Atletico Madrid refusing to play Antoine Griezmann more than 30 minutes/Resolved!/smashing it for France.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Griezmann should be talking to his legal team here.

cyberman

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Can't blame Atletico, more stupidity from Barcelona agreeing the deal.

It's ridiculous for Griezmann, guess he'll but be rested for the world cup. So there's a positive for France.

Pickle85

After the bollocks Barça have been pulling all summer they can hardly complain. They still will, mind.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Are they starting him and subbing off after 28? Or bringing him on with 29 left?
Got to be bringing him on. Not sure how they can guarantee it either way though. Sometimes you can’t make a sub for a couple minutes if the ball stays in play. Or if you bring him in with 29 to go there would likely be injury time.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
- The mandatory clause is €40M.
- He has to play 50%+ of the matches in which he is available.
- Last year he played 30 of 37 or 33 of 40. It depends media you see.
- Some say he should play 45 minutes minimum and others 30.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Are they starting him and subbing off after 28? Or bringing him on with 29 left?
Haven't watched any Atletico games but going off based their match against vilareal it's the latter with him being subbed on in the 62nd minute which Beggs the question about whether the added time counts or not.

desertegil

Supports
ODDs Ballklubb
Atletico have no obligation to fulfill the criteria for the automatic buy-clause.

This is hilarious btw.
Good luck to Barca getting rid of a 32 year old player on monster wages.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Poor guy, could've retired as a legend there.
Poor guy nothing, this is the same clown that produced a video about what club he was signing for using Piques agency to produce it just to snub Barca and United to stay at Atletico, then leaves them a season later only to come running back.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
feck Barca, and love Simeone for shithousing them this way (feel a bit bad for Griezmann though).

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Ok so I checked, in both of their games he was subbed on at the 62nd minute.

dinostar77

Brilliant, he and barcelona deserve no less. Maybe he should make a new The Decision show about whether he should play more than 30mins.

Bound to be box office viewing.

the_cliff

When does his loan run out ?

End of this season ?

Next season Barca are going to need sell their stadium, land and soul to pay all of those salaries. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or maybe instead of asking players to take pay cuts they're going to ask the players to pay them to play for Barcelona. Mes Que En Club or whatever.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Griezmann should be talking to his legal team here.
Why? I would assume he or his agent is part of the deal that took him to Atletico so I doubt he wouldn’t be aware of this clause.

mav_9me

feck Barca, and love Simeone for shithousing them this way (feel a bit bad for Griezmann though).
Poor guy nothing, this is the same clown that produced a video about what club he was signing for using Piques agency to produce it just to snub Barca and United to stay at Atletico, then leaves them a season later only to come running back.
Zero sympathy for Griezmann