Atletico Madrid refusing to play Antoine Griezmann more than 30 minutes/Resolved!/smashing it for France.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Probably say contract illegal and make veiled threats via Romero et al.

Mes que un club…
If they cannot shift him, they'll have to pull more levers. Reportedly their top earner on €700k a week or something mental and will be owed a €20m bonus for seeing his contract out. Wouldn't surprise me if he is actually in on this a little as 30 mins every game in the lead up to the WC isn't that bad as he'll still be training, then over the next year and a bit he gets all his mega bucks.

Barca having to take him back are out of their fee plus €56m with wages and bonuses. That is a lever by itself.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
If they cannot shift him, they'll have to pull more levers. Reportedly their top earner on €700k a week or something mental and will be owed a €20m bonus for seeing his contract out. Wouldn't surprise me if he is actually in on this a little as 30 mins every game in the lead up to the WC isn't that bad as he'll still be training, then over the next year and a bit he gets all his mega bucks.

Barca having to take him back are out of their fee plus €56m with wages and bonuses. That is a lever by itself.
Excellent. Anything that pisses off Barca is good.

Real life “FIFA 2022” club

CruyffMaradonaMessi

Supports
FC Barcelona
Small-time club. Nothing new. This after giving Luis Suárez for free to them which helped them win the 2020-21 league title. Of course the alternative option would have been worse so in a way it was a good move now that Barça failed to win the league that season.

Anyway I think that they will end up buying Griezmann either way (the season is very long) and if not some kind of solution will be found with them or some other club next summer.

The contract of Griezmann expires in 2024. So we are not going to pay his insane wages anymore most likely.

In 1-2 years time most of those insane Bartomeu player contracts are going to expire.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Small-time club. Nothing new. This after giving Luis Suárez for free to them which helped them win the 2020-21 league title. Of course the alternative option would have been worse so in a way it was a good move now that Barça failed to win the league that season.

Anyway I think that they will end up buying Griezmann either way (the season is very long) and if not some kind of solution will be found with them or some other club next summer.

The contract of Griezmann expires in 2024. So we are not going to pay his insane wages anymore most likely.

In 1-2 years time most of those insane Bartomeu player contracts are going to expire.
Yeah, you’ll just be saddled with insane Laporta player contracts with no more levers to pull.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Probably say contract illegal and make veiled threats via Romero et al.

Mes que un club…
Most likely, and then just blame Bartomeu like he was a complete stranger to their club and hadn't been elected exactly the same way as Laporta, and they therefore shouldn't be held accountable for his actions.
Small-time club. Nothing new.
Whereas you guys have shown nothing but class.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
So he will not play half the games at all right?
According to the OP, it is that if he plays for more than 30 minutes in over 50% of games, they have the obligation to buy.

So after a certain point, once Atletico have definitely played more than 50% of games, he would be able to feature more often.

They may even start picking and choosing which games to start him in etc. But this is going to be fun to keep an eye on as the season progresses.

OP should keep a track of games played and minutes played.

Rodgerzzz

The pile-on to knock Barcelona down in any way across the whole forum is glorious :lol:

Sylar

According to the OP, it is that if he plays for more than 30 minutes in over 50% of games, they have the obligation to buy.

So after a certain point, once Atletico have definitely played more than 50% of games, he would be able to feature more often.

They may even start picking and choosing which games to start him in etc. But this is going to be fun to keep an eye on as the season progresses.

Just reading this is amazing :lol:

caid

At the moment he is 30 of 39. That's 76%.
- 30 out of 37 last season.
- 0 of 2 this season.
30 of 40 so far. Apparently. Possibly 0 of 3

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
30 of 40 so far. Apparently. Possibly 0 of 3
If he is not injured and is called up to all matches, playing 15 games out of about 50 would fulfill the clause.
Also in a season so full of games. But anything can happen.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Griezmann is said to be measuring his minutes (by clause with Barcelona)

"They've known me for ten years. I am a club man and I will always be."

Simeone practically confirmed it.

The Saga continues!

Ace_Ventura

63rd min substitution today, I pull this kind of stuff in FM(where you have to pay after certain matches) but in real life this is hilarious :lol: :lol:

The Purley King

Griezmann is said to be measuring his minutes (by clause with Barcelona)

"They've known me for ten years. I am a club man and I will always be."

