Gaming Assassins Creed

ben_united

I suppose you're right, but still it adds something extra to the game, it doesn't have to be the main feature(Halo) but still it would be interesting.

Stemmy

here's a side by side comparison of the game on 360 and PS3

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28006.html
I've given up looking at these so called 'comparisons' because they're bullshit.I've a ps3 running on HD and the graphics are far better than some of these videos are trying to convey.

In fact judging from my mates xbox 360 i'd go as far as to say it looks better in my opinion.

gaffs

I've given up looking at these so called 'comparisons' because they're bullshit.I've a ps3 running on HD and the graphics are far better than some of these videos are trying to convey.

In fact judging from my mates xbox 360 i'd go as far as to say it looks better in my opinion.
I agree - most of them just look like the contrast on the TV’s are different.

I have not seen a game yet that graphically, looks considerably better on the PS3 than it is on the 360 - or visa versa.

I don’t think we will see games that are available on both platforms that look much different. It’s the games that are just developed for one platform, like Ratchet & Clank and Heavenly Sword, that will really show the quality and power that the PS3 holds.

manutdlegend

On a very big warning!
I've got it and at times it can be a little boring and you have to be patient it has moments of brilliance.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Hmm probably not then. Have to say the storyline didn't enthuse me too much either.

Maybe I'll just wait for Final Fantasy XIII
I was incredibly disappointed with 12. I hope the three FF13s coming out are a lot better than that.

I think i was expecting something a bit more Elder Scrolls-ish about FF12 and this of course was not the case. The storyline was also shoddy, which is completely unlike Square Enix.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Same thing happened to me till i realised all you had to do was hold the B button down :D
Same here, I was thinking the entire time that this is fecking retarded, then I looked and saw the 'B' button bit on the screen.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I only have Halo 3 out of those Spoony. It's strange because I haven't brought a game (Bar Assassins Creeds) for ages now. I have heard that COD4 is ridiculously amazing though. I'm going to go buy it later today in fact!

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Nothing.

I have only played Pro Evo recently, apart from that I haven't touched the consoles really. I know that once I go back home for Christmas and we hook everything up, I'll be back in love with the consoles again. For some reason I have lost interest at the moment, I mean I haven't even got my Wii with me, it's been at my friends house for months!

Spoony

The People's President
Where you at, by the way?

I played the Wii for the first time this week, borrowed it of a mate. Was really impressed, it's great fun when you've got a few people around. I love the Wii remote/pad. For me it's possibly the only true next gen gaming experience. I've played on the PS3 as well, and I didn't think much of it. Same old, same old, with better graphics. Not surprised as Microsoft and Sony aren't proper gaming companies.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Where you at, by the way?

I played the Wii for the first time this week, borrowed it of a mate. Was really impressed, it's great fun when you've got a few people around. I love the Wii remote/pad. For me it's possible the only true next gen gaming exprience. I've played on the PS3 as well, and I didn't think much of it. Same old, same old, with better graphics. Not surprised as Microsoft and Sony aren't proper gaming companies.
I like the Wii. I got a bit bored, but that's mainly because I didn't buy any decent games. The PS3 and 360 have barely been touched apart from Pro. Wii's bowling is brilliant, I do love to play that. It's definitely a 'different' experience, and while Sony and Microsoft have basically upgraded their consoles, Nintendo have given us something new, a fresh and different gaming experience.

I'm in Kingston at the moment, always moving between here and MK.

Spoony

The People's President
I like the Wii. I got a bit bored, but that's mainly because I didn't buy any decent games. The PS3 and 360 have barely been touched apart from Pro. Wii's bowling is brilliant, I do love to play that. It's definitely a 'different' experience, and while Sony and Microsoft have basically upgraded their consoles, Nintendo have given us something new, a fresh and different gaming experience.

I'm in Kingston at the moment, always moving between here and MK.

That's why I think it's the best out of the lot. I really enjoyed the baseball and golf too. The baseball in particular really felt as if you were swinging a bat. Whether it's there or not, it's certainly the direction gaming should be going into. The other consoles bore the crap out of me, I really can't be arsed with them, despite having a 360 which I've barely touched, yet I've played the Wii non stop for a week.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
That's why I think it's the best out of the lot. I really enjoyed the baseball and golf too. The baseball in particular really felt as if you were swinging a bat. Whether it's there or not, it's certainly the direction gaming should be going into. The other consoles bore the crap out of me, I really can't be arsed with them, despite having a 360 which I've barely touched, yet I've played the Wii non stop for a week.
That's the problem with all of them, they all get boring. The 360 has had the most 'playability' out of all three consoles, I've had that since launch and it still gets played. The PS3 barely gets touched apart from Pro Evo, there isn't much point buying games like 'COD4' or generally any game that is on all platforms because the games are virtually identical on 360/PS3 so I just get them for the 360 due to it's online advantages.

The Wii didn't last very long at all, but that's probably down to me. I'm going to get it back next time I go home and get a few decent games and see how it goes, I loved the 'bowling' part of it, and still do, so it makes sense that the actual games for it should be good.

gaffs

Anyone finished it yet.

Im upto memory block 5. Its taking ages. It doesn’t help that it keeps crashing.

I dont really want to give up, but FFS, its getting so repetitive and im not interested in the story one hoot.

Im tempted to stop playing it and just watch the ending on youtube?

Any advice? Is it worth persisting with?

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
I beat the feck out of Assassin's Creed this weekend. Only thing left to do is find all the flags. I hope you guys are searching around the office while not in the Animus.

redmanc

Im bored of it, its the same shit over and over. I got the first couple of kills done in the big cities (after spending to fecking long on a dumb ass horse being chased over mountains by guards) and its just repeat repeat repeat.

Avoid this one if you get bored with games easily :)

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
Is it worth finishing then?
I would, but I love games like this and Splinter Cell. While it does get repetitive, I tried different ways to get at the targets and use the crowds and surroundings.

redmanc

Splinter Cell had more to it i think, more gameplay more ... well something. So far with Assasins Creed i've just got bored from the word go, i was hoping for a lot more, maybe thats the problem.

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
Splinter Cell had more to it i think, more gameplay more ... well something. So far with Assasins Creed i've just got bored from the word go, i was hoping for a lot more, maybe thats the problem.
I feel that the 2nd and 3rd installments will have more to it than the first one, due to what happens at the end of the game.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Refuse to make a new thread for yet another.

Can’t believe there’s a new one already :lol:
Talk about churn.

Ainu

The new one just looks like Origins with a slightly different setting. Origins wasn't bad, but ultimately felt pointless and excruciatingly boring, despite the wonderfully realized world. If they'd build a game with a fraction of the world size and fill it with meaningful activities and a story worth telling, it could be great.