Aubameyang - yay or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Missed a chance like that

Few days later..

Net result= still clinical. Yet opposition fans will remember about the missed chance than the ones he puts away.
I don't think you understand the meaning of the word clinical

MalBot

Supports
Arsenal
Do you know his conversion rate?

We had a very clinical side last season, which is something that we surely won't replicate.
He is just a wind up merchant, constantly looking for arguments.

He probably fully knows Aubameyang was the most clinical of any striker in the top 6 last season. Clinical when referring to strikers means having a very high goals to shots ratio.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Do you know his conversion rate?

We had a very clinical side last season, which is something that we surely won't replicate.
With Auba the amount of easy chances he missed he could have had 30 PL goals last season.

charlenefan

He probably fully knows Aubameyang was the most clinical of any striker in the top 6 last season. Clinical when referring to strikers means having a very high goals to shots ratio.
As said you don't know the meaning of the word :lol:

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

I've only started posting again this last week and I feel dumber already for having read some of the rubbish he's been dishing up.

charlenefan

I've only started posting again this last week and I feel dumber already for having read some of the rubbish he's been dishing up.
Use the ignore button then. Or better yet feck off to an Arsenal forum

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
With Auba the amount of easy chances he missed he could have had 30 PL goals last season.
True, but that can be countered by saying what if he missed some of the difficult and outrageous goals he scored. It goes both ways. But yes, he has had some absolute shockers.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Use the ignore button then. Or better yet feck off to an Arsenal forum
Why would I? They're infuriating. I'm also enjoying your nonsense. It's amusing.

Besides there are many great posters on here and I look forward to reading their insights.

MalBot

Supports
Arsenal
I thought he was just bitter with Arsenal fans, but saw him pull the same shenanigans with his fellow United supporters too.

charlenefan

Well tell me what it means then, let's see if you can live up to your tag line. Maybe my turn to laugh at you.
Being a clinical striker means not missing sitters, it means being ice cool when an opportunity presents itself, it means being able to find the right part of the goal with pin point accuracy. What it does not mean is being able to smash one in from 30 yards and score a wonder goal like you suggested in your example.

Now I'm not saying Aubameyang isn't an extremely effective CF, his XG is proof he is but then my argument was never about Aubameyang it's your miss use of the English language

MalBot

Supports
Arsenal
Being a clinical striker means not missing sitters, it means being ice cool when an opportunity presents itself, it means being able to find the right part of the goal with pin point accuracy. What it does not mean is being able to smash one in from 30 yards and score a wonder goal like you suggested in your example.

Now I'm not saying Aubameyang isn't an extremely effective CF, his XG is proof he is but then my argument was never about Aubameyang it's your miss use of the English language
Nice try. You know fully well 'clinical finsher' means slightly different than interpreting the word 'clinical' on it's own. If we use your interpretation, it means there are zero strikers who are clinical. They all miss sitters. When I say he is clinical I mean he has great conversion rates and XG. In this context he is the definition of clinical in football terms.

Next time I say he is a beast of a striker, are you going to ask me if I know what 'beast' means? Because I might be misusing the English language again?

charlenefan

:lol:

I wonder if clinical strikers have great conversion rates? @MalBot

Laughing at my post without having the balls to quote it, tagging your Arsenal mate to join you in your laughing. Primary school stuff. Like I said do me a favour and put me on ignore

charlenefan

Nice try. You know fully well 'clinical finsher' means slightly different than interpreting the word 'clinical' on it's own. If we use your interpretation, it means there are zero strikers who are clinical. They all miss sitters. When I say he is clinical I mean he has great conversion rates and XG. In this context he is the definition of clinical in football terms.
If that's what you meant why specifically quote a video of him missing a sitter with one when he's smashing one in from 30 yards calling it him being clinical? To borrow your opening line 'nice try'

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

Laughing at my post without having the balls to quote it, tagging your Arsenal mate to join you in your laughing. Primary school stuff. Like I said do me a favour and put me on ignore
Ignore? Why would I do that when you've become the source of such amusement for me.

Please keep going, you're making my day.

MalBot

Supports
Arsenal
If that's what you meant why specifically quote a video of him missing a sitter with one when he's smashing one in from 30 yards calling it him being clinical? To borrow your opening line 'nice try'
I said the net result equals being clinical. It perfectly highlighted the goals he scores to make up for the easier ones he misses.

MalBot

Supports
Arsenal
Btw I would like to apologise to all the United members in here. We keep bumping this thread, everyone is probably thinking some major development just happened.

Sorry. (Blame @charlenefan)

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
I kinda get what you mean. But then tell me who is currently a clinical striker in the EPL then?

Also Aubameyang literally scores most, if not all of his goals inside the box. He puts the ball past the keeper with ease, literally running in for the tap ins and what not.

He’s a great striker, and highly underrated. Not the best in the EPL but a good fit for Arsenal and possibly United. You could do with his pace.

charlenefan

I kinda get what you mean. But then tell me who is currently a clinical striker in the EPL then?

Also Aubameyang literally scores most, if not all of his goals inside the box. He puts the ball past the keeper with ease, literally running in for the tap ins and what not.

He’s a great striker, and highly underrated. Not the best in the EPL but a good fit for Arsenal and possibly United. You could do with his pace.
I personally feel both Kane and Aguero miss less sitters than Aubameyang (though Aguero did have one I remember last season ironically was it against Arsenal?).

But like I said this has never been about Aubameyang's qualities, if any Arsenal fan cares to look I even said earlier in this thread it would be mental for you to sell him

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Just last season in the PL Aubameyang had at least 3 contenders for the worst miss of the season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's scored 30+ goals for 4 seasons in a row. How many other strikers are able to boast that record? In two different leagues too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a top class striker, no 2 ways about it.

Yes he has a brain fart in him but when you score that many goals in the french/german/english leagues, you're a good player.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Aubameyang is not moving, this thread should be moved to the football forum.

AshRK

I might be in minority but find him massive overrated. He is perfect for clubs who want to finish 4th - 6th. I would rather have a Jamie Vardy who has proven to score goals consistently against top clubs than this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.