Atalanta B.C.

Siorac

Those ridiculous penalties at Juve still annoy me. Without those, they could be gunning for the title with the form they're in. Fantastic team to watch.

RooneyLegend

Anyone we should look at signing
Gosens who plays left wingback. Their 2 stars are old and if we were to bring them in they'd be a proper stop gap. Those two being Gomez and Illicic who are probably in the top 5 players in the league.

RooneyLegend

Does anyone know what’s up with Ilicic? He’s not playing much since the restart.
Don't know but hes been completely off colour since the league resumed. I presume he was injured or something like that which is a shame cause had he been firing on all cylinders they'd spanked Juve.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Gomez was magnificent v Juve at the weekend. They couldn’t get near him. A joy to watch football when it is played like that.
Weirdly enough, he's exactly the type of player I expected Angel Gomes to be. Similar sizes and play the same way.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Josip Ilicic - 20 goals, 5 assists
Luis Muriel - 18 goals, 1 assist
Duvan Zapata - 17 goals, 5 assists
Robin Gosens - 10 goals, 8 assists
Mario Pasalic - 9 goals, 7 assists
Ruslan Malinovskiy - 8 goals, 3 assists
Alejandro Gómez - 7 goals, 18 assists

Some key player stats this season.
:eek:

Sylar

Sorta reminds me of Monaco a few years ago although thats from initial thoughts.

I dont know their finances or watch much of them except highlights here and there (especially when a result stands out), but what are the chances their team stays together vs players leaving / getting picked off?

KC91

Sorta reminds me of Monaco a few years ago although thats from initial thoughts.

I dont know their finances or watch much of them except highlights here and there (especially when a result stands out), but what are the chances their team stays together vs players leaving / getting picked off?
Given the age of their top performers you might see teams go in for Zapata or Gosens, but generally speaking the team will stay intact. They also have a knack for picking up some good talent on the transfer market without having to spend a whole lot. Along with a strong youth academy.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Atalanta has completely broke the myth that Serie A is defensive and boring. What a credit to the league. They are such a joy to watch. 93 goals this season. They seem to score 4, 5, 6 goals every games it's insane. Must be a dream for punters playing overs and the neutrals. Just incredible. If only they had beaten Juve, they would only be 3 points behind and have a real shot of winning Scudetto.
They would have been 6 point behind Juve, had they won, 3 now, with a game more played.
Also, if they had won 2-1, the gap was really 7 points due to H2H, as Juve won the first game 3-1.

Juventus didnt deserve anything from the game, obviously, but this title race was never all that exciting.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Josip Ilicic - 20 goals, 5 assists
Luis Muriel - 18 goals, 1 assist
Duvan Zapata - 17 goals, 5 assists
Robin Gosens - 10 goals, 8 assists
Mario Pasalic - 9 goals, 7 assists
Ruslan Malinovskiy - 8 goals, 3 assists
Alejandro Gómez - 7 goals, 18 assists

Some key player stats this season.
My word those are some stats. :eek:

LuckyScout78

I haven’t take a close look before this week, when i want to check out the reasons why they have score so many goals. And after that i know reasons why. They have really many quality and skillful football players. On a really high level.

European top clubs go summer shopping in Monaco few years. I know where i will go shopping this summer.

I will write a short few recommendations now. Then i will write a more full scouting/report later in transfer section.

First they left full back/left midfield in Robin Gosens. He is on same level as Liverpool Robertson and will definitely strength United left back and a option for left midfield in need. High engine player, but still really skillful. And he score many goals.

