Lucio's #1 Fan
- Jul 19, 2014
TEAM KENDRICK (Fabio Capello)
Capello's 93/94 Milan
4-4-1-1 flowing into 4-1-3-2
Ultra-defensive, heavy reliance on playmakers. In possession, flows to a 4-1-3-2, with Makelele as the lone anchor.
Schmeichel commanding the area
Flat back four, although Makelele will drop back for when Kaiser moves forward, like for like Desailly and Baresi. Vogts in certain situations can push forward as well.
Busquets can also drop back to create a back 5, as Capello in this season was want to do, but can also move forward and create.
Bozsik reprises the role of Boban, a do-everything player that will drop centrally into a playmaking role from right-half when Vogts moving forward, exactly like Boban and Tassotti.
Giggs as Donadoni, can either drift wide to create from the wing, or drift into a central role to match Mbappe and/or pick out passes to the two up front. Also tenacious at tracking back.
Ronaldinho as Savicevic, slightly behind Mbappe, finding the space in between the lines and making his trademark runs.
Mbappe plays as the number 9, although moves around to create space and make runs in behind for the 4 playmakers behind him.
Alterations from the original:
Mbappe is less an out-and-out striker like Papin but plays more Henry-esque, as he is want to do.
Ronaldinho also play less as a second striker but more along the entire of the front.
TEAM GSTQ (Bela Guttmann)
Manager details -
1. Bela Guttmann's most famous team was the Benfica team of early 60's which won back to back European Cups
2. He was known for his expansive attacking brand of football.
3. Having managed in Hungary for most part of the 50's where the 3-2-2-3 was prevalent, he used the same at Benfica to great success as well.
1. Coluna and Eusebio was a very balanced pair with Coluna playing the more deeper role and Eusebio playing the more advanced role. Didi similarly will play the more deeper role and Rivaldo the more advanced role.
2. Pirlo takes up the equivalent of Bozsik role (alongside DM Zakarias) from the Hungary setup. Cant really be considered an improvement or deviation as the Benfica team also didn't have two pure defensive midfielders. Domiciano Cavém for example in the Benfica midfield had scored 100+ goals in his career. Bozsik reference just gets the point home more smoothly.
3. The rest of the team doesn't need much explanation as things more or less are obvious in defense and attack.