Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
How come guests are allowed again? :confused:

They're not. This is a temp account of @Ralph1386, who had accidentally locked himself out of his account and found that creating a new account was the only way to get admin's attention. Now that he has his proper account back, this newb account has been disabled.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Pretty please, can I have the numbers dropped from my username, oh mighty admin overlords? It's fine if it can't, just would prefer to have them out of the username plain (:nervous:), if possible...

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
Can one of the mods fix the capitalisations in my tagline? That A and B has been bugging me for the last three years.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
My username is outdated (numbered?).

On my tagline, I have now had one doze.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
@Niall spring autumn cleaning needed

1) Stats section in the performance threads is a mess:

2) 2020/21 season needs to be added to the match day menu.

3) This pic needs updating. James and Young are gone. Mata is a mascot these days and doesn't deserve to be there.

4) This also needs updating. Smalling intensifies my ptsd (pretty sure I'm not the only one). McSause looks about 12 here so this pic is ancient.

5) Time to increase the 5 goal limit in the score predictor. Ronaldo, Bruno, Pogba, Greenwood, Sancho, Rashford, Cavani, Lingoat etc. Come on man, this team will score more than 5 several times this season. Don't be a spoilsport.

Dan

6) Close the Ole thread in the player performances forum thread.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
If you were hosting a dinner party. What would you serve up? Please provide recipes were possible.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Something needs to be done about comparing Ole to Fergie. A warning or thread ban or anything. Or just pick a charity and donate a pound every time it's mentioned on here.

Deery

Dreary
How do you switch off emails? Getting 100+ emails in my inbox is no good.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
How do you switch off emails? Getting 100+ emails in my inbox is no good.
Account > Preferences > section on 'E-mail Options'

I'm not sure if you can change settings there for a thread you're already watching though. You can change the preset there for threads you'll choose to watch in the future, but if you already watch a lot of threads, you might have to disable the email updates for them one by one. I think that's possible within the email though, if I remember correctly.

Deery

Dreary
Account > Preferences > section on 'E-mail Options'

I'm not sure if you can change settings there for a thread you're already watching though. You can change the preset there for threads you'll choose to watch in the future, but if you already watch a lot of threads, you might have to disable the email updates for them one by one. I think that's possible within the email though, if I remember correctly.
Cheer @Cheimoon I think that’s it sorted now..

Conor

Can someone explain to me why I've gotten a 3 point warning for using the common phrase 'brought out back and shot', in relation to one of our players? Does the mod/admin that gave it to me not speak English as their first language or something? Surely there has been a misunderstanding.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Can someone explain to me why I've gotten a 3 point warning for using the common phrase 'brought out back and shot', in relation to one of our players? Does the mod/admin that gave it to me not speak English as their first language or something? Surely there has been a misunderstanding.
You're seriously claiming it's common language and doesn't sound excessive at all to say that someone should be shot for having a poor game? Or what else are you meaning with 'shot' here?

Conor

You're seriously claiming it's common language and doesn't sound excessive at all to say that someone should be shot for having a poor game? Or what else are you meaning with 'shot' here?
As someone kindly explained for me in the other thread, 'brought out back and shot' is in reference to putting an old dog, that can't function properly, out of its misery. All I was saying is that Fred isn't fit for purpose, and he should be dropped.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Yeah that seems a bit harsh. Personally I think the modmin who did it should be taken out back and executed. By the Taliban.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
As someone kindly explained for me in the other thread, 'brought out back and shot' is in reference to putting an old dog, that can't function properly, out of its misery. All I was saying is that Fred isn't fit for purpose, and he should be dropped.
That doesn't change that it's a pretty harsh expression to use for humans.