Kick-off
Sun, 9 May 2021 @ 2:05pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    No way we start Cavani for this one. We are actively managing him playing minutes and we should be able to get the job done without him against Villa.
    45 against Villa, rested vs Leicester, 90 vs Pool.

always_hoping

I'd expect the team that was named v Liverpool last Sunday will start this match.

Henderson
    Wan-Bissaka
    Lindelof
    Maguire
    Shaw
    Fred
    McTominay
    Bruno
    Rashford
    Pogba
    Greenwood

Big rotation will be done for Leicester on Tuesday and close to a full strength 11 will start v Liverpool I'd expect.

As it stands United need 4 points to officially secure a top 4 place. United have been the 2nd best team in the league this season and its where they deserve to finish however it will be difficult to finish 2nd now in that hectic schedule whereby the main objective is to avoid injuries before the Europa league final.

lex talionis

We’ll take Villa. Once we put Villa behind us we’ve got 9.9 fingers on second place and we manage the squad to ensure peak fitness for Villarreal.

RedCurry

45 against Villa, rested vs Leicester, 90 vs Pool.
    I think he will get 10-15 against Villa at best and no involvement either against Leicester or Liverpool. Dare I say Ole will prioritize Leicester game over Liverpool in order to mathematically secure second spot.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    I think he will get 10-15 against Villa at best and no involvement either against Leicester or Liverpool. Dare I say Ole will prioritize Leicester game over Liverpool in order to mathematically secure second spot.
    Nah, Ole knows how big the Liverpool game is. If he can be the one to strike the death blow on their UCL qualification hopes, he will be delighted.

PoTMS

No Grealish, no Trezeguet, no excuses. We must beat these.

lenny_1248

Against Aston Villa: Henderson, AWB, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, McT, Fred, Mata, Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood.
    Against Leicester: De Gea, Williams, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Telles, Pogba, Matic, Amad, VdB, James/Elanga, Cavani.

Ole has no choice but to put two different 11's.
    But if Bruno starts in all 3 games against AV, Leicester and Liverpool, I will fecking end my life.

Threesus

Was just going through villa talk and wow... they hate us so much. Am I not caught up with our clubs history or did we have a serious rivalry with them at any point ? Do you hate us for taking Ashley young off your hands @FootballHQ ?

FootballHQ

Supports
    Aston Villa
    Was just going through villa talk and wow... they hate us so much. Am I not caught up with our clubs history or did we have a serious rivalry with them at any point ? Do you hate us for taking Ashley young off your hands @FootballHQ ?
    Well just think of the disdain majority of you have for Wolves on this forum given the mediocre record Man. United have v them since 2018....add another 23 years and there you have it.

To recount we haven't won a single home game v you since August 1995 and it's not like we've had rubbish sides for all that period...we've finished top 6 something like 7 times since that season so it's very annoying to put it midly especially given all the 2 goal leads we've screwed up home and away.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    It's how every team in the league talks about us. We are probably in every team's top 3 rivals.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    Against Aston Villa: Henderson, AWB, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, McT, Fred, Mata, Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood.
    Against Leicester: De Gea, Williams, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Telles, Pogba, Matic, Amad, VdB, James/Elanga, Cavani.

But if Bruno starts in all 3 games against AV, Leicester and Liverpool, I will fecking end my life.
    Need some help over here. :nervous:

Devil may care

Full strength and get the 3 points in the bag, then rest a bunch for Leicester, then all back in for Liverpool.

lysglimt

Scout
    If we win this game - rest the entire first 11 against Leicester.

red woppit

Supports
    Northampton Town
    Interesting dilemma for Ole in the next three matches. Personally I would be looking for three points on Sunday first, so I can see pretty much the strongest team available playing, that, to me, would be Henderson, AWB, Lindelof (prefer Bailly, but he will come in v Leicester), Maguire, Shaw, McTominay, should be Fred but I think Matic may play, Bruno, Greenwood, Rashford, Pogba.
    Against Leicester I would like to see De Gea, Williams, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Telles, Fred, McTominay, VDB, Mata, Cavani, Martial/James (if fit).
    Against Liverpool back to team v Villa if everyone's fit. Would hope that Amad, Hannibal, Shoretire and Elanga may get some minutes during some of the games, Galbraith also is an interesting one also, wonder if he will get some time on the pitch.
    Ole really has to rotate in these matches, or else some players may get muscle injuries, and then be possibly unavailable for the final.

Last edited:

Dve

Villa and Liverpool:

............... Henderson

Bissaka - Bailly - Maguire - Shaw

........ McTominay - Fred

Greenwood - Fernandes - Pogba

................ Cavani

Leicester:

................... De Gea

Williams - Tuanzebe - Lindelöf - Telles

................ vdB - Matic

...... Amad - Mata - Rashford

.................. Martial

peridigm

Villa and Liverpool:

............... Henderson

Bissaka - Bailly - Maguire - Shaw

........ McTominay - Fred

Greenwood - Fernandes - Pogba

................ Cavani

Leicester:

................... De Gea

Williams - Tuanzebe - Lindelöf - Telles

................ vdB - Matic

...... Amad - Mata - Rashford

.................. Martial
    No reason to rotate Henderson.

