Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Cannot seem to PM anyone at present. Using Chrome on MacBook, message shown on screen is -

Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

edit. have cleared browsing data and restarted.

Last edited:

Anustart89

I don't know if I'll be able to explain this in a way that makes sense, but here goes.

Let's say I'm on the main page with the football tab being showed. I then click the "Watched" tab and enter a thread. If I go back from that thread (with the back arrow in the browser) it takes me back to the main page but to the football tab rather than the watched tab.

If I want the watched tab to be shown when I back out of a thread I have to click the watched tab, then click the banner to go to the main page, then enter a new thread and the next time I back out I'll be on the watched tab.

Is there any way to sort it so that it takes me back to the watched tab immediately rather than having to do that extra step of clicking the banner from a thread that I entered from the tab?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
clicking through to the general forum via the forums tab crashes the site for me and I have to clear cookies to get it back. When I click through it says error 400 the site can not be reached and will then give this message for any part of the forum I try to go to.

Once I clear cookies I can use the new posts tab and enter threads that way but if I try to go through the forums tab it crashes it all again.

I am using Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop.

Bondi77

@Niall
Is it normal to incur penalty points for calling another poster an idiot?
If so, is it acceptable to call anyone that does not agree with your post idiots or worse?

Andersonson

Quick question: Why does the Greenwood threads get locked? If the charges has been dropped, shouldnt we be allowed to discuss what the club should/shouldnt do? If any posts breaks any rules shouldnt those Posts be handled by good moderation and not a thread lock? This is a big case and not being allowed to discuss it on a forum makes little sense to me...?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Quick question: Why does the Greenwood threads get locked? If the charges has been dropped, shouldnt we be allowed to discuss what the club should/shouldnt do? If any posts breaks any rules shouldnt those Posts be handled by good moderation and not a thread lock? This is a big case and not being allowed to discuss it on a forum makes little sense to me...?
See Solius' post in the thread:

We are closing this until the mods have had a chance to talk about the best course of action with regards to the discussion on here. Please refrain from it until then, it shouldn't be long.

Thanks.
The thread will be reopened but we're putting together a post first to ensure that discussion is centred on football matters rather than a bunch of people talking about the legal side.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Like I said, discussion will be allowed. Just give us a sec.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why do modmins regularly misuse their powers and post their personal opinions in locked threads? If it's locked for regular plebs it should be locked for everyone.

Strictly talking about personal opinions and not the informative updates you occasionally get in locked threads.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Why do modmins regularly misuse their powers and post their personal opinions in locked threads? If it's locked for regular plebs it should be locked for everyone.

Strictly talking about personal opinions and not the informative updates you occasionally get in locked threads.
The thread was always going to be re-opened and I think the mod in question didn't realise it was locked. It lets us post in locked threads without stopping us.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
until we get paid then no forward planning gets done, my actual job barely gets that from me

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
No offence guys but shouldn’t you have already figured out what you do if this scenario arose?
To be fair we were expecting silence until his provisional trial date in November. This came with no warning.

Samid

The thread was always going to be re-opened and I think the mod in question didn't realise it was locked. It lets us post in locked threads without stopping us.
Why are you talking about yourself in third person

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Why are you talking about yourself in third person

I was more referring to the original time it was locked. This time I did not lock it (despite my post being the last one) and I've been asking in the mod forum to find out who did.

Samid

Shouldn't the thread be hidden until the site owner makes a decision? What if there's stuff in there already that could get him in trouble?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Shouldn't the thread be hidden until the site owner makes a decision? What if there's stuff in there already that could get him in trouble?
It's there so we don't have people making new threads then have a surprised face when it is locked. If there's stuff in there that could get Niall into trouble, Solius has said he'll take full responsibility for it.

Samid

It's there so we don't have people making new threads then have a surprised face when it is locked. If there's stuff in there that could get Niall into trouble, Solius has said he'll take full responsibility for it.
Think you guys are taking a massive risk. The robots are already all over the thread.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Also by the time someone has locked it, a few more comments have slipped in

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think the fact it’s locked gets him a by, the worst case at this stage will be getting a request to delete posts

Maticmaker

Maticmaker - why can I get access to rec cafe site through chrome ( on smart phone),but not on laptop Microsoft Edge?
Showing HTTP error 400?

Last edited:

20le_Solskjaer

Having the same issue on Chrome on my laptop and on safari on my iPhone. When I use private browsing on safari, it seems to work fine though