Aubameyang horrific tackle

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Horror tackle that, he's left it on him and some more as well.

Personally think tackles that bad should get additional punishment.
No, pure hyperbole.

LARulz

Would people be treating Aubamayang as badly as they treat the likes of Shawcross or any other player who mistimed/misjudged a tackle? I'm not saying Shawcross and co didn't have a history of being 'tough' tacklers but that was their job to be hard on opponents - but only an idiot would suggest he went in to break Ramsey's legs. If they do, then they should be saying the same for this.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's just the mental gymnastics people use to defend their point of view; the same thing happens with people defending José/Ole or castigating Rashford
Yep it's true.

The ones that used to annoy me were when people insisted a handball had to be on purpose for it to be a pen, or when someone screams "he got the ball" despite shattering someone in doing so.
Nonsense from a bygone era.

criticalanalysis

You know the funny thing is that, if the roles were reversed and it was Meyler on Auba, you'd know every pundit, fan and even Hodgson would be unanimously agreeing it was a cert red and horrible tackle.

The tackle was bad because Auba's foot was fully extended so his whole weight was behind it. If he followed through with his body going across Meyler then it wouldn't have been a full plant and more of a 'rubgy' tackle, which would have been a much safer 'clumsy' challenge that we see all the time and a solid yellow. Instead it was a tired/lazy dangerous tackle.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Maybe ended his career. Arsenal should pray that Meyer's kid won't be a good striker.

MS4

Looks horrible and scaring
What was the decision of the ref? Pen for liverpool?

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
It's a red all day long, awfully timed tackle, not even sure why he feels the need to go in there either, he let us down today with a awful bit of decision making...can't believe robertson wasnt given a red in the last kick off though, another shocker

Atze-Peng

Dortmund Fan
Definitely a clear red. Bad timed tackle for sure. Glad that it seems like Meyer doesn't have a horrible injury (though he probably will be out a few weeks, but not Ramsey sort of horrible).

That being said - it seems to be just a shitty situation more than a legit aim to hurt. Meyer players the ball a split second before the impact and Aubameyang is in full motion and in a body-position where he can't pull his leg in due to bodybalance. Let alone reaction time is a thing. I would consider it a mix of unfortunate and clumsy more than anything.

So the only thing despicable about it is the complaining and I wish UEFA and FIFA would finally do something about this non-stop complaining at literally everything.

Kag

It’s a red. It was a badly-timed tackle. The ban is enough. Judging his personality on the basis of a bad tackle is weird. Professional football is fast. These things happen. Not a lot more to it than that, really.

HybridMoments

Wouldn't be surprised if the F.A. add another game on top of the ban for a frivolous appeal.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
It’s a red. It was a badly-timed tackle. The ban is enough. Judging his personality on the basis of a bad tackle is weird. Professional football is fast. These things happen. Not a lot more to it than that, really.
He wasn't even really looking. It looked bad and it was a bad impact but there was no intent to do him in my opinion

hobbers

It's a red card but it's not much of a horror tackle. A fraction of a second either way and it's either a fair challenge or a standard touchline foul you see dozens of times every week.

Not like it's a shin-height piledrive into someone's standing leg.

Le Red

Would people be treating Aubamayang as badly as they treat the likes of Shawcross or any other player who mistimed/misjudged a tackle? I'm not saying Shawcross and co didn't have a history of being 'tough' tacklers but that was their job to be hard on opponents - but only an idiot would suggest he went in to break Ramsey's legs. If they do, then they should be saying the same for this.
In a forum where some of the fans couldn't care shit about our own Dan James being torn apart every game, I wouldn't bank on people being too touched about other players being wrecked.

RoyH1

Only just found out that they're appealing this. The sheer nerve :lol:

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Initially thought the ban was ok but that cynic appeal deserves one or two extra games on top of the initial ban.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Appealing is stupid, it was a fully deserved red card. Get on with it. Lacazette needs to regain some form and now would be the time to do it.

Fridge chutney

Brace yourself for the LiVARpool jokes.
It's not a joke when it's true. If I were an arsenal supporter I would be really disappointed at the inconsistency with which bar was applied in this particular case.

prateik

Don't they extend the ban for 1 match if the appeal was rejected?
Not for all rejected appeals.

There used to be an additional game if the appeal was deemed frivolous .. Doesnt happen too often.. but if that rule is still in place, this will be a perfect example to implement it.

Completely pointless appeal.