Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPace

Not one of those players will ever been close to the technical brilliance of Modric. I think without that magician type in the middle, there midfield will be weaker.
It's like the Liverpool midfield but better, so they may have the same creativity issues, particularly without a TAA type, yeah. Ancelotti seems to rate Ceballos but I doubt he's good enough. They may just hope Modric can play another 2 years and his replacement emerges somewhere and can be bought.

Rolaholic

It's like the Liverpool midfield but better, so they may have the same creativity issues, particularly without a TAA type, yeah. Ancelotti seems to rate Ceballos but I doubt he's good enough. They may just hope Modric can play another 2 years and his replacement emerges somewhere and can be bought.
Valverde has shown quite a bit of promise at WB under Ancelotti, if he ends up there full time that could be the way to go.

I doubt Ceballos will stick around long after signing Tchouameni, that midfield is way too crowded and he likely wants to earn a spot in the WC squad.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
At that price it does not seem he will go to Madrid. Looks more like PSG material to me.

ForeverRed1

Why aren’t we doing everything in our power to get this guy. He is exactly what we need. I get no champions league but he would be a guaranteed starter with us and a catalyst in getting us towards where we need to be.I get he isn’t cheap but who else is there at his level of quality and potential?

redcucumber

Why aren’t we doing everything in our power to get this guy. He is exactly what we need. I get no champions league but he would be a guaranteed starter with us and a catalyst in getting us towards where we need to be.I get he isn’t cheap but who else is there at his level of quality and potential?
How do you know we haven't? By all accounts every top team were after him. Why on earth would he join a United side in (perpetual) transition over CL and La Liga winners Real Madrid?

Mmm-Qatarian

For what reason would he choose to go to us over Real Madrid?

We need to be realistic here; there are better prospective clubs after him so we'd have no chance.

Judas

Open to offers
He's quite obviously got better options. Sometimes you just have to admit it and not blame the club.

RoyH1

The only way to get him out of his Madrid dream is by putting a lot more money on the table. And even if we did, we cannot outspend PSG.

The more time passes, the more I'm certain that PSG will get him. Money is no impediment to them.

allen7

He’s a modern day footballer and I’m sure he’ll do a Mbappe to move to PSG.
So why waste our time on his signing.

ForeverRed1

How do you know we haven't? By all accounts every top team were after him. Why on earth would he join a United side in (perpetual) transition over CL and La Liga winners Real Madrid?
I get that but there has been 0 noise regarding us even looking at him, or has there?

onemanarmy

I get that but there has been 0 noise regarding us even looking at him, or has there?
Call to agent. "Not interested". Why would there be noise? I'd love 0 noise for once and getting good, realistic targets in. He isn't a realistic target with Real, PSG and Liverpool after him I'm afraid. Not right now.

ForeverRed1

Call to agent. "Not interested". Why would there be noise? I'd love 0 noise for once and getting good, realistic targets in. He isn't a realistic target with Real, PSG and Liverpool after him I'm afraid. Not right now.
this is valid. Hopefully we can play some nice football soon and become some what competitive again.

SAFMUTD

Because he's a potential world-class talent, we don't have the pull at this moment to attract him.

Cafer007

We had our chance last year for 35M but we didnt go after him with full steam, Wish we could have got one of Touchameni or Neves last year

LuckyScout78

I think he will pick and go to a champion league team. So i think the chance he will go to United is minimal.

Camavinga and Tchouaméni can turn out to be a really good CM duo. Both for Real Madrid and France in the future.

Bojan Djordjic

I was really hot on Tchouameni but have to say it just doesn’t look like a good signing at 100mn. He’s approaching Rice level pricing which is just prohibitive for a club that needs to do as much business as we do.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
By all accounts you guys are signing him

From what I've seen from sources close to Madrid on Twitter PSG are giving a much bigger offer to both Monaco and the player. Pedrerol, who is normally very well informed, was pessimistic yesterday as well. Last time he was pessimistic Mbappe went to PSG.

Giggsy13

Madrid have rebuilt their midfield with their core midfield players still being around while United chug along still looking to replace Carrick and make our first signing of the summer :lol:

Camavinga and Tchouameni will likely dominate for years to come. United biggest club in the world? No chance, it always has been Madrid and their proactive moves in the market along with winning trophies proves it.

Nero

Madrid have rebuilt their midfield with their core midfield players still being around while United chug along still looking to replace Carrick and make our first signing of the summer :lol:

Camavinga and Tchouameni will likely dominate for years to come. United biggest club in the world? No chance, it always has been Madrid and their proactive moves in the market along with winning trophies proves it.
It's exceptionally easy for Madrid to sign players. 99% of the world's players want to play for them.

LoneStar

I agree with you that Madrid have always had a bigger pull than any other club, arguably only Barca coming close. Their history, success, the city and a multitude of factors contribute to that. I think ‘biggest club in the world’ is up for debate, since there is no set definition for this. Could be history or success or popularity. United are big in terms of history, and popularity. But Madrid os a strong contender for it regardless of how you define it since they seem to have it all.

