Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

The scouse nightmare continues...

On their way to a treble/quad and about to sign the best DM/holding mid prospect in years...

Must've been how they felt in the 90's and 2000's

MUFC OK

On their way to a treble/quad and about to sign the best DM/holding mid prospect in years...

Yep, he’s absolutely sensational. Will elevate them above city next season in my opinion. Be shocked if they don’t win the league.

Red Rash

I think we have to accept the fact that this summer we will be limited in terms of the players we can buy. If we have a player who is also interesting Liverpool, City, Real, Bayern or other CL teams it will be difficult for us.

The club is in a mess from top to bottom, we are performing terribly in the league and no CL football next season.

I don't think ETH will be a massive lure for players at least until he is able to implement his style of play except for maybe some of the dutch players.

Our only real pull at the moment is that we have a big history, the chance to play with Ronaldo and we typically pay big salaries. This will help with some players but unfortunately players like Tchouameni are massively unlikely at this stage.

croadyman

I think we have to accept the fact that this summer we will be limited in terms of the players we can buy. If we have a player who is also interesting Liverpool, City, Real, Bayern or other CL teams it will be difficult for us.

The club is in a mess from top to bottom, we are performing terribly in the league and no CL football next season.

I don't think ETH will be a massive lure for players at least until he is able to implement his style of play except for maybe some of the dutch players.

Our only real pull at the moment is that we have a big history, the chance to play with Ronaldo and we typically pay big salaries. This will help with some players but unfortunately players like Tchouameni are massively unlikely at this stage.
Yeah much like Thiago/Fabinho think we are going to have swallow he will be turning out for our arch enemy next season

Scholsey2004

If we get De Jong then i'd be totally fine with missing out on Tchouameni. He's not actually a DM or a DLP and i think we'd need a player who holds position to get the best out of de Jong.

croadyman

If we get De Jong then i'd be totally fine with missing out on Tchouameni. He's not actually a DM or a DLP and i think we'd need a player who holds position to get the best out of de Jong.
Who do you think is a pure holder that we could sign to get the best out of a DLP

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Who do you think is a pure holder that we could sign to get the best out of a DLP
We don't need a 'pure holder' to get the best out of de Jong. Tchouameni would be the best choice due to his ability to dominate in the defensive transition and he can easily be utilised as the most defensive minded midfielder.

Last edited:

OmarUnited4ever

Liverpool have 6 Midfielders plus Oxlade-Chamberlain & Elliot, who can play as Midfielders and Forwards, so they will need to let go of at least 2 players before they sign Tchouameni,

Milner was offered 1 yr extension
Oxlade-Chamberlain might leave
Keita, no indication he is leaving.
Curtis and Elliott might be loaned, by I doubt that.
Henderson, Thiago & Fabinho are the starters.

I don't see a space for Tchouameni at Liverpool, unless someone like Keita leaves.

F-A-C-T-S

Liverpool have 6 Midfielders plus Oxlade-Chamberlain & Elliot, who can play as Midfielders and Forwards, so they will need to let go of at least 2 players before they sign Tchouameni,

I don't see a space for Tchouameni at Liverpool, unless someone like Keita leaves.
Henderson and Thiago are 30+

Milner is a utility player and not competition for Aurélien. I think they see the likes of Jones/Elliott as squad players.
Last night the Liverpool team out has Milner as a DM so in all likelihood Tchouameni comes in as DM cover for Fabinho but starting the Odd game at CM.

I actually think they aim to use him as a box to box Midfielder taking over Henderson, he has more raw materials than Henderson ever had. And I don't think he would mind a season of 20+ appearances with some coming from the Bench with a promise of cementing his own position in the side based on performance, as has Konate done in the past few weeks.

Liverpool are well run unfortunately and they don't target players just because they are hot prospects. They always have clear ideas on what they want to do with any player they purchase.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert

Tchouameni is better than any player in their team bar Thiago, and maybe/probably, Henderson. He is 22. They did not replace Winjaldum last year. I'm confident they are in the market for a midfielder. Tchouameni would probably be perfect for Klopp.

