Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
High press baby :D

Also, Camavinga should definitely turn into more of a playmaker, and with Rudiger it's likely Alaba will slot back to the wing, that's another playmaker added to the attack - crucially without losing a deep playmaker thanks to Rudiger -

If Rodrygo explodes like Vini next season, we'll be fine in terms of creative players. Playmaking doesn't have to come from midfield. During our most successfull period since the 50s, it come from the wings
I hope you are right. I don't think Alaba will agree to play anywhere else then CB. I also think we need someone like Alaba at CB. I think Rüdiger and Militao are too similar. I feel we need Alaba ability to play out from CB position.

Hopefully we bag someone like Nkunko or another proper backup for Benzema.

Quite eye opening that RM pays over 100 mill euros for Tchouameni instead of taking Pogba on free.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Maybe it's just me but these graphs never "easily" explain anything to me because I have no idea what any of it means.

You can laugh but at least I have the balls to say what everyone thinks.
The best players are in the top right quadrant. In this case those most effective at recoveries and interceptions. As you can see Tchouameni is miles ahead of pretty much everyone.

Redlyn

Too expensive for his actual value: he's still a work in progress.
As the stats showed he is by far the best in the world at both recoveries and interceptions. That's invaluable to a team. Thats the price you pay these days to get the best.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
One thing that shouldn't be ignored with all these stats is that Tchouaméni is very "aggressive", if you want the best out of him you need someone that is going to sweep behind him unless he changes his game. I was trying to find the best comparison for him and I believe that it's a better version of Matuidi.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
As the stats showed he is by far the best in the world at both recoveries and interceptions. That's invaluable to a team. Thats the price you pay these days to get the best.
Milan Badej was also very impressive in interceptions and sucessful recoveries and I don't see clubs lining up for him.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
We’ll see how this plays out.

Valverde-Tchou-Camavinga

Tchou as the holding midfielder, Camavinga taking on Modrics role and Valverde doing his own thing basically B2B. On paper it sounds like a dream midfield, but no guarantees of course. I hope we can make this work, we’d be set for the next 10y barring no freak injury or the like. KCM will hopefully teach them all they need to know.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
One thing that shouldn't be ignored with all these stats is that Tchouaméni is very "aggressive", if you want the best out of him you need someone that is going to sweep behind him unless he changes his game. I was trying to find the best comparison for him and I believe that it's a better version of Matuidi.
That's the problem I have with Tchouaméni. He's obviously a great talent but he can't play as a n°6 right now and for a box to box, he lacks creativity and sparkle. So of course he'll do a great job defensively but you'd need to sacrifice another player to stay behind which isn't ideal. At least a player like Casemiro doesn't need a backup.

JPRouve

Scout
That's the problem I have with Tchouaméni. He's obviously a great talent but he can't play as a n°6 right now and for a box to box, he lacks creativity and sparkle. So of course he'll do a great job defensively but you'd need to sacrifice another player to stay behind which isn't ideal. At least a player like Casemiro doesn't need a backup.
He is definitely too timid when it comes to vertical passes, in particular in traffic. But I think that it's a confidence thing because he has the ability.

Green Yellow Red

I have never thought Tchouameni is worth the hype he gets (as a CDM). He’s good, but not exactly the generational talent he is touted to be. He’s in that weird Bakayoko position where he’s not technically good enough to be a top 8 or the defensive awareness to be a top 6.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He is definitely too timid when it comes to vertical passes, in particular in traffic. But I think that it's a confidence thing because he has the ability.
He has a great potential and sometimes shows his vertical passes (long or short) can be very good but is it 100M good? I don't think so. Fair play to Real if they get him because he's a very smart kid and is very dedicated but they're overpaying him. That being said, who isn't nowadays?

JPRouve

Scout
He has a great potential and sometimes shows his vertical passes (long or short) can be very good but is it 100M good? I don't think so. Fair play to Real if they get him because he's a very smart kid and is very dedicated but they're overpaying him. That being said, who isn't nowadays?
Of course it's not 100m good. Real Madrid aree purchasing potential unless you purchase a player that is in his prime, you rarely purchase at a player's worth if the selling club isn't desperate for cash.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
A midfield of Cama - Tchou - Valverde is such a physical, workhorse midfield. The three of them lack creativity to be effective as a unit. Definitely need either a deep-lying playmaker like Neves/Kroos/Jorginho or a creative B2B like De Bruyne/Modric/Soler to play alongside any 2 of them.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
A midfield of Cama - Tchou - Valverde is such a physical, workhorse midfield. The three of them lack creativity to be effective as a unit. Definitely need either a deep-lying playmaker like Neves/Kroos/Jorginho or a creative B2B like De Bruyne/Modric/Soler to play alongside any 2 of them.
It seems that he will go to Atlético

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I feel that Camavinga can be the creative mind, has the technical ability and vision. He showcased it this season whenever he got minutes. I hope we give them the chance for a couple of games to see if it works out.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
I hope Modric-Casemiro-Kroos is split up next season.