OleTheGreat

I think we all hated watching Pogba in a deeper role in the Roma game. It was wrong playing VDB, Fred, Pogba and Bruno in midfield. We need to play Pogba as part of the forward line or in an advanced role. I think we can easily any game if Pogba is involved in the attack and not a part of the defensive midfield position to bring the ball up field. With Cavani, Pogba, Bruno and Rashford up field, we can go and beat any team. I hope Ole does the right thing by playing Pogba up front.

Havak

Pokemon master
    I think this is an even bigger game now that Leicester lost. If Chelsea fail to beat City, that means we can practically nail on 2nd Place before the horrible fixtures against Leicester & Liverpool close together.

Have to go full strength here and get the win at all costs. I think we would actually be confirmed 2nd if we beat Villa and avoid defeat to Leicester from our next games (and if Chelsea drop any more points). Then the remaining fixtures don't matter too much, we can just keep rotating to keep everyone fresh and sharp for the Europa League final.

Henderson
    Wan-Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    McTominay Fred
    Rashford Bruno Pogba
    Cavani​

Probably going to be this, but I'd actually prefer Greenwood over Rashford.

UncleBob

Interesting dilemma for Ole in the next three matches. Personally I would be looking for three points on Sunday first, so I can see pretty much the strongest team available playing, that, to me, would be Henderson, AWB, Lindelof (prefer Bailly, but he will come in v Leicester), Maguire, Shaw, McTominay, should be Fred but I think Matic may play, Bruno, Greenwood, Rashford, Pogba.
    Against Leicester I would like to see De Gea, Williams, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Telles, Fred, McTominay, VDB, Mata, Cavani, Martial/James (if fit).
    Against Liverpool back to team v Villa if everyone's fit. Would hope that Amad, Hannibal, Shoretire and Elanga may get some minutes during some of the games, Galbraith also is an interesting one also, wonder if he will get some time on the pitch.
    Ole really has to rotate in these matches, or else some players may get muscle injuries, and then be possibly unavailable for the final.
    Bailly :lol:

UncleBob

No way Ole is resting players for the match against Liverpool :lol:

We'll go full strength against Villa, then probably rest the majority of our back 4 + some of our attackers against Leicester, then full strength against Liverpool.

Just crucial that we don't feck up against Villa and make things more interesting than they have to be.

Longlivekeano

——————Henderson—————-

Axel—lindelof—Maguire—Shaw—

————-mctom——Fred————-

———————-Bruno——————

——mata—mason——rashford

prediction:1-2 mata, rashford

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    No way Ole is resting players for the match against Liverpool :lol:

We'll go full strength against Villa, then probably rest the majority of our back 4 + some of our attackers against Leicester, then full strength against Liverpool.

Just crucial that we don't feck up against Villa and make things more interesting than they have to be.
    I dunno! He was asked about two different 11s and said that’s what he will have to do.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    No Grealish again. He tormented us at OT earlier in the season and will be a huge miss

Bocca9978

I don’t like your chances, Bruno wants to play every game and Ole likes to oblige.
    You shouldn’t joke about this sort of thing.

Brightonian

In agreement with those who want full strength vs Villa, big rotation vs Leicester and back to full strength vs Liverpool.

Cathy Ferguson

No Grealish again. He tormented us at OT earlier in the season and will be a huge miss
    He is the opponent who has impressed me the most this season. Impossible to take the ball off him. Would much rather have him at United than Pogba.

Devil may care

Watkins is a physical, hard working striker, I'm sure he'll attach himself to Lindelof.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Go strong for Villa and hopefully we can save a couple of players 70 or so mins on, and then they can play a bit midweek too.

But generally seems fairly straight forward of having to rest a lot midweek.
    We have plenty of options so no doubt some players will play in all 3 but no more than 70 a game.

red woppit

Supports
    Northampton Town
    Very poor. If you have something to say then say it. It's very easy and lazy just to post an emoji when someone doesn't think the same as you.
    Like Fred, Bailly is just ridiculed by some every time he plays, regardless of how well they play. Grass is always greener to some people.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    He is the opponent who has impressed me the most this season. Impossible to take the ball off him. Would much rather have him at United than Pogba.
    I wouldn’t go that far. Pogba is far and away the superior player but Grealish gives us something different

Raven

Very poor. If you have something to say then say it. It's very easy and lazy just to post an emoji when someone doesn't think the same as you.
    Like Fred, Bailly is just ridiculed by some every time he plays, regardless of how well they play. Grass is always greener to some people.
    Surely Lindelof has proven that he's by far the best option next to Maguire right now? We always concede more with Bailly playing. Having said that, I'd probably go Maguire and Tuanzebe for the Villa and Liverpool matches and Lindelof Bailly for Leicester so that we have at least 1 CB we can rely on in all 3 matches.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 244 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Aston Villa win
  • Draw