Kingslayer18

Tchouameni is better than any player in their team bar Thiago, and maybe/probably, Henderson. He is 22. They did not replace Winjaldum last year. I'm confident they are in the market for a midfielder. Tchouameni would probably be perfect for Klopp.
I actually think they will be in for Bellingham rather. He suits their midfield and box to box role even better than Tchouameni. I think they will use Henderson as replacement for Fabinho this season, whenever he needs a rest and focus on developing Elliot, Jones and Carvalho. Keita will take on even more prominent role as well, so they will be patient and wait for Bellingham next year.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I actually think they will be in for Bellingham rather. He suits their midfield and box to box role even better than Tchouameni. I think they will use Henderson as replacement for Fabinho this season, whenever he needs a rest and focus on developing Elliot, Jones and Carvalho. Keita will take on even more prominent role as well, so they will be patient and wait for Bellingham next year.
Yeh we wish. But no way they would just let chance of signing Tchouameni gone. It’s no brainer signing.

OmarUnited4ever

Henderson and Thiago are 30+

Milner is a utility player and not competition for Aurélien. I think they see the likes of Jones/Elliott as squad players.
Last night the Liverpool team out has Milner as a DM so in all likelihood Tchouameni comes in as DM cover for Fabinho but starting the Odd game at CM.

I actually think they aim to use him as a box to box Midfielder taking over Henderson, he has more raw materials than Henderson ever had. And I don't think he would mind a season of 20+ appearances with some coming from the Bench with a promise of cementing his own position in the side based on performance, as has Konate done in the past few weeks.

Liverpool are well run unfortunately and they don't target players just because they are hot prospects. They always have clear ideas on what they want to do with any player they purchase.
Henderson & Thiago are only 31, they can still play another 2 seasons at full intensity.

Even if Henderson has less talent than Tchouameni, Henderson is still the leader of that squad and is a strongly established player in Klopp's system, Tchouameni won't overtake Henderson that easy, unless Henderson suffers from injuries.

Keita is the 4th option, he got 2003 mins so far (that is basically 22 full 90 mins), so assuming Tchouameni joins Liverpool, he might get ahead of Keita, that means then Keita becomes 5th choice, which i think he would not accept, and then you have Ox, as well as Milner too, plus youngsters Jones (21) & Elliott (19), that seems a lot of players for 3 spots.

I do not doubt Liverpool want to sign him or anything, any top European club would want Tchouameni, what I am saying is that Liverpool will need to let go of at least 2 players, maybe 3 to create a space for Tchouameni in the squad

For Konate, he came into the squad that only had 3 established CBs, 2 of them are injury prone (Matip & Gomes), so Konate got to appear in a lot of games, he played 2308 mins of football this season, which actually close to double the mins he played in previous season with Leipzig (1287 mins only).

Fabinho as a DM is twice the player Tchouameni is, Thiago & Henderson are definitely better than the current version of Tchouameni (his potential his huge so he might become become better than the 3 starters in the future, but as of now, he has ways to go).

I do not doubt that Tchouameni will be great in a Klopp system, but as of now, Liverpool has enough players in Midfield within the squad, so, if they want Tchouameni, they will need to let go of some players like Keita & Ox.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Henderson & Thiago are only 31, they can still play another 2 seasons at full intensity.

Even if Henderson has less talent than Tchouameni, Henderson is still the leader of that squad and is a strongly established player in Klopp's system, Tchouameni won't overtake Henderson that easy, unless Henderson suffers from injuries.

Keita is the 4th option, he got 2003 mins so far (that is basically 22 full 90 mins), so assuming Tchouameni joins Liverpool, he might get ahead of Keita, that means then Keita becomes 5th choice, which i think he would not accept, and then you have Ox, as well as Milner too, plus youngsters Jones (21) & Elliott (19), that seems a lot of players for 3 spots.

I do not doubt Liverpool want to sign him or anything, any top European club would want Tchouameni, what I am saying is that Liverpool will need to let go of at least 2 players, maybe 3 to create a space for Tchouameni in the squad

For Konate, he came into the squad that only had 3 established CBs, 2 of them are injury prone (Matip & Gomes), so Konate got to appear in a lot of games, he played 2308 mins of football this season, which actually close to double the mins he played in previous season with Leipzig (1287 mins only).

