Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deery

Dreary
Football’s mad 100m for a midfielder with any potential. Times gone past he would have been about 20m at the very most..

Korwas

100m for him is alot, but when you think about the fact that Tchouameni, Valverde and Camavinga cost a combined 136m then it starts to look like a midfield thats easily worth it's cost anyway.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Football’s mad 100m for a midfielder with any potential. Times gone past he would have been about 20m at the very most..
he is more than potential though, he’s genuinely one of the best midfielders in the world right now.

Deery

Dreary
he is more than potential though, he’s genuinely one of the best midfielders in the world right now.
Oh I like him, but he’s not one of the best in the world without playing in the best competition’s..

Deery

Dreary
We’re about to spend €85m on De Jong, it’s just the going rate for talented young players and he’s by far the standout now.
I don’t think we’ll pay that much for De Jong, but 100m for a player not even yet played in a major league or tournament is mad to me, just the way football is nowadays.

cyberman

We’re about to spend €85m on De Jong, it’s just the going rate for talented young players and he’s by far the standout now.
He hasn’t done anything though. He should be nowhere near De Jong.
My fear for Madrid would be it’s extremely rare that you can just sign the highly rated kids at the time and have them carry your team for the next decade. If one of he or Camavinga lives up to the hype they’ll be lucky

TsuWave

2016 maybe
A player like Tchouameni isn't moving for £20M in 2016.

Stones moved for £50M, Mustafi moved for £35M and Xhaka moved for £30M that year. Not a single one of them were getting shouts of being among the best in the world in their position then as Tchouameni currently is.

The guy that was getting those shouts moved for £89M that year, so, you know

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
2016 maybe
In 2016, you may have one of his legs. And in general it's not a good idea to look at decades old transfer fees, the football industry generates significantly more money and every price moved in the direction dictated by sponsorship deals and broadcasting. I mean in 1988 Rijkaard joined Milan for 3m and you could make the case that none of the current midfielders are better than he was.

Deery

Dreary
A player like Tchouameni isn't moving for £20M in 2016.

Stones moved for £50M, Mustafi moved for £35M and Xhaka moved for £30M that year. Not a single one of them were getting shouts of being among the best in the world in their position then as Tchouameni currently is.

The guy that was getting those shouts moved for £89M that year, so, you know
Playing for the champions of a major league and in a CL final, Tchouameni although highly rated is still vastly unproven.

TsuWave

Playing for the champions of a major league and in a CL final, Tchouameni although highly rated is still vastly unproven.
Either way, he's not moving for £20M in 2016 - as evidenced by some of the transfers in that year that I've mentioned

Competition for talent is much fiercer now

Deery

Dreary
In 2016, you may have one of his legs. And in general it's not a good idea to look at decades old transfer fees, the football industry generates significantly more money and every price moved in the direction dictated by sponsorship deals and broadcasting. I mean in 1988 Rijkaard joined Milan for 3m and you could make the case that none of the current midfielders are better than he was.
Stop acting like you’re a multi millionaire, 100m is crazy money in anyones eyes, hell our entire budget is touted at less and we need about 4-5 players.

Deery

Dreary
Either way, he's not moving for £20M in 2016 - as evidenced by some of the transfers in that year that I've mentioned

Competition for talent is much fiercer now
Maybe not 20m but 30m or so I’d well believe, Bernardo Silva moved for about 40m and was playing CL and in a higher performing Monaco team.

JPRouve

Scout
Stop acting like you’re a multi millionaire, 100m is crazy money in anyones eyes, hell our entire budget is touted at less and we need about 4-5 players.
What is the relevance of that and how is that any impact on the price of a player contract?

Deery

Dreary
What is the relevance of that and how is that any impact on the price of a player contract?
Because that’s what I was getting at by saying football’s mad, the disconnect between football and the average man is crazy, 100m for a player not even tested in a major league is just seen as normal.

JPRouve

Scout
Because that’s what I was getting at by saying football’s mad, the disconnect between football and the average man is crazy, 100m for a player not even tested in a major league is just seen as normal.
That's what you meant by "2016 maybe". Why are you lying?

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
I have no idea why Madrid aren’t looking at Bernardo Silva. Maddening maybe they’ll lock this bloke up and go for him after, it if I was in there show my priority would be Silva.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I have no idea why Madrid aren’t looking at Bernardo Silva. Maddening maybe they’ll lock this bloke up and go for him after, it if I was in there show my priority would be Silva.
Doesn’t he have a contract for 3 more years? And he is part of Peps starting 11, so no real way to get him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bernardo is at City. Unless we get indications he wants to push for a move, it's pointless to chase him. Not to mention we still have Kroos and Modric for another year.

Although i would love for us to go for him

Charles Miller

Its not fair to judge players you only watched in two games for their NT. If i would do that, my evaluation would be:
Nkuku: 100 million euros
Diaby: 70 million euros
Tchouameni: 25 million euros.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’m slightly wary that by Madrid preparing to pay 100m for him that Barca may get ideas about pricing DeJong around there too

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Real continuously think about their future, greatly run.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Madrid must be boasting one of the best ever midfields in the history of the game right now (first-team, reserves, experience, players in their peak, up-coming talents).

And we're stuck with fecking McFred :lol:

RoyH1

That’s mad money for a defensive midfielder. I know that PSG sniffing around probably increased the price tag, but it’s still mad money. West Ham not going to take a penny under 120 for Rice now

Kaos

I’m slightly wary that by Madrid preparing to pay 100m for him that Barca may get ideas about pricing DeJong around there too
Difference is Barca need to sell, so they have no leverage in demanding too much for him. And from what it sounds like, there's not a huge number of suitors in for him. Tchouameni on the other hand has no shortage of admirers who'd love to sign him, something Monaco are aware of hence the steep price.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Wow.

Have to hand it to Real. Managing to replace a GOAT midfield of Kroos, Casemiro and Modric with Tchouameni, Camavinga and Valverde for €135m is great business.

Status
Not open for further replies.