However, that doesn‘t mean other clubs cannot be successful. Look at City and Liverpool, two clubs with a lot of similarities to us (in terms of city, weather, culture, etc.). At the end of the day, there is a lot of talent in football, enough for a lot of big clubs to compete well.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Madrid didn't really have a decent pull after 70s, their biggest success before their modern ucl dominance mostly came from a Spanish core group of players in the 80s while Barcelona at the time got the likes of cryuff, Stoichkov , Maradona and romario and the Italian teams even the relegation battling ones were getting world class players all over the place.
We don't need to rewrite history, they're the most attractive club as of now, hasn't been the case at all times.

Canagel

Madrid didn't really have a decent pull after 70s, their biggest success before their modern ucl dominance mostly came from a Spanish core group of players in the 80s while Barcelona at the time got the likes of cryuff, Stoichkov , Maradona and romario and the Italian teams even the relegation battling ones were getting world class players all over the place.
We don't need to rewrite history, they're the most attractive club as of now, hasn't been the case at all times.
Real are the biggest club in the world but Barca have had the better players. Is that a fair statement?

MDFC Manager

We really should have pushed for him last summer. That's when we missed the boat. Can't really complain now when our stock is much lower.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Real are the biggest club in the world but Barca have had the better players. Is that a fair statement?
Not necessarily, but yeah barca has had the more shiny toys since 80s.

That Madrid contingent of the late 50s early 60s was something else however.

Giggsy13

It's exceptionally easy for Madrid to sign players. 99% of the world's players want to play for them.
I wouldn’t say exceptionally easy as the doped up oil clubs are having an impact. My comment was more frustration than anything. While our midfield is in obvious need of a rebuild, Madrid and Bayern have made proactive moves to strengthen an area that is already world class. Just goes to show the importance of strengthening while you’re at the top.

Son

Even if we got him and he’ll think okay I’ll just go there for a few years. You’ll be looking for someone new in no time if instant success isn’t there.

Part of transfers is just luck and in a bidding war with everyone this isn’t a right place, right time deal like De Jong could well be this summer. The oil clubs usually win these battles.

SATA

They signed Camavinga last summer and now this? Not a bad window with Rudiger and this guy after just being European champions barely a week ago

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Not one of those players will ever been close to the technical brilliance of Modric. I think without that magician type in the middle, there midfield will be weaker.
Would you say Viera & Gilberto Silva duo as the same type of Modric? And Arsenal were very successful with those two.

Finding someone like Modric type of midfielder is not easy. And I think they will be fine building the new midfield with Camavinga, Tchouaméni and Valverde. There are lot of way to build your midfield with and it depends whether their future long term manager after Carlo can do that. And also before Thiago joined Liverpool, Liverpool won UCL and the league with Fabinho, Henderson and Wijnaldum in midfield.

Bojan Djordjic

Even a club like Lyon has managed to have midfielders like Cacqueret, Aouar, N'dombele, Paqueta, Guimaraes at various times in recent years. Just because we're not able to attract the very highest tier talent among the top five leagues at the moment, we need to get a little more creative in our scouting/recruitment. Our midfield as a unit is lower mid-table and there's no excuse for the likes of Brighton, Leicester or Newcastle to have better midfielders than we do.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Would you say Viera & Gilberto Silva duo as the same type of Modric? And Arsenal were very successful with those two.

Finding someone like Modric type of midfielder is not easy. And I think they will be fine building the new midfield with Camavinga, Tchouaméni and Valverde. There are lot of way to build your midfield with and it depends whether their future long term manager after Carlo can do that. And also before Thiago joined Liverpool, Liverpool won UCL and the league with Fabinho, Henderson and Wijnaldum in midfield.
Didn't win five UCLs

Murder on Zidane's Floor

So what you are saying is Real Madrid need to win 5 UCLs in the next 8 years again to be considered successful? fecking hell.
No mate, not at all. I'm saying that Modric is a wizard and the players they're putting in their midfield are very different type players. It doesn't preclude them success but I feel, that type of player might not have enough random magic in the big moments, they might have to get it elsewhere.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No mate, not at all. I'm saying that Modric is a wizard and the players they're putting in their midfield are very different type players. It doesn't preclude them success but I feel, that type of player might not have enough random magic in the big moments, they might have to get it elsewhere.
This reminds me of stupid debate of people used to complain that Carrick is not as good as Roy Keane and not the same type of midfield as Roy Keane, therefore, Carrick is not good enough for man united.

Someone like Modric type or Keane type or certain player’s type don’t always available in the market for years. What to do if they are not available? Giving up in rebuilding their midfield? Of course not, find another way to rebuild their midfield.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

This reminds me of stupid debate of people used to complain that Carrick is not as good as Roy Keane and not the same type of midfield as Roy Keane, therefore, Carrick is not good enough for man united.

Someone like Modric type or Keane type or certain player’s type don’t always available in the market for years. What to do if they are not available? Giving up in rebuilding their midfield? Of course not, find another way to rebuild their midfield.
At no point am I saying they're not good enough. It's moreso I feel they need to find a replacement for him if possible.

That's it

mctrials23

People seem to forget this. RM are the team that the most players in the world want to play for. Prestige club, amazing city and lifestyle for players families, guaranteed trophies and CL every season and most players currently will have grown up watching the Galacticos era.

Even when United were in the top few teams in the world we rarely attracted the best players unless they were UK based.

If RM want a player, they almost always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.