Kick-off
Thu, 9 July 2020 @ 8:15pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Morpheus 7

From watching the last two Villa's games, I don't think we'll mess up. They are really bad at the back, we have too much going forward. They don't create a lot of chances, you can never be sure but I don't think we'll get complacent. The Southampton game worries me more. One game at a time, the vibe feels great at the moment. We are creating so much, we should be optimistic.

ruskyline

Nerves are understandable going into this game, considering all the times in recent years we have blew the opportunity. But this team is a completely different animal compared to previous.

For the first time I am filled with excitement instead of nerves, we will put these to the slaughter, at least 2-0, and continue undefeated through till we win the Fa Cup and EL.

The faith is real. :devil:
    Not sure if you remember a game we have against the Hammers at the end if the season couple of years ago, all we had to do was to win that game and get UCL. We lost it. I was at Caf and everyone was also feeling confident that we are going to smash them. It's going to absolutely kill us if we don't qualify to UCL for next year, either through the league or by winning the Europa League

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Not sure if you remember a game we have against the Hammers at the end if the season couple of years ago, all we had to do was to win that game and get UCL. We lost it. I was at Caf and everyone was also feeling confident that we are going to smash them. It's going to absolutely kill us if we don't qualify to UCL for next year, either through the league or by winning the Europa League
    We weren't confident at all for that... That was LvG's 2nd season where we all knew he was leaving by Christmas 2015, and he stayed for 5 months after.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
    What are the odds of Liescter to lose and draw their next 3 games right before they meet us? Honestly deep down I want them to not drop anymore poinsts so we can have one hell game against them! Can you imagine what a game it's gonna be if #3-#6 teams still have a chance to play in UCL? It'll be freaking Epic! Not sure if my heart can take it though
    Based on their form over a prolonged period, I’d say Leicester are fairly likely to drop more points. If we keep our form up then it’s there for the taking. It’s shaping up to be a very exciting race though, I agree.

Mr Smith

I remember that game, it was in 2015/16 under Van Gaal. The caf may have been confident but the team was not great going forward that year, and it was West Ham' s last game at Upton Park. In hindsight the writing was on the wall. I think things are very different this year. Also Villa are wank.

Havak

Pokemon master
    Is there a presser today for this game?

I am expecting that Lindelof will be rested more as a precaution to be ready for Southampton on Monday.

Other than that, I don't see much reason to change. We have four days between Bournemouth/Villa and Villa/Southampton. The trickier part will be managing players between Southampton/Palace/Chelsea(FA Cup)/West Ham, as that's a game every three days. But again, I expect minimal changes to starting XI's and trying to make use of the five substitutes as best we can. Hopefully we can blow a couple of these teams away in 45 minutes and rest key players early.

ShinjiNinja26

I hate having to play after all are rivals have already, adds an extra pressure. I’ve enjoyed the last few match days were we’ve played first and got our game out the way and can sit back with all the pressure on our rivals, it’s a lot more comfortable. :lol:

Riz

Don't know if this has been asked before, but on the match day page after clicking on the tab at the top of the site, for next match why is the background picture always The Emirates? @Niall @Damien

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    Oh for feck sake we've got Jon Moss again!

Expect lots of whistle blowing to slow the game so he can catch his breath. Fat cnut.

Hope that Villa haven't noticed that De Gea seems incapable of saving shots at his near post at the moment. Possibly time to give him some time on the sidelines with Romero more than capable of replacing him.

Rest of the team the same.
    De Gea's near post is becoming Joe Hart's low left. Everybody knows about it!

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
    I hate having to play after all are rivals have already, adds an extra pressure. I’ve enjoyed the last few match days were we’ve played first and got our game out the way and can sit back with all the pressure on our rivals, it’s a lot more comfortable. :lol:

Its extra incentive the way I see it

MonkeysMagic

With Mings channelling his inner Baresi, I can certainly see this, and for that matter all our remaining games as potential banana skins.

We still have the tendency to lose concentration and gift soft goals albeit our defence record has been good of late. So no let up and treat each game as a cup final, let's be honest that's what the opposition do!

