ATG Manager Draft Final - Big Dunk vs harms (N. Rocco vs. V. Lobanovskyi)

Who will win this game (also taking realization of the tactical blueprint into account)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
A lot of set pieces, which in fairness are an absolutely legit way to score. That said, they don't "add up" as goalscoring potential (you don't get twice the probability of scoring from a penalty, for example). That defence would also be extra careful not to give many away.

You just needed that third proper forward IMO. The style you went for isn't one where you hope to nick it with a set piece, it's more about outscoring, particularly when the other team very likely would.
I understand where you're coming from and generally I've picked Cruyff because his goals added up to a total tally. But then, Lobanovsky's teams hardly had truly outstanding goalscorers before Sheva and relied more on a collective contribution, hence why I've picked so prolific midfielders. Matthäus, Breitner & De Bruyne had scored enough from open play to match that – and in Seeler I have the best goalscorer on the pitch.

Dynamo 1985/86, league stats:

Belanov: 10 goals in 22 games
Blokhin: 2 goals in 23 games
Yevtushenko: 6 goals in 27 games
Mykhaylychenko: 12 goals in 20 games
Zavarov: 4 goals in 20 games
Yaremchuk: 3 goals in 15 games
Rats: 7 goals in 30 games
Bessonov: 1 goals in 16 games
Kuznetsov: 2 goals in 27 games
Demyanenko: 2 goala in 29 games

CWC 1985/86:
Belanov, Blokhin, Zavarov - 5 goals
Yaremchik, Yevtushenko - 3 goals

USSR in 1988 Euros (5 games overall):
Protasov - 2 goals
Aleinikov, Lytovchenko, Mykhaylychenko, Pasulko, Rats - 1 goal

A 3rd forward would be a better pick for this set up in general, but not for a replica of a Lobanovsky's team.