Fabinho as a DM is twice the player Tchouameni is, Thiago & Henderson are definitely better than the current version of Tchouameni (his potential his huge so he might become become better than the 3 starters in the future, but as of now, he has ways to go).

I do not doubt that Tchouameni will be great in a Klopp system, but as of now, Liverpool has enough players in Midfield within the squad, so, if they want Tchouameni, they will need to let go of some players like Keita & Ox.
And they probably will. After they sign Tchouameni. Ox is probably gone already.

OmarUnited4ever

And they probably will. After they sign Tchouameni. Ox is probably gone already.
yeah, I think so too, I will add Keita too, he is 4th choice now, with Tchouameni, he becomes 5th choice, he would not want to be that low in the pecking order.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Then we will go for Bellingham. They can't buy everyone.
I could easily see them adding both to the squad. Not saying they will, but they could. With Henderson and Thiago in the range 32-33, them playing 60-70 games + internationals, adding two young midfielders would make sense for them. Both Bellingham and Tchouameni would suit them well. Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Tchouameni and Bellingham would be a perfect midfield for Klopp. I dont really need to add much in defence or attack either. Well covered with Diaz coming in. Maybe replace Salah if he is leaving and add some comptetion for TAA?

That being said, there is plenty of other good talents, so even if they, in a bit of an unlikely outcome, did add Tchouameni and Bellingham, it would not be the end of competition if our new manager is as good as we hope.

Elcabron

If he is only maybe better than Henderson then I wouldn't be worried about them getting him.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
If he is only maybe better than Henderson then I wouldn't be worried about them getting him.
I dont think many players at 22 is going to be a lot better than a key player for a PL-side that reached the CL-final while pushing 90 points in the PL. But I think his potential is higher.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
For the same kind of money I think Tchouameni is a much better PL signing than de Jong. De Jong is a baller but Liverpool could use either player in their team and they are making the correct choice yet again.
Would take him over de Jong in almost any circumstance. Easier to accommodate and more eclectic. Don't even think de Jong has the higher ceiling, either. Rate him, but Tchouameni has the potential to be the cornerstone of a midfield for a decade, whilst de Jong's game is going to massively modify the moment he loses his agility and acceleration.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
I can't see Liverpool going for him to be honest.

Hard to see any of Fabinho, Henderson or Thiago being displaced for the time being. They still have Naby Keita, and then there's the long-term development of both Harvey Elliott and Curtis Jones to think about.

I'm assuming Ox is probably off regardless. He'd be an upgrade over Keita if they can shift him too, but you would think they'll look to give Elliott more minutes next season in particular.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Yeah, they've got the numbers, but Tchouameni is potentially better than any of those, bar Thiago. Milner is about 43, Oxlade is never fit anyway, Keita is cack, Curtis/Elliott are kids, and Fabinho is the no.6, where I wouldn't expect Tchouameni to play anyway

OmarUnited4ever

Yeah, they've got the numbers, but Tchouameni is potentially better than any of those, bar Thiago. Milner is about 43, Oxlade is never fit anyway, Keita is cack, Curtis/Elliott are kids, and Fabinho is the no.6, where I wouldn't expect Tchouameni to play anyway
Current version of Tchouameni at 22yo isn't better than Henderson or Fabinho who are established in Klopp's system, but the potential is tremendous with Tchouameni, and aside from the 3 starters, the rest are fillers, and Tchouameni would be great addition to the group.

Remember the geese

Current version of Tchouameni at 22yo isn't better than Henderson or Fabinho who are established in Klopp's system, but the potential is tremendous with Tchouameni, and aside from the 3 starters, the rest are fillers, and Tchouameni would be great addition to the group.
Surely Tchouameni is better than Henderson?

OmarUnited4ever

Surely Tchouameni is better than Henderson?
Henderson in Klopp's system won PL and CL, again, the current version of Tchouameni is 22yo who played 2 seasons in League 1, he is excellent for the current level he is playing at, he has huge potential and can become far better than Henderson, but now he isn't better than Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.