Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

Withnail

EDIT: This just resolved itself after about 5 minutes.

Tweets just randomly stopped loading for me this morning. Twitter doesn't seem to be down.

Initially I was just getting the little twitter bird logo. I cleared cache etc in Chrome on my Android phone and now I'm getting this message instead:

EverReddy

I usually connect to the car on my laptop, using chrome browser (on Mac OS12). The site has refused to load recently - I'm getting an error message saying:
This page isn’t working
www.redcafe.net is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 502

I've tried all the obvious, non-geeky moves - rebooting, clearing cache etc but now am stumped. It works fine with other browsers on my laptop, or indeed with my desktop computer using chrome.

Any suggestions? Cheers.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I usually connect to the car on my laptop, using chrome browser (on Mac OS12). The site has refused to load recently - I'm getting an error message saying:
This page isn’t working
www.redcafe.net is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 502

I've tried all the obvious, non-geeky moves - rebooting, clearing cache etc but now am stumped. It works fine with other browsers on my laptop, or indeed with my desktop computer using chrome.

Any suggestions? Cheers.
Have you tried accessing the forum by looking up 'redcafe' in your browser and then clicking the link the search engine gives you?

Since a few months, I can't access the website directly on my phone. I get an error and always have to do with I described above. (It was the same on my laptop but works again now.) It seems to have to do with the forum switching to https, although that doesn't explain why I can't get my updated bookmark to work either! Anyway, I was wondering if you're having something similar.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Just wanted to report I'm getting a lot of "Oops" messages trying to rely and to post.

EverReddy

Have you tried accessing the forum by looking up 'redcafe' in your browser and then clicking the link the search engine gives you?
Correction: I tried again, using a different search engine (duckduckgo) rather than google and it's worked. Thanks a million, Cheimoon!

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Correction: I tried again, using a different search engine (duckduckgo) rather than google and it's worked. Thanks a million, Cheimoon!
Oh! Well, that's an interesting twist. Happy to somehow help anyway! :D

I also use DuckDuckGo everywhere btw. Not sure what difference it could make though!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Oh! Well, that's an interesting twist. Happy to somehow help anyway! :D

I also use DuckDuckGo everywhere btw. Not sure what difference it could make though!
You didn’t strike me as one who needs to clear his browsing history on the hourly. Live & learn.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
You didn’t strike me as one who needs to clear his browsing history on the hourly. Live & learn.
I don't think I do much that's controversial but I do very highly value my privacy. :)

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Happens occasionally and is usually fixable by refreshing.
Thanks.

The Caf on my phone is really slow and doesn't update quickly (sometimes only half the page loads). Happening for the last few days. Any suggestions?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Thanks.

The Caf on my phone is really slow and doesn't update quickly (sometimes only half the page loads). Happening for the last few days. Any suggestions?
Not sure if that would be something on our end since no one else seems to be having the issue. Could it be something related to your phone and bandwidth ?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What do mods get up to at the weekend when they're not modding?

Edit - Not a technical question but it is technically a question.
When we're not modding we're posting. We're relentlessly committed to making RedCafe a more interesting place for all.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
I am getting error 400 when trying to access Redcafe on my phone. I use Google and dont really want to use any other search engine

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I am getting error 400 when trying to access Redcafe on my phone. I use Google and dont really want to use any other search engine
Same - but it’s working on my phone and not on my laptop. Have you managed to resolve it?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
What are you trying to change?
I wanted to see who had replied in the thread but the error console came up so tried to edit the thread and had the same error.

Anything you try to change brings up " Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console."

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I wanted to see who had replied in the thread but the error console came up so tried to edit the thread and had the same error.

Anything you try to change brings up " Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console."
This is fixed now. I think there were too many insults in the title so I reduced it back to the basic "Jurgen Klopp Watch" :)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
@Niall where is the World Cup forum? It usually opens a month before. We're at that stage now.

Also why are the Euro 2021 threads still hidden? Censorship?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
@Niall where is the World Cup forum? It usually opens a month before. We're at that stage now.

Also why are the Euro 2021 threads still hidden? Censorship?
Right you are. World Cup Forum now setup.

I've also moved all the old Euro 2020/1 threads into the Football Forum.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
@Samid feel free to point me to any World Cup related threads in the Football Forum and I'll move them across.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Why are the smilies all greyed out and unusable? Is it just me? Do I need to clear out cookies (really don't want to unless I have to).

Dan

Why are the smilies all greyed out and unusable? Is it just me? Do I need to clear out cookies (really don't want to unless I have to).
They’re for blue tick users only, it’s $8 month now for smilies and Elite forum access.

Withnail

The cog icon on that menu is probably highlighted yellow which makes up 90% of this thread. Click on the cog and all should return to normal.

They’re for blue tick users only, it’s $8 month now for smilies and Elite forum access.
:lol:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The cog icon on that menu is probably highlighted yellow which makes up 90% of this thread. Click on the cog and all should return to normal.

:lol:
FFS it was as easy as that?! :rolleyes: Thanks for gransplaining it to me. Works now. :)

@Dan can eat a di...:p:wenger::D:cool::smirk::nervous::nono:

Conor

Anyone else experiencing snail-like performance of the forum?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Appears to be network issues connecting into the data centre. Site has been affected much of the day. Hopefully will resolve itself soon.