Two. If Sancho doesn’t come to United this summer. Then Josip Ilicic can be a really good RW. And to be honest I don’t know about this guy before now, at the age 32. Like where have he been hiding or i should take a close look on Atalanta a lot earlier. This man is the real deal like Robin Gosens. Ilicic end product and finish is just amazing.
Greenwood would learn alot from this guy. This guy has everything. Composure and calmness. And his sharpness?Really consistent.
Ilicic will be a good mentor for Greenwood. To develop to a consistent last and top level. Greenwood is on a high level right now. But he is not there yet. Consistent over a long period, on top level.
Ilicic is 32, but still lightweight and i think he has few more years left in him, at least. He would be a top short and long time solution. Few more years to Greenwood to develop into a end product about few years.
And in some game you can use Greenwood as CF and Ilicic as RW. So many options there. Ilicic can be a second striker and CF options too. A CF in need. If United need a really good CF option like Ighalo. And to be honest. As a CF option. Ilicic is on a higher level than Ighalo. Ilicic is so sharp. Have him a really good RW and CF. It would strengthen United a lot. Give United strong depth.

Conclusion. If i was Ole, United manager and D.o.F. I will definitely buy and add Robin Gosens and Josip Ilicic. Clear as days. They are the real deal. Really really good football players. Beside others Atalanta players who I don’t want to tell the name yet.

Line up with Gosens and Ilicic:

Bissaka - Lindelof/Bailly - Maguire- Gosens + Ilicic - McTom- Pogba - Rashford + Bruno + Martial/Greenwood.

Ilicic as new RW and move Greenwood up as CF option, but still Greenwood as a RW in need too. Many high quality options = strong depth. Then United can rotate more in a long season.

So Ole should consider Ilicic beside Sancho and Chiesa. 3 really good RW options.

Last edited:

LuckyScout78

Ilicic is 32 and he's not a rw at all :lol:
He has play there for Atalanta many time. Same type of player like Mahrez and Greenwood. And when Greenwood is a natural CF, can play as RW. Reason why Ilicic has play RW for Atlanta.
I have seen many goals a la Robben.

If not as RW. Easily above Ighalo as CF. Ok, he score two pen against Valencia. But total 4 goals. Josip Ilicic is a player i will definitely have in my squad as United manager. Pleasure to watch Ilicic playing football. Artist on football pitch.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He's more of a wide attacking midfielder than a right winger + he's 32 ffs
Before he moved to Atalanta he was known for his lazy attitude. He'd be great as a Bruno rotation player but he's too fecking old.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He has play there for Atalanta many time. Same type of player like Mahrez and Greenwood. And when Greenwood is a natural CF, can play as RW. Reason why Ilicic has play RW for Atlanta.
I have seen many goals a la Robben.

If not as RW. Easily above Ighalo as CF. Ok, he score two pen against Valencia. But total 4 goals. Josip Ilicic is a player i will definitely have in my squad as United manager. Pleasure to watch Ilicic playing football. Artist on football pitch.
He'll be 33 in January, only months into the new season.

United buy players young and motivated, not a 32 year old.

Scouts would never come back and say 'you need to sign this 32 year old'.

LuckyScout78

He'll be 33 in January, only months into the new season.

United buy players young and motivated, not a 32 year old.

Scouts would never come back and say 'you need to sign this 32 year old'.
But are you sure you will get Sancho this summer?Not Sancho. Wouldn’t you be satisfy to have Ilicic as RW and CF options. Mata, Lingard, Perreira and Ighalo above Ilicic?

Miss out in Sancho. Ilicic can be plan b. Few years and gas stop to Greenwood to develop as CF or RW.
Like I said. Greenwood is on a really high level, but on a consistent level of Ilicic this season. Greenwood is not there yet. It tell how good Ilicic as football player.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
But are you sure you will get Sancho this summer?Not Sancho. Wouldn’t you be satisfy to have Ilicic as RW and CF options. Mata, Lingard, Perreira and Ighalo above Ilicic?

Miss out in Sancho. Ilicic can be plan b. Few years and gas stop to Greenwood to develop as CF or RW.
Like I said. Greenwood is on a really high level, but on a consistent level of Ilicic this season. Greenwood is not there yet. It tell how good Ilicic as football player.
Sancho I think will happen at this stage, but Ilicic if we're going to pull on that thread being 32, he could come to the EPL and have a year to transition and 'settle into the team', the first season in England is not always easy.

