Atletico Madrid refusing to play Antoine Griezmann more than 30 minutes/Resolved!/smashing it for France.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Mes que un clause.
Mes que un litigio.

Seriously, what internal counsel approved such contract from Barca’s legal perspective? What DOF agreed to have those 40 millions worded so vaguely in a contract? If I made a mistake that way in drafting a contract I would get kicked out. Even if it weren’t my responsibility somebody has to review the payment terms.

fcnrz

The worst big club, maybe along with PSG. The way they treat their own players is disgusting. I hope both the Madrid clubs keep them from winning anything good in the foreseeable future.

What is baffling is the number of players who still want to go there, despite seeing this shit. Crazy.
Well Barcelona is a nice city with nice weather and contrary to what their propaganda media are spreading they are offering huge salaries. The real numbers for Lewy were leaked so he will make 13 mil net like 26 mil brutto when he is 38 so of course he suddenly wanted to leave. Unless he starts to drop in performance then ofcourse Barcelona can threaten him to lower his wages or sue him or something they can come up with something until then.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I mean, La Liga are currently nuts deep in a lawsuit suing PSG, at the behest of Madrid, because Killian Mbappe chose to turn them down, so I’m not sure they’re the goodies just yet.
Nope. Madrid is one of the few clubs that is actually against the lawsuit(well, more like, "don't care as long as it is clear we are against it and have nothing to do with it", really). Might sound counterintutive but the reason for the lawsuit is money, and Madrid is the one club for whom the signing would not make an appreciable difference in that regard. Barcelona would have normally been against it too except for their curcumstances and still having a major hate-boner against them from the Neymar deal

Lee565

This is how we should be using ronaldo, seems to be working out well for atletico and griezmann

They did it again!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Stood ready in the 58th minute. Ball went out a couple of times before 60:00 but they didn't sub him on until after. Got to love Atletico's dedication to this trolling :lol:

Chief123

Stood ready in the 58th minute. Ball went out a couple of times before 60:00 but they didn't sub him on until after. Got to love Atletico's dedication to this trolling :lol:
The greatest moment is going to be when Atletico have a man injured in the 57th minute at the Spotify Sold Our Soul Camp Nou and give him on the field treatment for 3 minutes before bringing on Griezman.

Superunknown

:lol: :lol:

I love it. Barcelona can feck right off.

CallyRed

The greatest moment is going to be when Atletico have a man injured in the 57th minute at the Spotify Sold Our Soul Camp Nou and give him on the field treatment for 3 minutes before bringing on Griezman.
Be brilliant if at around 58 minutes they bring up Greizmann's number to come on but then casually change their mind at the very last minute and on comes Yannick Carrasco instead. Be even more perfect if it was at the Camp Nou

Elpidios

Good, long may it continue. Griezmann being used like a super sub pleases me.

Irrational.

I read somewhere that Atletico had agreed a deal to sign him for a much lower cut-price fee than in the original agreement hence he played the full game in the Madrid derby yesterday.

colombianmancunian

I hope 2 things:

First and foremost, that he never comes here.

Secondly, that’s Atlético got their way and UEFAlona loses again. Can’t stand that tema of cnuts.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I read somewhere that Atletico had agreed a deal to sign him for a much lower cut-price fee than in the original agreement hence he played the full game in the Madrid derby yesterday.
There is no agreement at the moment. We will see as the season progresses as it goes.

T_Model101

The reduced fee I had seen quoted was £22M
Would we pay that for him?
Doubt it
Would he want to come here
Doubt it

ROFLUTION

It’s “an extra time thriller” not “a extra time thriller”
Kind regards an Erikson fan

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Mes que un litigio.

Seriously, what internal counsel approved such contract from Barca’s legal perspective? What DOF agreed to have those 40 millions worded so vaguely in a contract? If I made a mistake that way in drafting a contract I would get kicked out. Even if it weren’t my responsibility somebody has to review the payment terms.
To be fair there's nothing wrong with terms like these. It's pretty normal option to buy if certain milestone is reached

They just dont expect a club to be so shameless and thick skinned to exploit it in such a brazen manner.

I know it's Barcelona, probably deserved. But what Atleti did is cheap and ungentlemanly

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
To be fair there's nothing wrong with terms like these. It's pretty normal option to buy if certain milestone is reached

They just dont expect a club to be so shameless and thick skinned to exploit it in such a brazen manner.

I know it's Barcelona, probably deserved. But what Atleti did is cheap and ungentlemanly
Yes, agreeing to milestones related to performance is common. What’s not so common is vague milestones related to +50% minutes played for the rest of the second season a player is loaned.These type of wording leads to “unethical” practices such as these, and Barcelona are not far away in that sense than Atletico. They used same tactics with Yusuf Demir in order to avoid paying Rapid Vienne like €15 million.

But oh well, nobody likes litigations, surely both clubs will eventually reach a settlement over the matter.

Trequarista10

Would have taken him a couple years ago but realistically we aren't signing a striker until next summer when Ronaldo's wages are off the books, and a biggish-fee and bigger wages for a 32 year old isn't appealing, as we'd likely end up in a similiar situation to the Ronaldo one before long.

Really hope we can either unearth a hugely talented young striker during the remainder of this season, or go all guns blazing on an absolutely top bracket, peak age or approaching peak striker (although not many of those about sadly).

Sylar

Would be nice if united stopped getting 31/32+ strikers for two seasons where their first season is good but then second is complete shambles

Saga finally over?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Barcelona and Atlético de Madrid have reached a transfer agreement, €20M + 4 in variables.

€20M plus what you save on salary in his last year of contract, the press speaks of €15M+ net.