Atletico Madrid refusing to play Antoine Griezmann more than 30 minutes/Resolved!/smashing it for France.

SambaBoy

I did think this right up until this World Cup actually. It's been a revelation watching him in midfield. I don't watch a lot of La Liga but whenever I've seen him as a forward, I've usually been underwhelmed. Not that I thought he was bad, just not deserving of his reputation, and more like a glorified Thomas Müller. Will be interesting to see what happens after this World Cup, because he's been unplayable in that midfield position.
I thought the same, but yeah this tournament he's been incredible.

tjb

I'd also say de Paul's contribution to Argentina's success has largely been overblown. I'd rate his influence much lower than Enzo's and Mac Allister's.

Perhaps it's just me, but de Paul is profile of player I'd never sign. He seems like an energetic workhorse, but far too agressive, seems often on the verge of serious tackle. His first touch is far from impressive, but his passing and vision even worse.

Probably I've been bit biased because I don't like him as a player, and I guess stats may tell a different story, but in a team going for biggest achievements, I'm not sure where he would slot in.
Overblown??? He's been horrendous. One of the worst performers for a top side in this competition.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Overblown??? He's been horrendous. One of the worst performers for a top side in this competition.
I completely agree, yet there's many people seeing him as one of main contributors to Argentinian success.

galwayfa

The rest he got from not playing from la liga games, standing to him athelico madrid could sell him on for twice what they paid for him

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
He was great tonight but baffled at the praise for previous games. I didn’t watch France v Denmark but saw them play Australia, Poland and England and if those displays were ‘’matching or overtaking Messi’ this World Cup then I’ve lost all touch with the world.
That's because you didn't pay enough attention. He's been France's best player by a distance, playing in a position that isn't his.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Considering international retirement as we speak as he feels disappointed by the nomination of Mbappe as captain.
Griezmann's dream was to wear the armband at Euro 2024

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Why are they so sensitive?
Griezmann and Mbappe never really got along that well.
Griezmann has been pretty adamant since Euro 2016 that France is HIS team and that he is the main man and the rise of Mbappe sort of changed that dynamic.
There was already drama around who woud take penaties and free kicks for France before Euro 2021 as Griezmannw as the usual taker but Mbappe started to ask for those too.

Red Star One

Not exactly captain material to throw a strop and abandon your team.
Aye, I wonder if he figured that out or needed someone to tell him. Not like Mbappe is not a diva - you have to give the French they have more very talented players than any other country in last decades, but the constant drama around these teams has to be annoying.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
What a precious little child he is.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Griezmann and Mbappe never really got along that well.
Griezmann has been pretty adamant since Euro 2016 that France is HIS team and that he is the main man and the rise of Mbappe sort of changed that dynamic.
There was already drama around who woud take penaties and free kicks for France before Euro 2021 as Griezmannw as the usual taker but Mbappe started to ask for those too.
Cheers. There's always drama with the French national set up it seems.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think Mbappe is an odd choice for captain. His aura and influence doesn't need captain status.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Considering international retirement as we speak as he feels disappointed by the nomination of Mbappe as captain.
Already proving the decision to be the correct one.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Probably the biggest vindication he could give Deschamps for not making him captain if true.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

For the record, Le Figaro isn't known to be reliable when it comes to football news.

RMC (specialized in sports) said that he is disapointed but won't change his behaviour :

BerryBerryShrew

For the record, Le Figaro isn't known to be reliable when it comes to football news.

RMC (specialized in sports) said that he is disapointed but won't change his behaviour :

At the risk of giving the impression of an old man yelling at clouds, I really don't think that a guy with hair like that should ever be given captaincy.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

"are there any questions that are not about my hair?"

wr8_utd

:'(
He's the best player in the world right now. Hilarious to even think that Atleti were refusing to play him for more than 30 mins.