Simeone practically confirmed it.
Still confident that the playing clause is fulfilled and atletico will have to pay?

led_scholes

I think Barca should renegotiate and lower the obligation to buy fee to practically nil. Just by Atleti taking away his salary is enough.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Still confident that the playing clause is fulfilled and atletico will have to pay?
Atletico Madrid want to negotiate now because they want to use him.
I would not negotiate. If the clause is not met in the summer you can negotiate with any club. Let's see now that the champions league is played that happens.

I think Barca should renegotiate and lower the obligation to buy fee to practically nil. Just by Atleti taking away his salary is enough.
Negotiate for him to play against Barcelona the whole game and score goals?
To give him for free there is time.

mshnsh

If he is not injured and is called up to all matches, playing 15 games out of about 50 would fulfill the clause.
Also in a season so full of games. But anything can happen.
Regardless. Barcelona are run by clowns.

led_scholes

Well it doesn't need to be done now, but in January and not free but 10 millions or something. Barca can negotiate on the summer indeed, but apart from Atletico and PSG who would be interested? Newcastle doesn't seem to follow this path. Maybe us (even though I hope we have left this type of signings in the past) or Chelsea? He is going to be 32 in the summer with one of the biggest contracts in football, it will be difficult to part. Better to guarantee to lose him for sure even with a small amount, and even if that means that from January he will be playing full time.

Dr. StrangeHate

Atletico Madrid want to negotiate now because they want to use him.
I would not negotiate. If the clause is not met in the summer you can negotiate with any club. Let's see now that the champions league is played that happens.

Not many clubs can afford him. Good chance of having to terminate the contract.

The Purley King

Well it doesn't need to be done now, but in January and not free but 10 millions or something. Barca can negotiate on the summer indeed, but apart from Atletico and PSG who would be interested? Newcastle doesn't seem to follow this path. Maybe us (even though I hope we have left this type of signings in the past) or Chelsea? He is going to be 32 in the summer with one of the biggest contracts in football, it will be difficult to part. Better to guarantee to lose him for sure even with a small amount, and even if that means that from January he will be playing full time.
barca will be saddled with him.
Hope he does an fdj and holds them to every last penny

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Atletico allegedly want him but not for 40m, it's in both clubs interest to reduce the fee.

SAFMUTD

Boy that Neymar money got spend the worse way possible. Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann what a mess for Barca.

At least after 4 years it seems Dembele might be a good call, but no where near the amount they paid for him.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Not many clubs can afford him. Good chance of having to terminate the contract.
Yes, there will be few interested teams but some will be interested like Juventus or maybe Psg if Messi or Neymar leaves.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
How does this work then. Has to play over 30mins in a game. If he’s subbed in at that time, along with injury time, that’d be over 30mins

cyberman

How does this work then. Has to play over 30mins in a game. If he’s subbed in at that time, along with injury time, that’d be over 30mins
Those variables couldn’t be accounted for so it must stop at 90. Would make it easier to agree over

Uniquim

Not sure, but according to the Athletic, the clause is:
"Griezmann, 31, is officially still on loan from Barcelona, with that complex arrangement including a compulsory purchase by Atletico for €40million in summer 2023, providing he plays a certain amount of games this season (reportedly 50 per cent for a minimum of 45 minutes)."

but yeah, what cyberman says makes sense too.
Certainly looks like the clause is for 30 minutes, not 45.

Uniquim

He scored a winner 10 and a half minutes into stoppage time.
Game ended at 102 or 103 minutes. So that's 42-43 minutes today if stoppage time counts.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He scored a winner 10 and a half minutes into stoppage time.
Game ended at 102 or 103 minutes. So that's 42-43 minutes today if stoppage time counts.
Just read the few posts before yours.

Bossi

Supports
Ajax
Stoppage time is officially the 90th minute so those should all be bonus minutes.

All that time wasting during the game paying off for maximum injury time and free Griezmann minutes.

Infestissumam

hard not to admire the level of shithousery :lol: you can just picture Laporta going nuts when, like clockwork, Griezmann is subbed on after 61 minutes in every single game. Good.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
hard not to admire the level of shithousery :lol: you can just picture Laporta going nuts when, like clockwork, Griezmann is subbed on after 61 minutes in every single game. Good.
And then he scores the winning goal and kisses the badge :lol:

wr8_utd

:'(
Not sure how any serious footballer in a World Cup year is okay with playing just 30 minutes a game. Barca deserve it but strange from Griezmann to be so okay with this.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not sure how any serious footballer in a World Cup year is okay with playing just 30 minutes a game. Barca deserve it but strange from Griezmann to be so okay with this.
What is he supposed to do?