Attention Liverpool fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
some of the cnuts on here that call themselves United supporters.
What a ridiculous post :D You can still love Manchester United and, at the same time, feel bad that the board will lose some great posters. Some of the really good, consistent supporters on the board are Spurs, City and Liverpool fans and the general football chat won’t be as good without them.

I think a ban from the United parts of the forum is good enough, but they should be allowed in general topics and also allowed to post about Euros and transfer window and the like.

I would miss the caf a lot and some of those lads have thousands of posts and they have made significant contributions to the forum.

Just ban newbies I say. Let the established posters stay under threat of a ban for going off topic. They deserve a chance at least.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
What a ridiculous post :D You can still love Manchester United and, at the same time, feel bad that the board will lose some great posters. Some of the really good, consistent supporters on the board are Spurs, City and Liverpool fans and the general football chat won’t be as good without them.

I think a ban from the United parts of the forum is good enough, but they should be allowed in general topics and also allowed to post about Euros and transfer window and the like.

I would miss the caf a lot and some of those lads have thousands of posts and they have made significant contributions to the forum.

Just ban newbies I say. Let the established posters stay under threat of a ban for going off topic. They deserve a chance at least.
you know feck all about our history then.

Maluco

you know feck all about our history then.
Feck off about history :lol: Jog on mate. If you can’t enjoy football chat in a mature way with fans from any background then I would suggest the problem isn’t that “you don’t know about history”

I love United, AND I love the forum and reading the opinions of all fans. Liverpool will win the league and it hurts, but it’s only temporary. The older posters have sat through years and years of United success. I am confident that United are the bigger and better club and will return to where we belong.

Matt Busby made over 100 appearances for Liverpool and we certainly put up with him! And thank goodness we did!

Varun

Staff
Not true. I wasn't banned, or threatened to be banned in RAWK even when we won the title in 2013.

Banning Liverpool supporters just cause they are Liverpool supporters is ridiculous, and even worse for the ones who have been posting for years. Just don't allow them to post in United forum (as has been done now), and not allow new ones to join. But those who have been here before (especially those who have been posting here even when we were winning titles) to be banned now is really ridiculous, it is Bluemoon level of pettiness.
You know you can always choose to not post in a site run by such petty folks.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Feck off about history :lol: Jog on mate. If you can’t enjoy football chat in a mature way with fans from any background then I would suggest the problem isn’t that “you don’t know about history”

I love United, AND I love the forum and reading the opinions of all fans. Liverpool will win the league and it hurts, but it’s only temporary. The older posters have sat through years and years of United success. I am confident that United are the bigger and better club and will return to where we belong.

Matt Busby made over 100 appearances for Liverpool and we certainly put up with him! And thank goodness we did!
Thank you for admitting you are a plastic.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Yes, StevieG might turn up and do a Terry.
They should roll out the red carpet of shame. Stevie Starfish lifting the trophy whilst King Kenny lurks ominously in the background wearing that stupid Suarez t shirt. Hell even get Luis to attend too and have him bite the cup to check it is indeed made from solid gold and not of Ivanovic. Also get the "I don't believe it" super-sized head meme guy to present the trophy, just for the shits & giggles, la.

Maluco

Thank you for admitting you are a plastic.
I wasn’t saying history doesn’t matter. I was saying it shouldn’t matter when deciding whether a few Liverpool fans who post on a forum can continue to enjoy it. I love the club and it’s history. I can still see the benefits of having other fans on the forum.

Making stupid jibes about “not knowing history” and being “plastic”, shows what an amazing poster you are, and why it might not necessarily be the best move banning good ones.

Anyway, said my piece on the Pool fans, I was just giving my opinion, complementing the forum really. I won’t be replying to your childish posts again. I hope the other 50,000 have been better than these ones.

The ban is happening when they win the league.
Niall
I've actually been here since the forum first started and joined a little while after... I only post occasionaly but it will be a shame to be banned from posting.

In saying that, I guess all forums have their rules!

What I would add is that the excellent football forum might turn into an echo chamber if there is not a variety of differing views.