Lynty

What are the odds of Liescter to lose and draw their next 3 games right before they meet us? Honestly deep down I want them to not drop anymore poinsts so we can have one hell game against them! Can you imagine what a game it's gonna be if #3-#6 teams still have a chance to play in UCL? It'll be freaking Epic! Not sure if my heart can take it though
    I do think it's going right to the end - something like this:

Chelsea60ptsLeicester59ptsUnited55ptsWolves52ptsArsenal50pts
    Sheffield
    63​
    Bournemouth
    62​
    Villa
    58​
    Sheffield
    55​
    Spurs
    53​
    Norwich
    66​
    Sheffield
    65​
    Southampton
    61​
    Everton
    56​
    Liverpool
    54​
    Liverpool
    67​
    Spurs
    66​
    Palace
    64​
    Burnley
    59​
    Villa
    57​
    WolvesUnitedWest Ham
    65​
    Palace
    62​
    Watford
    60​
    LeicesterChelsea

Shark

@NotShark
    It'll be grand, when is the last time Villa have scored more than one goal, we should have far too much for them here. Anything other than a win and we don't deserve to be a top four team.

ShinjiNinja26

Its extra incentive the way I see it

It'll be grand, when is the last time Villa have scored more than one goal, we should have far too much for them here. Anything other than a win and we don't deserve to be a top four team.
    Aye I suppose it will give our players extra incentive but I’m talking about from a personal point of view as well, helluva lot easier on the nerves when we can get our game out the way first. :lol:

Pace Abuser

The caf was broke by the time that game had come round. There was a thread about what we do while United play and the answers ranged from play on my phone to gardening. That's how bad it was

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
    Staff
    Don't know if this has been asked before, but on the match day page after clicking on the tab at the top of the site, for next match why is the background picture always The Emirates? @Niall @Damien
    Guessing for two reasons:
    1. It'd be too much work to change it every match
    2. The Emirates photo doesn't require paying someone to use

Riz

I do think it's going right to the end - something like this:

Chelsea60ptsLeicester59ptsUnited55ptsWolves52ptsArsenal50pts
    Sheffield
    63​
    Bournemouth
    62​
    Villa
    58​
    Sheffield
    55​
    Spurs
    53​
    Norwich
    66​
    Sheffield
    65​
    Southampton
    61​
    Everton
    56​
    Liverpool
    54​
    Liverpool
    67​
    Spurs
    66​
    Palace
    64​
    Burnley
    59​
    Villa
    57​
    WolvesUnitedWest Ham
    65​
    Palace
    62​
    Watford
    60​
    LeicesterChelsea
    None of your predictions look unreasonable but I think 7 wins and 3 draws for Chelsea, Leicester, United combined might be tough. Expect a loss in there somewhere with the most likely being when Chelsea play Liverpool. Hopefully West Ham and Moyes are safe by the time we play them.

Lynty

None of your predictions look unreasonable but I think 7 wins and 3 draws for Chelsea, Leicester, United combined might be tough. Expect a loss in there somewhere with the most likely being when Chelsea play Liverpool. Hopefully West Ham and Moyes are safe by the time we play them.
    Yes, I expect a loss a long the way - hopefully not us.

But I thought 7 out of 9 points leading up to the final game would be realistic for each club.

drdoityourself

Same 11, Bailly if Lindelöf hasn't recovered. This starting eleven is firing on all cylinders, no reason to break that up.

Villa are dire, their wingers like Trezeguet have been busts, their striker in recent games is Keinan Davis with something like 4 goals in 60 games in his career. We should be able to maintain this attacking style without a big threat of being punished.

SATA

Not sure why the Caf have this obsession of resting players. I mean start the best team as always and take players off when we have a two of three goal lead

PoTMS

The team has had 5 days rest. There shouldn't be any changes to the team that started last time out other than Bailly for Lindelof which was enforced by injury.

Lynty

Yeah love 'em :rolleyes:

Have fond memories of: Stand up if you hate Man Utd, Munich taunts and aeroplane gestures each time I've been.
    Everyone hates Manchester United.

I might be biased, but I like all the midland clubs, with the exception of Stoke.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Was that the game where they smashed our team coach up and the game had to be delayed?
    Not a full excuse, but it didn't help!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Not sure why the Caf have this obsession of resting players. I mean start the best team as always and take players off when we have a two of three goal lead
    Yes it is a bit odd in the circumstances.
    And if anything, this isn't the game for it, it's the Southampton home game squeezed in between two aways.

always_hoping

I see "football expert" Charlie Nicholas reckons This game will be another 2-2 draw.

PoTMS

With Mings channelling his inner Baresi, I can certainly see this, and for that matter all our remaining games as potential banana skins.

We still have the tendency to lose concentration and gift soft goals albeit our defence record has been good of late. So no let up and treat each game as a cup final, let's be honest that's what the opposition do!
    I'd just like to get away without Mings stamping on anyone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Mason Greenwood image Mason Greenwood 42% of 371 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 368 ratings.

Score Predictions