content

Just because I didn't think the game should have been called off? :confused:

Deery

Dreary
Now that the Euro has been over for a while and everyone has calmed down, Christian Eriksen has been released from hospital.

Can someone be kind enough to explain which of my posts during the Finland v Denmark match was: Inappropriate Content

I think it was your flippant nature about it, oh he didn’t die let’s get on with it. If I remember right.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I think it was your flippant nature about it, oh he didn’t die let’s get on with it. If I remember right.
I never actually said that, but good to at least get some explanation.

Thanks

Carolina Red

Staff
Oh right, I didn't mean to come across that way. Anyway, will see if any of them respond.
I didn’t issue the warning, but I’ll respond.

Since the Euro forum has been deleted, it is impossible to see what you actually said, but it is possible to see that it was reported by almost a dozen different posters, so odds are it wasn’t your best effort.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I didn’t issue the warning, but I’ll respond.

Since the Euro forum has been deleted, it is impossible to see what you actually said, but it is possible to see that it was reported by almost a dozen different posters, so odds are it wasn’t your best effort.
I still maintain it was just me holding a different position to everyone else, doesn't make it inappropriate.

Anyway, never mind

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why have all the Euro threads been deleted? This has previously never been the case. Threads were always moved to the footy forum when the Euro/WC forums were deleted...

Damien

Staff

This was the post that got the infraction:

Why's everyone going on about nearly died? The fact is that right now, he's in stable condition.
I'm looking at the thread right now and you had a series of posts over a number of pages like this one:

The mood to play? Now where do we draw the line? Someone collapses we abandon, but if someone suffers a double fracture broken leg, we are ok to continue?

Plenty of matches have continued after players suffering very serious multiple fractures, are they not shaken in those cases?
in the immediate aftermath of a traumatic event, derailing the thread and causing arguments. I'm not the one who gave you the infraction, you know who did so ask them for further information but from the posts you made I feel it was warranted.

Damien

Staff
Why have all the Euro threads been deleted? This has previously never been the case. Threads were always moved to the footy forum when the Euro/WC forums were deleted...
They're not deleted. Hibernation would probably be the better word. I imagine they'll be moved to the footy forum when things have died down.

Cal?

CR7 fan
This was the post that got the infraction:

I'm looking at the thread right now and you had a series of posts over a number of pages like this one:

in the immediate aftermath of a traumatic event, derailing the thread and causing arguments. I'm not the one who gave you the infraction, you know who did so ask them for further information but from the posts you made I feel it was warranted.
I don't, it just says "Moderation Staff"

Anyway, I held a different opinion to most people in that thread regarding that match carrying on, but I don't think I said anything inappropriate.

Thanks for replying anyway. :)

Carolina Red

Staff
Anyway, I held a different opinion to most people in that thread regarding that match carrying on, but I don't think I said anything inappropriate.
And your opinion got what it deserved.

Not all opinions are good. Yours definitely wasn’t.

Carolina Red

Staff
So we are not allowed to disagree with the masses? So happened that Uefa agreed with me. :rolleyes:
I don’t know when people began thinking this line you keep trotting out about “a different opinion” was a valid defense to saying bad things, but it isn’t. What you said was inappropriate and the mod who pulled you up on it was right to do so.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I don’t know when people began thinking this line you keep trotting out about “a different opinion” was a valid defense to saying bad things, but it isn’t. What you said was inappropriate and the mod who pulled you up on it was right to do so.
I've already cleared it up with @jojojo, so there's no point arguing about this further. I can accept you guys have issues with the way I expressed my opinion, but I won't apologize for believing the match should go ahead.

Dan

Seeing a lot of ‘video unavailable watch on youtube‘ in a lot of threads, any reason why this happens?

Jack-C20

Seeing a lot of ‘video unavailable watch on youtube‘ in a lot of threads, any reason why this happens?
I’ve been ignoring videos like that for ages assuming they wouldn’t even play for me on YouTube. Only recently realised if I clicked on it I could watch it on a new tab :lol: Always thought it was a problem on my end as no one else said anything.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Is the reason YouTube videos don’t show on here anymore something to do with this site or my phone?

Edit: just read the few posts above the one I posted and seems I’m not the only one :lol: It’s annoyed me for a while

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It'll be what Dwazza said. Channels restricting who can view.
Ok thanks, it must be new to YouTube or something as I never used to see this and now it’s almost every YouTube video posted.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Ok thanks, it must be new to YouTube or something as I never used to see this and now it’s almost every YouTube video posted.
New YouTube accounts can't allow video embedding until they've got views/followers. So a lot more accounts are defaulting to no embedding. Some people who can allow it, don't let you embed because they're trying to build their followers list. I guess it depends on the thread/topic how common the problem is.

I believe it's part related to YouTube's advertising system, part to things like blocking copyright content etc.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
New YouTube accounts can't allow video embedding until they've got views/followers. So a lot more accounts are defaulting to no embedding. Some people who can allow it, don't let you embed because they're trying to build their followers list. I guess it depends on the thread/topic how common the problem is.

I believe it's part related to YouTube's advertising system, part to things like blocking copyright content etc.
Ah ok. Thank you for the info :)