I want to see

Modric-Tchouameni-Kroos

Or

Camavinga-Casemiro-Modric

I think Velverde will play to the right.

I hope Kroos is only played against teams were we dominate the procession.

PerezMasterclass

Supports
Real Madrid
Laughing my ass off at the PSG nuts trying to shit on this deal like they weren’t twerking and offering much higher transfer fee and higher salary just to get turned down.

you bought the snakes loyalty but you couldn’t buy Tchouamenis love my guy didn’t want to stay in the Farmers League.

The whole of premier league and the oil clubs wanted him but he still went to Real Madrid. Of course the price will go up when all of the big teams are fighting it out for him.

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian

Looks like he has the potential to add more goals to his game too?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

Looks like he has the potential to add more goals to his game too?
Hard to assess at this point, his scoring isnt consistent. It's clearly not his strong suit at the moment but he could of course get better.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Not sure about the price.
Glad to get the player. Not 100% yet.

IF we get him I think we will become a physical monster of a team defensively. Camavinga, Casemiro, Tchouameni, Velverde in the midfield. Mendy, Rüdiger and Militao in backline. A bit worried about the creativity.
I hope Hazard manages to be semifit for the start of the season and isn't stuffing any junk food into him right now :nervous:

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
We’ll see how this plays out.

Valverde-Tchou-Camavinga

Tchou as the holding midfielder, Camavinga taking on Modrics role and Valverde doing his own thing basically B2B. On paper it sounds like a dream midfield, but no guarantees of course. I hope we can make this work, we’d be set for the next 10y barring no freak injury or the like. KCM will hopefully teach them all they need to know.
You know what that midfield looks like to me? A midfield based around counter-attacking, which isn't bad, especially in UCL, but not sure against parked buses in the league, when the space is limited.

I'm not saying any of them are bad technically, i just don't see any of them doing what Modric is doing, though they are all young so can improve of course.

Big signing, and a big transfer fee, hopefully will be worth it.

mctrials23

It doesn’t excuse what our club should be doing, which is working to get at least one midfield signing in before the window opens.
Its not quite that simple. If a player is for sale, we offer asking and the player wants to come to us then we would have sorted out the deal by now. Most transfers take time unless they are already sorted out before the end of the season. I imagine this Tchouameni deal was very much in its final stages a month or two ago.

We don't have unlimited funds, we need more than one or two players this summer to can't go mad on fees. We don't have CL football to offer players and we are after quality. Christ, not all players even want to come to England to play which is another issue.

Yes agreed. The cream goes to RM. But are there no players who fit our plans and would consider playing for us? Season after season we dither and delay and end up signing turds for big money. No big club operates like that.
They do, United are just a click-baiters dream. No matter the state of the club, articles on United sell and people lap them up. Who have Chelsea signed? Who have Liverpool signed? Who have Tottenham and Arsenal signed? Its very easy to look over the whole world of elite football and pick out the exceptions to prove a point but most transfers take time and plenty of clubs don't get exactly who they want and get their business done quickly.

I would rather take more time to get a player we are really after than settle for a lesser player that is easier to get. Players are on holiday. Players are on international duty. Its tricky. I will worry when it gets to July and we haven't made any progress on the ins and outs.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I thought Real Madrid were in trouble financially. Clearly not the case. They have found a bottomless pit of money from somewhere.
In the last 10 years 25 teams have had more net spend (buys minus sales) than Real Madrid. Florentino said everyone was in trouble but in reality he was behaving like the Ant of this fable.

AussieDevil

Imagine what Klopp could do with a Tchouameni - Valverde - Camavinga midfield if he was to ever manage Madrid in the future, they would be a better version of the 19/20 Liverpool team if they were able to play the same way

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
The fabulous power of marketing.

No one watches Ligue 1.
No one has seen more than two YouTube videos of the player.

Crowds sigh for him.

Someone will pay 116 million for him.

Where is this going?

Pronewbie

Peep
I hope you are right. I don't think Alaba will agree to play anywhere else then CB. I also think we need someone like Alaba at CB. I think Rüdiger and Militao are too similar. I feel we need Alaba ability to play out from CB position.

Hopefully we bag someone like Nkunko or another proper backup for Benzema.

Quite eye opening that RM pays over 100 mill euros for Tchouameni instead of taking Pogba on free.
Good point. Then again weren’t United the only ones who were serious in getting Pogba when he was looking to leave Juve?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

No one watches Ligue 1.

Crowds sigh for him.

Where is this going?
I heard Perez signed the check thinking he was a right back, crazy! Probably because of all these Tchouameni commercials we see all around the world. Chocolate bars, soap, barbecues, the kid is everywhere!

I think UEFA should impose a cap, no player who doesn't play in the PL should be worth more than 15M because they're obvsiously not PL proven.

CraftySoAndSo

No one watches Ligue 1.

Crowds sigh for him.

Where is this going?
No, you don't watch Ligue 1 but lots do and scouts sure as hell do considering the amount of talent that comes through there. Typical obnoxious big 6 fan attitude who thinks football doesn't exist outside the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.