Kick-off
Sat, 15 January 2022 @ 5:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ludens the Red

Digne and Coutinho set for debuts. I’ve never been so sure of losing a game (not against city or Liverpool) as I am of this. Maybe since Barcelona in 2011.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
    Time Travel
    At this rate Slippy is probably blackmailing Raiola with nudes to sign Haaland before the next league game. City should have never given them that Grealish money.

stoinz

DDG
    Dalot Lindelof Varane Telles
    Fred DVB
    Bruno Sancho
    Ronaldo Greenwood

Would be my guess. I'm strangely optimistic about this.

Levenstein

Wonder if Henderson will be on the bench having walked off Monday because he was not selected to play.
    Should stay home then. Don’t tolerate this.

There are lot of concerns about this game and people seem to be very confident in Villa success - I think this is our turnaround game. We will show better gameplay and attitude and win this one.

Last edited:

Coops73

At this rate Slippy is probably blackmailing Raiola with nudes to sign Haaland before the next league game. City should have never given them that Grealish money.
    Maybe that’s the real reason why Raiola was taken ill the other day, wanked himself into the A&E.

Wing Attack Plan R

This one should be interesting. We were outplayed for long stretches in the last match, they missed a couple of golden chances, and we had our own poor decision-making nearly bite us.

We could have won 3-0 or lost 1-3 with just a tiny swing in luck.

I'd say the coaching decision are going to be key, whether we are told to try the gegenpress again or to sit back, if we try to hit them on the counter or try to control the game. With the personnel we have available I'd think the press is going to kill us. RR will need to stick an extra body in midfield, as bruno kept going too far ahead. I hope the instructions are to keep it safe, and to hope for a lucky break. If we play open and high up the pitch we will get exposed and we will pay for it.

I think there's more chance of a narrow loss than a win, but Individual Brilliance FC with our star player Own Goal might show up and give us a 2-1 win.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    This is the game where it all clicks, I can just feel it! 4-3-3, more control, more possession. I fancy us to win 3-0 convincingly and go on somewhat of a run.

Probably going to limp to a defeat though

Gordon S

This is the game where it all clicks, I can just feel it! 4-3-3, more control, more possession. I fancy us to win 3-0 convincingly and go on somewhat of a run.

Nah, scrap the white text! This is the turning point!

lenny_1248

Football is a simple game: 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and, in the end, Phil Jones always wins.

Lewnited

I have no idea why but i'm genuinely optimistic for this game, McGinn being out pleases me more than Coutinho scares me. Think Rangnick will finally get some of the control in the performance that he often speaks about if we go with 3 or 4 in midfield.

With that in mind, comfortable 2-0 win for Villa.

wolvored

If we have a repeat of how we played the last time they will win. They are at home with the crowd with them and I bet SG is licking his lips. 2-0 Villa.

GoldanoGraham

If we start with Matic in place of McT in the midfield it’s going to be a long night.

There needs to be a significant change in the way we shape up for this game as we were played off the park for large patches of the game, as for nearly all of the Wolves game.

With the exception of the Palace game we haven’t actually controlled or looked in dominant charge of any game under RR.

The fact that McGinn is out is a big plus for us.

RonaldoVII

De Gea
    Lindelof Varane Maguire
    Dalot---------------------------------------------Shaw
    Fred Bruno
    Greenwood-----------------------------Sancho
    Ronaldo
    Can't be any worse. Call it 343 or whatever.

diarm

I'd like to see:
    De Gea
    Dalot Varane Maguire Shaw
    Fred Matic
    Greenwood VdBeek Sancho
    Ronaldo​

SonyaCross493

It is time! I do think United have to click eventually and I think the Captain Ronny public bollocking in the media dressing down of these over-pampered and overpaid spoilt flops will have worked a treat to fire up the lads for this one!

2-0 United no messing about now! Let's get this show on the road! We are United and we do what we want! :keano:

the United away fans will be well up for this. Sticking it to Gerrard! Fecking Scouse scummer already eyeing up Klopps job the arrogance of the man knows no bounds.. fecking still the classless feck that punched a DJ for not playing a Phil Collins song a few years ago ! Let's bring Gerrard and his media minions back down to earth!

Last edited:

Red00012

Digne and Coutinho set for debuts. I’ve never been so sure of losing a game (not against city or Liverpool) as I am of this. Maybe since Barcelona in 2011.
    I’m flying over to the game in the morning I may back Villa to cover the weekend drinking . Not confident at all

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
    Even a draw will feel like a result. That's how shite we are.

You can't even get good prices on double chance bets against United these days. Throwing €50 on Villa.

Giggsy13

Maguire firmly on the bench please. Captain Fraudtastic not needed. Telles for Shaw, Donny for McT. Rashford remains on the bench, Greenwood and Ronaldo up top. Sancho and Bruno behind them.

rooney2009

We will win if we pick the right team
    3 man midfield of Matic VDB and Fred and we will win
    Anything else and we are in trouble— simple as

yamo123x

Shaw and MCT both suspended yet still in many people’s line ups.

Matic DVB and Fred all gonna start. Back 3 I reckon.

De Gea

Jones varane Maguire

Dalot matic Fred dvb telles

Bruno

Ronaldo

USREDEVIL

No more "next game" bullshit. Play hard and win THIS GAME. Things are getting really dicey for 4th place. Cannot afford to "go again next game..."

UTD_Since_1978

Even a draw will feel like a result. That's how shite we are.
    Yeah, as City stroll to another PL Title, at this rate, in 20 years time, not only will Liverpool eclipse our current 20 League Titles but so will Man City. :mad: :(

Gandalf

Been doing ok in the lineup prediction league but here is where it all goes pear shaped, I am buying into Ralf praising Donny on Monday and picking him to start, fecking certifiable I am.

DDG

AWB Varane Maguire Telles

Matic

Fred DVB

Bruno

Cavani Ronaldo

Telles of course has to start due to the suspension and I am sure Matic is nailed on to take Scott's place for the same reason. AWB as I expect Ralf will just rotate the RB options until one of them does something deserving of keeping their place so that will be never. Maguire looks like he will be fit and I anticipate our Captain must start as always and Victor will be the one to drop out. The attacking positions I honestly have no fecking clue, the formation probably calls for speedier wide attackers but right now they are all playing like crap with the exception of Elanga who has no chance of starting. Could also see this as a straight 4-3-3 with Bruno in attack.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 43% of 239 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 253 ratings.

Score Predictions