Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Why was the first 'ask admin a question' thread closed?

If it was death to megathreads (28);

What number does it need to get to be deemed mega as there are threads on here over 1000 pages long? Perhaps even closer to 2000 thread.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Does the "no text speak" rule really hold value in 2019? Especially for match day threads and stuff. Why is having good grammar a pre req in general anyway?

I get back in the day text speak was all over the place but adding a "u" instead of you. Is it really a big deal?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Does the "no text speak" rule really hold value in 2019? Especially for match day threads and stuff. Why is having good grammar a pre req in general anyway?

I get back in the day text speak was all over the place but adding a "u" instead of you. Is it really a big deal?
Yes.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

You should see some of the newbies posts that we reject. Text speak grates while not having it makes the post easier to scan read. You get okay posts like this:

Blanc is a really good coach and his Bordeaux, France and PSG played attacking football, even naive at times.

Even though I like Jardim most of the caf thinks that he plays attacking football. The truth is that his Monaco the first year and a half was really defensive. He as Mou doesn't want his team to attack if they dont have a solid defence. From the moment he feels that we have sth really good defensively that's when his side will start attacking.

I love the guy but he wont get the patience from the fans to build something good around here.
but the sth lets it down. All it requires is an extra second of typing.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Would adding tags system be a problem on Cafe?

Just something I thought might be helpful to have. Like for example:
So let's talk about Eddie Howe.... [england, premier league, managers]
Daley Blind | 2018/19 Ajax Performances [ex-united, netherlands]
Diego Costa [spain, twats in football]

Something like that, Caftards will surely think of many useful tags. Should be unseen on forum list, but inside the thread you could see the tags. Could help with specific search.

Any thoughts about the idea?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Would adding tags system be a problem on Cafe?

Just something I thought might be helpful to have. Like for example:
So let's talk about Eddie Howe.... [england, premier league, managers]
Daley Blind | 2018/19 Ajax Performances [ex-united, netherlands]
Diego Costa [spain, twats in football]

Something like that, Caftards will surely think of many useful tags. Should be unseen on forum list, but inside the thread you could see the tags. Could help with specific search.

Any thoughts about the idea?
What does it actually add though?

Do people fret over whether to open a thread or not based on the title 'let's talk about Eddie Howe' wondering what on earth this thread could be about?

I'm not really having a go, but sometimes it feels like people think that other people have nothing better to do all day.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
I think you misunderstood something. It would be hidden tags (at least on the forum list), that could help to display threads with same tags. So, you click "netherlands" (if there's a page with all the tags or something like that, or in search), and forum lists all threads with that tag, so maybe that Daley thread, Eredivisie one, or whatever one in that particular example. Rules, tactics, referees, world cup,...they could all be useful tags for people to find threads a little bit easier.

It probably wouldn't add a whole lot to the experience of Red Cafe, but has nothing to do with your second and third sentence...don't see them as a description of sorts of the threads.

Ian Reus

I think you misunderstood something. It would be hidden tags (at least on the forum list), that could help to display threads with same tags. So, you click "netherlands" (if there's a page with all the tags or something like that, or in search), and forum lists all threads with that tag, so maybe that Daley thread, Eredivisie one, or whatever one in that particular example. Rules, tactics, referees, world cup,...they could all be useful tags for people to find threads a little bit easier.

It probably wouldn't add a whole lot to the experience of Red Cafe, but has nothing to do with your second and third sentence...
You mean like a search box where you type the keywords in?
Great idea. Would save people from typing in the...

search box?

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
You mean like a search box where you type the keywords in?
Great idea. Would save people from typing in the...

search box?
Well, it's close to that, but not exactly. For example, you'd like to revisit some threads from past world cup, regular search would give you plethora or results, but not sure how precise they would be. But if the threads were tagged with..."world cup 2018" or "world cup russia", you'd get listed with all the threads that were tagged with those tags. Or you want "tactics", and you get threads that don't necessarily have that word in the title.

I really thought that tags as a concept are quite known. Or I probably do not describe them properly.

Bwuk

I normally come on redcafe via my iphone, but it keeps saying the webpage isn’t secure?

Bit clueless - Does this matter?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Can I get unbanned from the GOT thread? I dunno why I was in the first place.

Something to do with Cinas mum or something
Weren't you the one posting spoilers disguised as speculation? Keep this muppet banned mods.

Ian Reus

How come there are full members with less than 10 likes?
Don't they drop back into newbie prison if they get an unlike which takes them below the required 10,