Aubameyang - yay or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Keep reading multiple sources (including BBC) that Arsenal are willing to listen to offers for Auba so that they can increase there £40m "war chest" :lol:

Apparently United, Liverpool and a couple of Chinese teams are interested.

What are people's thoughts if this happens?

Personally, I'm not so sure. Seems to score in patches and disappears in the big games from what I've seen but his goal stats are good and he's probably better than anyone in our strike force...

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Surprisingly he showed some signs of a change later in his career, working more for the team and improving his all-round game... but he is still very much reliant on his pace, and he's 30. I'd take him as a bench option but not for the money they'll ask for him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I reckon I can probably guess the caf's general opinion on us signing a 30 year old striker who is dependent on pace for big money.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
No part of what Ole is trying to buy fits a player like Aubameyang. He's already offloading Lukaku to open up the central striker role to Rashford.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
If he'll sign a contract that isn't anywhere near Alexis Sanchez, a big yay. He makes us better immediately.

-Supreme-

Can you provide a link to the BBC source?

I'm hoping you are not referring to the gossip section....

willhse456

Big yay from me. We have too many inexperienced forwards (excluding Sanchez/Mata). I think everyone underestimates the impact a 25 goal a season striker has on a team. He was joint top scorer and was occasionally shunted to the wing to accommodate Lacazette...

However, I think it's maybe one year too early for him as this is the type of signing you make when you need the finishing piece to challenge for CL/PL and we're not there yet.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Haven't we learned our lesson with Schweinsteiger and Sanchez. Let's not buy has beens that other clubs are trying to get rid of. Are we becoming the "China" of the PL
Aubameyang was top scorer in the Premier League last season. He's nowhere near a has been.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Short term fix.!
If we were getting him on loan from Dortmund I'd be well in agreement....but a permanent deal from Arsenal...Nay.

caid

I rate him. Or did. We missed the boat with him really. Think the cost would put me off.

-Supreme-

Ornstein said it would be the most realistic method of them raising cash for Zaha, but doesn't say whether Arsenal are willing to sell him or not.
Where does it say we're interested? :confused:

edit to say: I think I misunderstood OP point, I thought BBC said we're interested but its actually arsenal willing to offload him.

Phew...

settembrini

It would be dumb to pay a big fee and large wages to a player reliant on pace who is already 30.

In previous windows I could see us making this mistake but Solskjaer seems to be against these sorts of signings. Besides he loves Rashford and won't be buying anyone who would expect to start ahead of him.

DoomSlayer

I'd take him for around £25 million, considering his age and probable wage demands. Or a straight swap with Sanchez. :D

AshRK

Big NO. Overrated striker. Suits arsenal's mentality perfectly.

iHicksy

Yes, I've watched a lot of Arsenal and he's superb for them.

Cloud7

If he signs on a short term deal, like 2-3 years, I wouldn’t be averse to it. As soon as his pace goes he’ll become 1/3 the player he is now, but as a short term thing he could be great.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If he made a difference in terms of winning a few bits and pieces in the next 2/3 years, especially progressing deep in the CL competitions and potentially winning the EL this season with some top 4 finishes, then yes he would be worth a punt at the right price.

All depends on who is available for the money we get for Lukaku if he does go.

Carolina Red

Staff
It was kind of weird how arsenal seemed to get a free run at both. Would have loved for us to go for them a few years back
Agreed.

I’d still love for us to take Lacazette off of Arsenal’s hands. He’s only 28.

Aubameyang they can keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.