Aubameyang - "There are some enquiries about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang [from United]" [David_Ornstein]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar

Icardi, Arnautovic and now Aubameyang. Seems like our next target is a “bad boy” :nervous:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Aubaeyang is 33 years old. He scored 20 goals in 38 matches last season including a goal against Spurs. He then moved to a different league were he scored a hat-trick against Valencia, 2 goals against Real and another 2 goals against Celta Vigo. Depay scored 27 goals in 50 games between club and country. That include 2 against Belgium and a goal against Villareal (the same team which defeated us in the Europa league final).

The former is wanted by Chelsea and the latter was an inch away from joining Juventus. Yet somehow these players are not good enough for us a team in the Europa league who has Maguire as captain.

prateik

Nope.. Chelsea can take him.. or even better.. Chelsea can take Ronaldo.

Boondog

I hope this is a rumor. Because if it is true it means there are still morons in the front office who don't understand what we need.

Auba is not the right player for this club. He will not work and run the way this manager wants. Signing him would be desperation and very stupid and we will regret it.

Idxomer

"Some enquiries but no real development."

Barely an update from Ornstein.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I just hope we don’t sign him so the Aubama*******Yang meme isn’t passed over to United.

Drizzle

I hope this is a rumor. Because if it is true it means there are still morons in the front office who don't understand what we need.

Auba is not the right player for this club. He will not work and run the way this manager wants. Signing him would be desperation and very stupid and we will regret it.
I think you're putting this way too strongly. He did great for Barca last season and was one of the main reasons they improved so dramatically. He won't be a workhorse, but he would definitely score goals for us. Right now, we just don't have enough goals in the team.

I wouldn't exactly be thrilled by signing a 33 yo striker, a pattern we're repeating way too often, but at this stage of the transfer window we don't have many attainable and affordable options. It would only be a bad signing if it was more than a 2 year deal.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not a fecking chance would I want him near a Utd shirt.

He, his advisors and his entourages can FRO anywhere near Old Trafford in my opinion.

Last edited:

cyberman

Lever no 6

If you can’t translate, he was burgled at home and given a beating as well.

VinchNow

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Liverpool
Lever no 6

Laporta stopping at nothing to fix Barcelona's finances.

On a serious note, I hope himself and his family are alright.

Loon

:lol:
Nightclubs in Manchester stocking up like the Raiders warehouse at this rumour.

Fooza

That makes me worry more.
Nothing we can do though, can't see anyone buying him. And we ain't buying a striker with him in the team.

And no to all the replies about me wanting him to stay, but I said I feel he's most likely staying.

m1tch

Cash plus Ronaldo for Kane? Have we had that rumour yet?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
An actual threat, and someone with actual speed, both unlike Memphis.

giggslover

If you recall at the end of his Arsenal he was missing open sitters...

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Lever no 6

Why don't gooners just protest and just burn the front gates like our fans do? Robbing and assaulting is a step too far in my opinion.

sglowrider

An actual threat, and someone with actual speed, both unlike Memphis.
This is from my gooner mate when he 'heard' we were after Auba:

You are going after Auba. Is ETH ready for him being late to training, late to matches, etc?

He plays when he wants, he plays when he waaaants, Aubamayang plays when he wants.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
This is from my gooner mate when he 'heard' we were after Auba:

You are going after Auba. Is ETH ready for him being late to training, late to matches, etc?

He plays when he wants, he plays when he waaaants, Aubamayang plays when he wants.
But we've all seen Memphis - he is hopeless! He struggled against the weaker PL defences, let alone decent ones. I know he had good numbers are Lyon, but in the big matches he was again nothing. He now has a big ego too.
I'll admit I don't know enough about Auba, but anything but Memphis.

sglowrider

But we've all seen Memphis - he is hopeless! He struggled against the weaker PL defences, let alone decent ones. I know he had good numbers are Lyon, but in the big matches he was again nothing. He now has a big ego too.
I'll admit I don't know enough about Auba, but anything but Memphis.
For the most part, I think gooners were happy Auba left -- was just too disruptive for the squad. A familiar ring to that.

Waynne

2 steps forward. 2 steps back.
Get rid of a virus like Pogba only to take on another one.

Feck me.

Chairman Steve

Agreed a deal with Chelsea

This should leave us largely unopposed from our league rivals next summer if some new strikers/forwards come on the block.

Status
Not open for further replies.