So United buy a RW, they take half a season to settle, then he's 33 and he needs to be moved on and replaced, what's the point?

It's not like you are buying RVP who is arguably the best player in the league.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Ole is never buying a player like Ilicic, forget it. :lol:

He's an absolute joy to watch when he decides to play, mind.

ninjaskill

CL winners or is Serie A just too shit so them killing it doesn't matter?
Possible but there defence makes it hard. Although they do love a comeback and psg love throwing a lead away so could see them knocking them out for sure. If the defence plays well then they have every chance of coming out on top.

Paul_Scholes18

Possible but there defence makes it hard. Although they do love a comeback and psg love throwing a lead away so could see them knocking them out for sure. If the defence plays well then they have every chance of coming out on top.
They had that crazy game vs City in the group stage didn't they with Walker in goal at the end.
Then got smashed 5-1 the other game. That is a worry vs better side.

I am going to support them and hope they do well. PSG not having any games should help them a lot.
I had PSG as my CL winner before the season. Not thinking that much anymore.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
They just click... Its an amazing job done by Gasperini as the Team is way higher than the sum of all individual players.. Players like Hateboer, de Roon, Gosens were relatively mediocre prospects in the Eredivisie, where none of Ajax Feyenoord, PSV, AZ ever look at them as potential targets..

Their scouting is absolutely incredible as Gasperini developed a system where he knows exactly what he expects in each position and managed to bring that to the players where they all know exaclty what is expected of them.. Its a system designed to let their creative players excel, and at the same time play with enormous pressure on the opposition..

Huge compliment to whole organization and to Gasperini..

I dont think the bigger clubs should fall into the trap thinking all those players are suddenly word class.. Someone like Gosens is no where near good enough to play leftback on the highest (Champions League) level in a system with only 2 CB's.. Same holds for Hateboer on the right...

Papu Gomez and Ilicic are obviously very very skilled players and when given the freedom they need they are good enough to make a difference on a very high level.. But the question is.. Would they at a top club be granted the same level of freedom and the same status, to excel in the same way as they do at Atalanta? I dont think so... (Similar to I think Depay who is able to excel at Lyon, but wouldnt make it at a Real Madrid, Juve, Chelsea, United where he would just be one of the attackers..)

redevul5566

Supports
I also support Real Mallorca.
They will become the first modern Italian serie a to score 100 goals in a single season. I believe.

NYAS

Their comeback earlier was great. Strong characters in that team as well.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Gomez is a real gem. Love watching him play. Great goal tonight to get the win.

P.S. Is Muriel the most effective substitute in European football currently? Another terrific cameo tonight. Looks twice the player he was at Sevilla.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
PSG should beat them if they are any good. Parma should have beaten them. Really fortunate to win tonight.

Nice team to watch but they’re far too open.

paulscholes18

PSG should beat them if they are any good. Parma should have beaten them. Really fortunate to win tonight.

Nice team to watch but they’re far too open.
Wonder how much match fitness plays a part with Atalanta finishing their season.

Mr Smith

Ilicic is an amaxing player and I love watching him, but he doesn't suit our style of play at all. If Sancho falls through we have other options. United aren't going to buy an almost 33 year old inside forward having an Indian summer in Italy.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
In any other CL games, PSG would maul them apart in the first game and falter in the second in embarrassing fashion. With this elimination game, I don't know what to expect. I think they'll still beat them even without much competition and without Mbappe, they still have incredible players and Atalanta is like swiss cheese defense (not that PSG is brilliant, but they have been much better than Atalanta in the CL when it comes to defense).

In Rainbows

Has anybody mentioned that our former youth player Gollini is their keeper? I liked him in the same way as I liked Pereira. Great goalkeepers at youth level, below Henderson and Kovar. However, he's done really well for himself as a pro. Happy for him.

Lee565

The most exciting team to watch in football, they really are must see tv/stream whenever they are playing.