Gaming Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think I sunk about 100 hours into it, did pretty much every single side quest and mission I could muster up the courage to do and was still only about 50% of the way to a platinum trophy. Stupidly large game.

Oh, and the worst thing is they are still adding things to it. :rolleyes:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The idea that a game only gets good after 10 hours is a bit worrying!
I find the building settlement portion boring as feck so I have avoided doing random raids for the sake of it, unless I happen to be near a place I can raid. The game says I’m 40% through the main story which isn’t too bad considering I’m only 7 hours or so in.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I find the building settlement portion boring as feck so I have avoided doing random raids for the sake of it, unless I happen to be near a place I can raid. The game says I’m 40% through the main story which isn’t too bad considering I’m only 7 hours or so in.
Yeah, I tried to just raid when passing places, if I noticed I hadn't raided somewhere I'd travel there instead of fast travelling where I needed to be so I could knock the raid off. I quite liked the raids in the end.

Everything odyssey gets a load of love for, Valhalla seems to get a bashing for the exact same stuff.

Both games are definitely bloated, but I could see huge appeal for older gamers I'd think, they'd love to be trapped in the same world for hours and hours I'd think. My old man would love it tbh, he'd probably be fine on explore more or whatever it is

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, I tried to just raid when passing places, if I noticed I hadn't raided somewhere I'd travel there instead of fast travelling where I needed to be so I could knock the raid off. I quite liked the raids in the end.

Everything odyssey gets a load of love for, Valhalla seems to get a bashing for the exact same stuff.

Both games are definitely bloated, but I could see huge appeal for older gamers I'd think, they'd love to be trapped in the same world for hours and hours I'd think. My old man would love it tbh, he'd probably be fine on explore more or whatever it is
I think with Odessey they got the story right. I was invested enough in the story to keep going and keep doing quests to uncover more cult members. I didn't like the levelling up thing though because it essentially forced you to do endless quests because you suddenly get to a point where you need to be 7 levels higher to continue the main story, so you wander around for ages trying to level up.

So yeah, for me at least the biggest difference is that I find the main story in Valhalla incredibly boring.