Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Valverde, Camavinga & now Tchouameni.

We don't even have a midfielder who'd get a game over any of them!

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It says a lot that the champions of Europe want you. Must be a big boost for the kid.

Especially how they're ready to break the bank for him.

Dempsey19

Some people actually thought we would have a chance to sign this guy.

When we were winning titles all the time it was difficult to prise a player that Madrid were interested in. Sure they took Beckham,
RVN and Ronaldo from us. I know circumstances of all those players were abit meh but you know what I mean.

The current state we are in there's not a hope in hell we can get players like this.

croadyman

Yes it's frustrating he's not coming here, however least it leaves the door open for a future move, if he'd gone to the Scousers then that's the door shut on him ever playing for us.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Yes it's frustrating he's not coming here, however least it leaves the door open for a future move, if he'd gone to the Scousers then that's the door shut on him ever playing for us.
The only way to sign him from Madrid would be if he flops.

ti vu

The only way to sign him from Madrid would be if he flops.
Not necessarily. For example Snejder, Robben were not flops. It may be the case of they find shiny toy in his position, and they need rid of his wage to fit the new toy.

Very unlikely in this case though. Unless they find the new Redondo, stylistically and quality wise, this guy already fits RM well.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Real probably now has the most promising set of young talents of all top teams : Militao, Camavinga, Valverde, Tchouameni and Vinicius.
Assuming Benzema, Modric, Alaba and Courtois can keep playing at a high level for 2 more seasons they could be en route for a flawless rebuild.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
100 mil might be too much, puts big pressure on him but they have money to spend.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Two out of Tchouameni - Camavinga - Valverde means low blocks are not 100% necessary vs elite teams anymore, as opposed to having a team with Casemiro-Kroos-Modric.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
How do you fit him in?

What do you think your first choice midfield is (and second)?
Next year will rotate a lot. By 2023 who knows. Clearly him and Camavinga and Valverde are supposed to be key players, but 2 years is a long time in football

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
How do you fit him in?

What do you think your first choice midfield is (and second)?
Even though Carlo will still want to squeeze as much as possible from the CKM, he knows it's a team in transition so I don't really think there will be a clear first choice midfield throughout the season. If you are paying that much for a player it's because he is considered strategical by the club, so he will play plenty of minutes. Personally I see lots of rotating between Casemiro, Kroos, Modric, Valverde, Camavinga, Tchouameni for six positions in the starting eleven. It makes sense in a season with a World Cup in the middle of it, I must say.

mctrials23

Come on PSG, steal him from under RM. The implosion would be something to see after Mbappe.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Their sixth choice midfielder would instantly be one of our best players. That’s depressing. Leave some talented midfielders for the rest of us ffs.

RoyH1

That's a lot of coin for someone who's not a striker and comes straight from Ligue 1.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Valverde broke through at RM in 19/20 replacing Modric in the lineup, I don't think he'll ever be a defensive midfielder.

Josh 76

Even though Carlo will still want to squeeze as much as possible from the CKM, he knows it's a team in transition so I don't really think there will be a clear first choice midfield throughout the season. If you are paying that much for a player it's because he is considered strategical by the club, so he will play plenty of minutes. Personally I see lots of rotating between Casemiro, Kroos, Modric, Valverde, Camavinga, Tchouameni for six positions in the starting eleven. It makes sense in a season with a World Cup in the middle of it, I must say.
We need a really strong Madrid team. This is the only team that can stop City and Liverpool wining the CL.

mav_9me

Their sixth choice midfielder would instantly be one of our best players. That’s depressing. Leave some talented midfielders for the rest of us ffs.
Yes. They have 6 midfielders better than any of our midfielders. 6. Fecking 6.

If we don't sign 2 midfielders before preseason, I give up.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Madrid had the money burning a hole in their pocket after they had been banking and saving up for Mbappe. With Camavinga, Tchouameni and if rumours are to be believed Bellingham next summer their midfield will be set for years and they will still have Modric, Kroos, Casimeiro to play and phase out as it suits them. Good work Florentino . It also highlights the work Utd need to do in midfield to catch up for all this talk of Timber and Nunez, midfield is where we really need reinforcements and ultimately where ETH will win or lose.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Madrid had the money burning a hole in their pocket after they had been banking and saving up for Mbappe. With Camavinga, Tchouameni and if rumours are to be believed Bellingham next summer their midfield will be set for years and they will still have Modric, Kroos, Casimeiro to play and phase out as it suits them. Good work Florentino . It also highlights the work Utd need to do in midfield to catch up for all this talk of Timber and Nunez, midfield is where we really need reinforcements and ultimately where ETH will win or lose.
You can never be sure your midfield is set for anything unless a player is a finished product. While we sure state that Camavinga and Tchouameni have great potential and are quality prospects, you never know how players like that will evolve and how/when they'll peak. If you take a player like Rabiot for exemple, he was a very exciting prospect back in 2015-2017 but stopped improving way too early and ended being just an OK player.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Don't you think Camavinga and Valverde would eventually settle in defensive Box to Box roles , they don't exactly provide flair and neither does Tchouameni .
Not at all. Camavinga is clearly a better attacking player than a defensive one and it would be a disservice to everyone if the focus of his development was on his defence. Valverde likewise is at his best making forward runs. If anything, he'd be more likely to be converted into a wing player than a defensive player

Vapor trail

Well this is why it was important to get rid of the scouting network of individuals at the club they have shown to be inept at identifying talent. It was said by reputable sources that a 50 million offer last season was enough for Monaco to sell, he had no serious suitors.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Well this is why it was important to get rid of the scouting network of individuals at the club they have shown to be inept at identifying talent. It was said by reputable sources that a 50 million offer last season was enough for Monaco to sell, he had no serious suitors.
Those sources were talking nonsense, Tchouaméni wasn't for sale last summer and he had no intention to leave.

Vapor trail

Not at all. Camavinga is clearly a better attacking player than a defensive one and it would be a disservice to everyone if the focus of his development was on his defence. Valverde likewise is at his best making forward runs. If anything, he'd be more likely to be converted into a wing player than a defensive player
I still don't think that those midfield three are dynamic enough to be competitive at the highest level especially in comparison to Modric, Kroos and Casemiro.

It depends most likely on what the next manager intends to do with the midfield. But Camavinga / Tchouameni have stood out in Ligue 1 for their defensive stats more so than attacking capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.