Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

gajender

If he don't get chance to play now he would get in near future, its Real Madrid you see, the pull is strong.That MF need some young legs.
They already have Camavinga and Valverde who are in similar mould they need to find replacements for Modric and Kroos .

Mani

They already have Camavinga and Valverde who are in similar mould they need to find replacements for Modric and Kroos .
They only got Camavinga and Valverde, Valverde at times played at wing this season., right now its like 6 players for 3 positions with Tchouameni addition and MF sorted for next few years. I doubt you would find player like Modric amazing player its hard to find.

dinostar77

Good point, but who do you bring in to replace Modric. Its like Barcelona trying to replace xavi or us trying to replace scholes. Impossible.

I would like to know who people think the best replacements for modric and kroos could be as im at a loss with names.

NoLogo

Kamara gone to Villa, Tchouameni probably off to join Camavinga at Real. We have all our eggs in the Rice basket again, haven't we? Another summer without any midfield upgrade, loving it already. :mad:

Edit: forgot about de Jong, but he by the looks of it has little interest to come to United. So great one target that doesn't want to come and one who would come but is way overpriced.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Article states that Monaco have valued him at around €100m (which makes sense). No way he's coming to Liverpool over Madrid in that case.

gajender

Good point, but who do you bring in to replace Modric. Its like Barcelona trying to replace xavi or us trying to replace scholes. Impossible.

I would like to know who people think the best replacements for modric and kroos could be as im at a loss with names.
Agree with the point that it's hard to replace legends Like Modric and Kroos but they need to somehow compensate for the creativity they would lose , someone like Pogba if He can regain full fitness and sharpness could work .

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Article states that Monaco have valued him at around €100m (which makes sense). No way he's coming to Liverpool over Madrid in that case.
You’re kidding, scousers will get him for 35m and the rest in free Klopp hugs or something

gajender

Paying €100m for him is stupid I don't think any Club would go near that figure not even Madrid despite Mbappe's snub .

Bojan Djordjic

Kamara gone to Villa, Tchouameni probably off to join Camavinga at Real. We have all our eggs in the Rice basket again, haven't we? Another summer without any midfield upgrade, loving it already. :mad:

Edit: forgot about de Jong, but he by the looks of it has little interest to come to United. So great one target that doesn't want to come and one who would come but is way overpriced.
Sangaré is still available but Liverpool are sniffing about. Wouldn’t be exorbitantly expensive either.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
You’re kidding, scousers will get him for 35m and the rest in free Klopp hugs or something
You jest but apart from Thiago, which were other circumstances, we don't really buy players on the real cheap end (anymore) - especially not very young, promising midfielders who are also wanted by other elite clubs.

Paying €100m for him is stupid I don't think any Club would go near that figure not even Madrid despite Mbappe's snub .
I'd say €60-70m is fair but they can ask whatever they like if there are several suitors of course. His contract runs until 2024 as well so not really desperate to sell this summer either unless he really wants to leave them.

I'd rather have him than Declan Rice for example who will undoubtedly be more expensive if he gets to leave West Ham.

rbnZz

Would be impossible, indeed but I'd go for Carlos Soler. He has the right age (25 years old), experienced midfielder with an amazing pass. Scored often this season (11 goals in 32 matches at LaLiga). I don't understand why Barca didn't buy him yet. He is much better than Frenkie how Xavi would like to play.

gajender

You jest but apart from Thiago, which were other circumstances, we don't really buy players on the real cheap end (anymore) - especially not very young, promising midfielders who are also wanted by other elite clubs.

I'd say €60-70m is fair but they can ask whatever they like if there are several suitors of course. His contract runs until 2024 as well so not really desperate to sell this summer either unless he really wants to leave them.

I'd rather have him than Declan Rice for example who will undoubtedly be more expensive if he gets to leave West Ham.
If his contract runs until 2024 and he has shown no intention to renew then ofcourse they would be desperate to sell him won't they , I just don't get the hype with him to be Frank he is good but some are really going overboard with him I don't believe he is must have kind of signing .

Though I rate Rice higher than him I would not want United to break the bank for him either .

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Don't understand PSG, if they cared even half as much about their midfield as they cared about keeping Mbappe, they would have a world class midfield by now, instead of one relying solely on Verratti.

Why don't they just toss some extra money at Tchouameni that us and Liverpool can match? I don't get it.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Don't understand PSG, if they cared even half as much about their midfield as they cared about keeping Mbappe, they would have a world class midfield by now, instead of one relying solely on Verratti.

Why don't they just toss some extra money at Tchouameni that us and Liverpool can match? I don't get it.
Leonardo was a fool but Campos is in charge now so I wouldn't necessarily bank on this continuing.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Would be impossible, indeed but I'd go for Carlos Soler. He has the right age (25 years old), experienced midfielder with an amazing pass. Scored often this season (11 goals in 32 matches at LaLiga). I don't understand why Barca didn't buy him yet. He is much better than Frenkie how Xavi would like to play..impossibl
Because Barcelona need salary space to be able to register him. The intention is that, sell De Jong for 80+ and buy Soler 20-25.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

Leonardo was a fool but Campos is in charge now so I wouldn't necessarily bank on this continuing.
This, and not only Leonardo. We've made ridiculous choices regarding midfielders for almost a decade. We spent 80M for Paredes and Gueye, I mean come on. Gettin Messi instead of Camavinga for exemple was absurd.

Rolaholic

They probably feel they can get other options for cheaper than Monaco will be asking.

They might have the like of De Jong and Pogba to choose from so they can still address their midfield this summer without paying over the odds in a bidding war

RoyH1

They probably feel they can get other options for cheaper than Monaco will be asking.

They might have the like of De Jong and Pogba to choose from so they can still address their midfield this summer without paying over the odds in a bidding war
I can see Pogba going there for one last big contract and coming home but I have a harder time seeing de Jong signing up for that golden cage at his age. But then again money talks and Qatar has more than most.

Primex

The player we need the most going to either Liverpool or madrid,who both have tons of good Dms,the irony

OleGunnar20

It’s a huge step down in terms of movement and ball retention and recycling, not because the players are bad, but because Modric and Kronos are elite in that area.
Kronos - Greek titan and god of time? No wonder his ball retention is so elite.

Cloud7

It’s a huge step down in terms of movement and ball retention and recycling, not because the players are bad, but because Modric and Kronos are elite in that area.
That is true, but to be fair there is hardly another Kroos or Modric kicking around in world football, so most players would be a downgrade in some form or fashion, at least initially. You are talking about two of the best midfielders of the past few decades here.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
That is true, but to be fair there is hardly another Kroos or Modric kicking around in world football, so most players would be a downgrade in some form or fashion, at least initially. You are talking about two of the best midfielders of the past few decades here.
Absolutely, which is why they are so hard to replace. The midfield above would have Madrid in more back and forth duels than they've known in the Modric era and lead to uncertainty in determining control of a game, especially so against hight retentive midfields who you need to fatigue with the ball so they can't do the same to you.

Madrid need their Pedri in a midfield consisting of the two French youngsters, and even that mightn't be enough, as Modric's partner in crime - Kroos - has been a seamless foil and partner who enables Modric to be free and proactive with no fear his partner will let him down in terms of ball retention, combination football and understanding of where to be in equidistance to always keep the opposition honest.

Bojan Djordjic

Tchouameni-Valverde
Camavinga​

is that too defensive?
I think for Madrid, it’s very defence oriented and lacks creativity needed at high level. They will need a blockbuster attacking midfielder to go in there. Maybe a Bruno for €150mn??

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Absolutely, which is why they are so hard to replace. The midfield above would have Madrid in more back and forth duels than they've known in the Modric era and lead to uncertainty in determining control of a game, especially so against hight retentive midfields who you need to fatigue with the ball so they can't do the same to you.

Madrid need their Pedri in a midfield consisting of the two French youngsters, and even that mightn't be enough, as Modric's partner in crime - Kroos - has been a seamless foil and partner who enables Modric to be free and proactive with no fear his partner will let him down in terms of ball retention, combination football and understanding of where to be in equidistance to always keep the opposition honest.
Especially since you also lost Marcelo and Carvajal seems old 4 games out of 5. They played a huge part in their ability to retain the ball (especially Marcelo who was a phenomenal baller). I know Real Madrid are looking for full backs but as is, it would be a huge drop in quality on the ball if they were to go with this midfield + Mendy + Carvajal.

Status
Not open for further replies.