Atalanta B.C.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
A tale of two halves, they looked good in the first half but overall they didn't deserve to win this game, PSG was superior to them from the 35th minute onwards.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This. They just need better conditioning. Mind you Gasperini used alot of his squad in the last few games.
There's an argument to be made their conditioning post-covid was backwards - started very strong and faded towards the end, not a good look for the CL - but then again they were very much playing for CL during the restart. Still, 12 games, in summer heat, in the space of 40 days, at the end of a unique season, that was gonna leave a mark no matter what

Every italian club has looked less fit than their opponents in their european games, with the possible exception of Leverkusen. Pretty clear finishing the season later than everyone else has had an effect

SAFMUTD

Another cinderella story broken, like Ajax and Monaco before. They wont get dismantled but their key players are around 30 so I doubt they'll be comming back soon.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Another cinderella story broken, like Ajax and Monaco before. They wont get dismantled but their key players are around 30 so I doubt they'll be comming back soon.
That might actually be an advantage, the big clubs won’t be interested.

SAFMUTD

That might actually be an advantage, the big clubs won’t be interested.
I agree, I dont think anyone besides maybe Zapata will get a move. But what's impressive about them is their front 3, Ilicic and Papu Gomez are 32 already, Zapata is 29 so its only natural they'll regress every year thats why I dont think we'll see them at this stages in the next years.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They'll never win anything playing with that style though.
It's good to watch, but they carry on playing the same way.
At some point there has to be a plan B, and alas, I don't think they have one.
Atalanta aren't really judged on winning trophies compared to say the Milan or Rome clubs. It's been a fantastic season from them, shame they couldn't have gone a round or two further.

Lee565

They are such a weird club, they have been a revelation over the past few seasons and one of the most exciting teams to watch and yet I dont look at their players with great desire to see united sign one or two of them, they are kinda like Sheffield united in that sense.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
They are such a weird club, they have been a revelation over the past few seasons and one of the most exciting teams to watch and yet I dont look at their players with great desire to see united sign one or two of them, they are kinda like Sheffield united in that sense.
Usually says more about the manager or coaches than the players. I think the same with Liverpool. Not as much obviously, they clearly have great players in their team. But you look at their first 11, and think how the hell has Klopp won the premier league and champions league with that lot?

Lee565

Usually says more about the manager or coaches than the players. I think the same with Liverpool. Not as much obviously, they clearly have great players in their team. But you look at their first 11, and think how the hell has Klopp won the premier league and champions league with that lot?
Yeah especially when you look at their depth outside their first choice 11

Someone posted on GoT that in 17-18 they and Lyon were in our EL group. I remember they destroyed us 3-0 and 5-1 (We didn't think it would be an easy game but definitely thought we had a chance). Now both of those clubs are in the CL QF and we are languishing in 12th place in the PL.
I remember your games against them, thats when they caught my eye.

Its interesting seeing the progress of them and Lyon considering they were both in EL group a few years back. It definaltey not due to the lack money, what do you think the reasons are for the lack of progress?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Its interesting seeing the progress of them and Lyon considering they were both in EL group a few years back. It definaltey not due to the lack money, what do you think the reasons are for the lack of progress?
I feel like both clubs have a clear philosophy despite who the manager is (though Atalanta still have the same manager from that period so that helps). We haven't and currently Brands is trying to deal with the damage that Walsh did / imprint our own club philosophy. It will be interesting if Atalanta can regroup or not next season as they've been pretty consistent now for a few years.

RooneyLegend

They have to pray Illicic gets over whatever he's going through and sign some defenders. If they do that I'd back them to win serie A next season. Good 1 on 1 defenders will do as outside Palomino the other guys get done by any attacker out there. That simply isn't sustainable with the way they play.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

:houllier: Lyon? Lyon are wank and to compare them to Atalanta?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Atalanta have their fingerprints all over this tournament.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bit harsh. I don't think anyone actually expects Atalanta to compete like that.

NYAS

The fact they are going for the likes of Botman and Musso, when they already have Romero in defence, Maehle and Gosens as wing-backs, plus Zapata up top and Malinovskyi behind him, is really impressive.

Ekeke

The fact they are going for the likes of Botman and Musso, when they already have Romero in defence, Maehle and Gosens as wing-backs, plus Zapata up top and Malinovskyi behind him, is really impressive.
Sign their recruitment team

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Seem to be a really well run club.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
They're letting go of Gollini after bringing in Musso, though, which is strange as I found Gollini to be the better keeper. Other than that, though, their recruitment is amazing.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Miranchuk, Pasalic, Muriel, Pessina, Dijmsti… they are going for the Scudetto next year, aren’t they? 90 points are well within their reach, provided that they start well.

Elsewhere, Inter without Conte is worth 10+ points less; same applies to AC Milan without half of their 20 penalties; Juve has Allegri again but their squad is still in a rebuilding mess; the Mourinho at Roma kolossal will get sour before Christmas; and Napoli are serial bottlers whenever they are asked to play under mental pressure.

abundance

Supports
Inter
They're letting go of Gollini after bringing in Musso, though, which is strange as I found Gollini to be the better keeper. Other than that, though, their recruitment is amazing.
Yep bit strange for me too - I actually think Musso is the better keeper, but not by that much.

There must be something going on behind the scenes in term of trust with the coach, relationships in the locker room or something like that, as it was also very strange when Gollini was dropped for Sportiello for a while in the middle of the season.

troylocker

To the people in Bergamo's defense, he only has 220 matches for Atalanta, so.....