Gaming Assassins Creed

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s an Origins reskin, definitely.

They’re trying to push it into a new field though. RPG elements are heavier, there’s dialogue wheels, sexual/romance content etc. It’s all a bit weird.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Origins was phenomenal, it essentially breathed a new lease of life into the AC franchise but the new one feels like additional missions in the same world.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Haven't played AC really since Black Flag (which was awesome). Got bored with the series afterwards. Sounds like Origins might still be worth a look tho based on the comments here?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Haven't played AC really since Black Flag (which was awesome). Got bored with the series afterwards. Sounds like Origins might still be worth a look tho based on the comments here?
Origins is the best AC game since Black Flag. The open world Egypt is beautiful.

dove

The world is amazing, one of the best maps of any game IMO. I really enjoyed Origins, even spent some time in History mode learning some things about ancient Egypt world :lol:

Ainu

They’re trying to push it into a new field though. RPG elements are heavier, there’s dialogue wheels, sexual/romance content etc. It’s all a bit weird.
Origins clearly took a lot of clues from The Witcher 3 and this next one seems to be taking that even further. You start to wonder what still makes this an AC game.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Origins is the best AC game since Black Flag. The open world Egypt is beautiful.
The world is amazing, one of the best maps of any game IMO. I really enjoyed Origins, even spent some time in History mode learning some things about ancient Egypt world :lol:
I'd probably skip Origins and get this one instead. Who doesn't love Sparta!
Thanks. Greek history does appeal to me more than Egyptian but it sounds like they probably spent a lot more time on making Origins a good game. Or at least we already know it's good.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Origins clearly took a lot of clues from The Witcher 3 and this next one seems to be taking that even further. You start to wonder what still makes this an AC game.
Haystacks and hidden blades

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

To be fair it needed depth. The worlds were dull as feck, even though the architecture was great. I've not played the latest but others suffered from lifeless peds and not enough interesting/worthwhile stuff to do.
Even the revered Black Flag suffered from this in my opinion. Got bored of the same locations with nothing going on and too little depth.

Maybe I'll actually pick this one up having not played the last as it might be a big improvement for me, although I'm still not holding my breath knowing how much people rate Black Flag despite the usual issues.

Fully Fledged

Getting Odyssey onr my way home tonight. I’ll see what it’s like.
I’ve played every AC since Black Flag. I put over 200 hours in both Black Flag and Origins on multiple playthroughs but only completed the other 2 once.

Origins was a good game I’m hoping that this one lives up to the hype.

Last edited:

Stactix

Have to say Odyssey has been excellent so far, I went with Kassandra over Alexios, she seems like a much better character overall imo.

Certainly could be my favourite AC.

Iron Stove

It's good. I'm at level 25 now, but I'm a bit weary of burn out though since I liked Origins up to a point where I just couldn't enjoy it anymore and stopped. Death by map icons. Much of it is optional, but still..

There are some really good improvements (ie things even more things they copied from Witcher 3 :lol: ). Great how they added dialogue options. Exploration mode and the HUD options are a god send in a ubisoft game. Writing is solid so far. The skills are fun.

Played many of these games but only finished Black Flag, maybe this will be the second one.

Last edited: