Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primex

there's still a chance we'll sign him if we're interested, Liverpool aren't known to pay that high for a player who won't be transited straight into the starting lineup and they have lots of options in his role.
P.S.G pogba's going there.
Bayern gavernberch.
madrid not sure.
We would be favorites if not for the terrible season.
Our main concern should be Chelsea if they settle there issues.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Henderson in Klopp's system won PL and CL, again, the current version of Tchouameni is 22yo who played 2 seasons in League 1, he is excellent for the current level he is playing at, he has huge potential and can become far better than Henderson, but now he isn't better than Henderson
I agree with this. There was someone who said Tchouameni is Liverpool’s best midfielder if you rule out thiago.

He has to go and prove it. Also players like Fabinho cant be regarded as 2nd to Tchouameni just like that.

OmarUnited4ever

I agree with this. There was someone who said Tchouameni is Liverpool’s best midfielder if you rule out thiago.

He has to go and prove it. Also players like Fabinho cant be regarded as 2nd to Tchouameni just like that.
Exactly, when Thiago was about to join Liverpool, it's easy to argue he would be the best midfielder when he joins as his cv and experience as well as his talent and ability can back that.

Tchouameni didn't even play CL football yet, he has ways to go.

LuckyScout78

I think with Ten Hag. Its for the DCM balance and deep playing cm role he will suit best.

He is not Kevin De Bruyne, Iniesta, Both City Silva kind of player.

Kevin De Bruyne - Tchouameni - Iniesta

Then the toughest comparison for that role he can get is Juventus Manuel Locatelli.

Kevin De Bruyne - Tchouameni/Locatelli - Iniesta

Tchouameni vs Locatelli . I am not sure yet who i shall prefer.
Tchouameni is more physical stroner and more powerful. But the overall football skill. Locatelli is really high.

And i dont think Ten Hag will switch formation from 433 or 4312 to 4231. So if Ten Hag think Tchouameni is the beste DCM/nr.6 in 3 men midfield. Ten Hag and United shall go for it. Another high up there alternative option is Juventus Manuel Locatelli.

De Jong link with United shall be for the Iniesta role and Pogba replacement like this

Bruno/De JOng - Tchouameni/Locatelli - De Jong/Bruno

Jibbs

I wouldn’t mind Pogba signing a new contract at United if we can get this guy. This is how much I like to sign him.

Bojan Djordjic

Finally.

Been saying for ages that Tchouameni is a B2B that goes directly for the ball like Kante does.

Playing him as a CDM holds him back.

Great video.
Watched this yesterday and it did give me pause for thought. There'd still be a role for him at United but it seems more as a Fred upgrade than the missing link at DM.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Finally.

Been saying for ages that Tchouameni is a B2B that goes directly for the ball like Kante does.

Playing him as a CDM holds him back.

Great video.
Well, watching Ajax I’m not sure we would anything different than a Kante. Alvarez is more Kante/Tchouameni than a pure DM like Fabinho/Rodri/Rice.

dutchred

Well, watching Ajax I’m not sure we would anything different than a Kante. Alvarez is more Kante/Tchouameni than a pure DM like Fabinho/Rodri/Rice.
Ajax play such a high line that they don't need a pure defensive midfielder. The 2 centre halves (Timber and Martinez) act as DM's

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'll share the below extract from the Guardian again and it's something I completely agree with. And when the aim is to play in the opponents half, having a player who is purely a DM, might not be a great idea imo. Tchouaméni is far better than just being pigeonholed into one role (as mentioned below) and would be a tactical fit for any head coach, but in particular a head coach who looks to implement a compact high block.

Guardian: "Tchouaméni is not easily pigeonholed into one specific role. He is comfortable in a midfield two or three, and he can play as a holding midfielder or a box-to-box player. This versatility affords Kovac and Deschamps greater tactical flexibility, depending on the opposition or how the game is panning out. For example, Tchouaméni made his full France debut as the deepest midfielder in a 4-3-3 against Ukraine, yet put in another solid showing alongside Pogba in a 3-4-1-2 against Spain on Sunday."

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...relien-tchouameni-exciting-rise-monaco-france

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't think of a more perfect midfield pairing than Frenkie de Jong and Tchouameni tbh ... one can dream

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don't think we have the money for both and an attacking player on top of it.
I reckon we do. I suspect the club is releasing purposely cautious information regarding our budget, but people are not stupid - they can see how much work is needed. Also, we just got a new man in too, one who made a particular point of seeking assurances about his ability to build the squad. I’m sure he’d be backed, and Jong and Tchouameni are hardly a pair of £120m players anyway.

Seij

Remember Real is going to enter this market with vengeance after today. Tchouameni supposedly also wants Real so if Real go after him, we have no chance.

Bojan Djordjic

Remember Real is going to enter this market with vengeance after today. Tchouameni supposedly also wants Real so if Real go after him, we have no chance.
Should Real buy Tchouameni, we should think about Valverde. Would also think Bennacer from Milan would be great in a potential midfield with De Jong.

croadyman

If it keeps him away from scousers can absolutely live with that happening

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
If PSG really wants him, we have no chance to get him either.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
It’s reported he doesn’t want to stay in France though.
Lots of things are reported, few of them are true.

PSG could really use a new midfielder or two, so if they decide he is going there, thats where he will end up.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Lots of things are reported, few of them are true.

PSG could really use a new midfielder or two, so if they decide he is going there, thats where he will end up.
Well if that’s the case, he may want to join us afterall, as nothing from reports could be trusted.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Well if that’s the case, he may want to join us afterall, as nothing from reports could be trusted.
Money is worth more than reports, so again, it all depends on how much PSG wants him.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Money is worth more than reports, so again, it all depends on how much PSG wants him.
I doubt PSG would want to offer more crazy money on Tchouameni after Mbappe saga, especially after La Liga has filed a complaint to UEFA on economic control rules.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I doubt PSG would want to offer more crazy money on Tchouameni after Mbappe saga, especially after La Liga has filed a complaint to UEFA on economic control rules.
Complaints doesn't matter, nor will the new FFP rules, PSG will do what they feel like doing, and UEFA will like it.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Complaints doesn't matter, nor will the new FFP rules, PSG will do what they feel like doing, and UEFA will like it.
Which I still doubt PSG would pay so much for Tchouameni. He isn't Mbappe, nor is he global star player. I remember last season Camavinga choose Real Madrid over PSG too, and PSG didn't really pay over the odds for him.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Which I still doubt PSG would pay so much for Tchouameni. He isn't Mbappe, nor is he global star player. I remember last season Camavinga choose Real Madrid over PSG too, and PSG didn't really pay over the odds for him.
Simple, PSG just didn't care much for him, lets see if they care about Tchouameni, have a feeling they will, because at some point they have to fix that mediocre midfield that they have.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Simple, PSG just didn't care much for him, lets see if they care about Tchouameni, have a feeling they will, because at some point they have to fix that mediocre midfield that they have.
It's shocking how little PSG has looked into their own league for talent, Leonardo always preferred the shiny toys outside of Ligue 1 and paying over the odds for them. With him gone, I'm thinking the philosophy is going to change on that, but I think there's credible reports that Tchouameni would prefer to play in England.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
That's only your guess. Camavinga plays in exact position as Tchouameni but last summer they didn't care much for him, why would they suddenly care so much this summer.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
That's only your guess. Camavinga plays in exact position as Tchouameni but last summer they didn't care much for him, why would they suddenly care so much this summer.
Because they have a new sporting director(or whatever they call it) now.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
It's shocking how little PSG has looked into their own league for talent, Leonardo always preferred the shiny toys outside of Ligue 1 and paying over the odds for them. With him gone, I'm thinking the philosophy is going to change on that, but I think there's credible reports that Tchouameni would prefer to play in England.
Again, reports doesn't matter, its only a matter of if PSG really wants him or not.
Can't compete with a state-entity, at the end of the day.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Again, reports doesn't matter, its only a matter of if PSG really wants him or not.
Can't compete with a state-entity, at the end of the day.
Of course you can, if PSG got every player they wanted, you'd have a point but they've missed out on quite a few over the years. The allure of the English league is a strong one for a while now, and Real Madrid/Barcelona still have a draw to young French players.

Status
Not open for further replies.