Wayne's World

Good job to Niall and the rest for enforcing rules. Plenty of good posters like @Dumbstar and @RobinLFC who actually provide a good conversation but the rest can pretty much get banned since I will have to close all social media outlets (Except on here) for the foreseeable future when they do win it.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Niall
I've actually been here since the forum first started and joined a little while after... I only post occasionaly but it will be a shame to be banned from posting.

In saying that, I guess all forums have their rules!

What I would add is that the excellent football forum might turn into an echo chamber if there is not a variety of differing views.
You fool, you might have slipped under the radar if you hadn't posted this with your posting rate.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I reckon in recognition of Liverpool's impending title win, we ought to resurrect the accounts of

@saoirse and @BarneyLFC

Just for a day.
I don't remember the other guy but Barney ? Seriously ? He was the worst poster this forum has ever seen and I'm not quite sure how he lasted so long, and that's including you @GlastonSpur .

He was unbearable when they was winning feck all, I don't fancy finding out what he is like now...

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
I don't remember the other guy but Barney ? Seriously ? He was the worst poster this forum has ever seen and I'm not quite sure how he lasted so long, and that's including you @GlastonSpur .

He was unbearable when they was winning feck all, I don't fancy finding out what he is like now...
I think Saoirse was a 'she' - either way, she's also banned and IIRC was almost but not quite as controversial as Barney.

https://www.redcafe.net/search/70861/

I actually thought Barney had some good moments, but now and again would lose it and piss off the mods. Also he was the first person to follow me on here, it was a bit random but I thought he was alright compared to some.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Some people need to reread my original post. Some Liverpool members will remain, but the majority will be banned. The mods will decide who stays.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Some people need to reread my original post. Some Liverpool members will remain, but the majority will be banned. The mods will decide who stays.
Out of curiosity, how do you discern Liverpool supporters from non-Liverpool supporters? I can say for myself that this announcement of a blanket ban with a few exceptions has me worried that people may be getting caught up in this, not sure if others feel the same way. This forum feels a lot more hostile than it did a couple of days ago but then again I think that was the whole point of this :)

Møllemanden

Out of curiosity, how do you discern Liverpool supporters from non-Liverpool supporters? I can say for myself that this announcement of a blanket ban with a few exceptions has me worried that people may be getting caught up in this, not sure if others feel the same way. This forum feels a lot more hostile than it did a couple of days ago but then again I think that was the whole point of this :)
I agree. Segregation will do wonders for the footballing discussion on this board.

Man up.

I'll let myself out.

rio's upper lip

Great decision.

Regarding ignored threads: Any way to have them disappear entirely from the front page? The Liverpool thread keeps popping up on the forum list (if it’s the thread with the most recent post) even though I’ve ignored it.

I want that thread out of my life completely.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Your 'supports' section says Borussia Dortmund, I think you'll be fine.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Your 'supports' section says Borussia Dortmund, I think you'll be fine.
I'm not really worried per se but definitely intimidated to freely speak my mind about how I feel about this ban. I'm all for rivalries and banter and I agree that pettiness and somewhat excessive action can and should be part of the fun but almost indiscriminately banning a group of people seems a little over the top for me. Then again, I am rather new here and more of a visitor so I will meekly bow to the mod overlords :)

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I'm not really worried per se but definitely intimidated to freely speak my mind about how I feel about this ban. I'm all for rivalries and banter and I agree that pettiness and somewhat excessive action can and should be part of the fun but almost indiscriminately banning a group of people seems a little over the top for me. Then again, I am rather new here and more of a visitor so I will meekly bow to the mod overlords :)
You'll be fine. This forum has by some distance the most diverse collection of fans I've seen on any football forum and 90+% of the time, the conversation is civil and informative.

The rivalry between Liverpool and Man Utd is very different from that of Man Utd vs Spurs or Dortmund or indeed pretty much any other club (maybe Leeds). There has been a very clear influx of Liverpool fans in the last couple of years as Liverpool have become successful again and some (many) of them are clearly here to wind up. They certainly weren't here when they were shite. Some of the Spurs forums I was on before would ban even Spurs fans from going too far out of line, let alone if Arsenal or Chelsea fans had started signing up en masse to lord their success.

