Television Atlanta (TV Show)

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Rumours Dong Lover has signed a deal woth Amazon Prime.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Just started watching this on Disney+, a couple of episodes into Season 2. Wanted to see it for a long time but missed the original airing and forgot about it. Absolutely bloody superb show. Great writing, great cast, great individual moments. I feel I can take a one minute snippet from any episode in season 1, show it to someone, and have them hooked right there and then.

Still think daily about Paper Boi during that entire talk show episode or when he's getting riled up in the club and he finds out they've been screwed out of 5k. It's not fair to pick out one cast member and say "they're the best" but BTH is absolutely bloody outstanding.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Just started watching this on Disney+, a couple of episodes into Season 2. Wanted to see it for a long time but missed the original airing and forgot about it. Absolutely bloody superb show. Great writing, great cast, great individual moments. I feel I can take a one minute snippet from any episode in season 1, show it to someone, and have them hooked right there and then.

Still think daily about Paper Boi during that entire talk show episode or when he's getting riled up in the club and he finds out they've been screwed out of 5k. It's not fair to pick out one cast member and say "they're the best" but BTH is absolutely bloody outstanding.
Thanks for the bump - I'd started this a few years back and loved it, but never had an easy way to watch it and had no idea it was on D+. Will get stuck into it soon.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It’s back!

The fried chicken in the first ep, so grim :lol:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Woohoo

Can't believe it's been four years since season two. Teddy Perkins is still one of my favourite tv episodes ever.

choccy77

This is the best written show on TV by a Mile.

Check out his interview on Jimmy Kimmel last week... Looks so much happier than he did a year ago.

New Music on the way.

Also, Lando got mentioned :D

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This is the best written show on TV by a Mile.

Check out his interview on Jimmy Kimmel last week... Looks so much happier than he did a year ago.

New Music on the way.

Also, Lando got mentioned :D
Ooh. I thought he was finished with it?

choccy77

Ooh. I thought he was finished with it?
Nah,

I think he was in a bad place when he said he wouldn't to Gambino anymore.

But he looks so much more energised now and he is writing music, stand up, TV and movies again.

cafecillos

I thought the first 3 episodes were fantastic, bizarre but also uncluttered, it all feels so fresh.

Glover is not directing or writing this now, is he?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Nah,

I think he was in a bad place when he said he wouldn't to Gambino anymore.

But he looks so much more energised now and he is writing music, stand up, TV and movies again.
Nice. Followed his career ever since I found Freaks and Geeks on YouTube and glad he's doing so well.

choccy77

Nice. Followed his career ever since I found Freaks and Geeks on YouTube and glad he's doing so well.
Yeah, he is a breath of fresh air and his writing style is so good, makes you think and plants things in a way that are blatant but subtle.

choccy77

I thought the first 3 episodes were fantastic, bizarre but also uncluttered, it all feels so fresh.

Glover is not directing or writing this now, is he?
Glover writes along with a team.

Season 3 was written before the pandemic happened.

Season 4 was shot at same time as Season 3 I believe, or was meant to be (subject to pandemic).

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Cool idea but the execution of that one was kinda poor. Felt like it could have been a lot funnier. Easily the weakest so far.

cafecillos

Another absolutely fantastic episode, I'm in love with the show so I may be a bit biased, but I genuinely believe they are serving utterly brilliant tv at the moment.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Cool idea but the execution of that one was kinda poor. Felt like it could have been a lot funnier. Easily the weakest so far.
Yeah it was kind of one note. I expected it to go somewhere else but it just didn’t. There’s been better episodes.

choccy77

Yeah it was kind of one note. I expected it to go somewhere else but it just didn’t. There’s been better episodes.
They wanted to make each episode like a movie.

So not all of them will follow a linear pattern.

This week's was just so funny, well thought out and a great mockery of society today whilst touching on a sensitive subject and making you think also.