Some people are going on as if the Liverpool fans are being sent to gulags ffs (not directed at you). Its a private site, not some kind of public service which people have a right to access. Nor do I feel that this is representative of any kind of coming cull. Man Utd's rivals have won all manner of trophies in the last 10+ years and there has been no mass cull of the Madrid, Juve, Barca, Chelsea, Arsenal, City fans, nor culls of fans when teams have beaten Man Utd.

stepic

i skipped from page 1 to 10 so am confused, they're only banned from the United-related forums right? they can still post in the general football forums i assume (that's what it reads on page 1, but not on page 10).

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Fee fi fo fum, I smell a scouser on a united forum.

I have just one question for you. Have you ever sung "You'll never walk alone" at a match?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
You'll be fine. This forum has by some distance the most diverse collection of fans I've seen on any football forum and 90+% of the time, the conversation is civil and informative.

The rivalry between Liverpool and Man Utd is very different from that of Man Utd vs Spurs or Dortmund or indeed pretty much any other club (maybe Leeds). There has been a very clear influx of Liverpool fans in the last couple of years as Liverpool have become successful again and some (many) of them are clearly here to wind up. They certainly weren't here when they were shite. Some of the Spurs forums I was on before would ban even Spurs fans from going too far out of line, let alone if Arsenal or Chelsea fans had started signing up en masse to lord their success.

Some people are going on as if the Liverpool fans are being sent to gulags ffs (not directed at you). Its a private site, not some kind of public service which people have a right to access. Nor do I feel that this is representative of any kind of coming cull. Man Utd's rivals have won all manner of trophies in the last 10+ years and there has been no mass cull of the Madrid, Juve, Barca, Chelsea, Arsenal, City fans, nor culls of fans when teams have beaten Man Utd.
How do you judge the time that Liverpool became successful again though? When I joined Klopp had just come in and we looked a million miles away from the side we are now. I didn't join because I thought Liverpool were about to become really good. I joined for the same reason you did, the diverse collection of fans able to discuss football and other topics in a well moderated space (which is rare on the internet).

If I'm going to be banned then there's nothing I can do about it, but I don't think I've ever been here to WUM and I take exception to anyone who accuses me of doing so.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
How do you judge the time that Liverpool became successful again though? When I joined Klopp had just come in and we looked a million miles away from the side we are now. I didn't join because I thought Liverpool were about to become really good. I joined for the same reason you did, the diverse collection of fans able to discuss football and other topics in a well moderated space (which is rare on the internet).

If I'm going to be banned then there's nothing I can do about it, but I don't think I've ever been here to WUM and I take exception to anyone who accuses me of doing so.
In the last couple of years, like I said. There has been a very clear spike in fans since 2017/2018 imo, especially 2018 onwards. I doubt there was a sudden discovery of this forum by the fans in the last couple of years.

I don't read or post quite so much anymore and when I do, its more in the CE now so I can't say I follow all of your posts by any means but you certainly are not one of the ones who comes across as here to WUM.

The Red Thinker

Thank you Admin for making this a safe space for our ultimate descent into absolute depression come end of season. I will be on here, wholly letting out my frustration of finishing 7th while Liverpool explodes in incandescent joy.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Don't get too comfortable, with the Dortmund fans' hard-on for Klopp you lot will be next.
I'd imagine this whole thing is still a wind up though

Carolina Red

Staff
i skipped from page 1 to 10 so am confused, they're only banned from the United-related forums right? they can still post in the general football forums i assume (that's what it reads on page 1, but not on page 10).
The OP says...

Just to clear up any confusion, most of you have received a notice that your posting privileges in the Man Utd, Match Day and Player Performance forums have been revoked.
Oh and come the day you win "number 19" the ban hammer will be dropping on most of you.

cyberman

Seasoned Liverpool fans are claiming theyre the best side of all time.
Ban them all. We cant have that level of bullshit go unpunished

Status
Not open for further replies.