Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Of course you can, if PSG got every player they wanted, you'd have a point but they've missed out on quite a few over the years. The allure of the English league is a strong one for a while now, and Real Madrid/Barcelona still have a draw to young French players.
PSG never really missed out on any players in the past, PSG just didnt want/care enough.

EPL is way ahead as a league commercially, while PSG has unlimited funds, La Liga is done for the forseeable future.

croadyman

No doubt we could afford both him and De Jong IF there wasn't so many other issues in the XI

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
PSG never really missed out on any players in the past, PSG just didnt want/care enough.

EPL is way ahead as a league commercially, while PSG has unlimited funds, La Liga is done for the forseeable future.
They missed De Jong.

Bojan Djordjic

This is nonsense, someone says he’s not interested in the French league and you just insist it doesn’t matter.

Maybe he wants to win something in his career. PSG, by signing Mbappe on that deal, are further and further away from being a real football club. What elite manager would want to come in and manage or be capable of thriving in the environment they’ve just created. I’m sure they will carry on winning Ligue 1 titles but unlike City they’re actually a terribly run club that is ruled by player power.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Good news everyone! We will now go hard for this guy i think :lol:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Good news everyone! We will now go hard for this guy i think :lol:
I don't think he's a statement signing. You're not going to be all: 'too bad on Mbappè... buttt look! A shiny, new Tchouameni!!'

Surely you get a new attacking toy to make up for the loss?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't think he's a statement signing. You're not going to be all: 'too bad on Mbappè... buttt look! A shiny, new Tchouameni!!'

Surely you get a new attacking toy to make up for the loss?
We don't really need a new attacking toy though. If we're not stupid, the blessing in disguise is that we can now focus our money and energy on players we actually need, right now, to compete next season.

If we win the CL i'm confident we'll do the right things. If we don't, i'm afraid Perez might feel a need to overcompensate though...in which case, Mane might actually be the one

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Same Journo who was saying the player was Liverpool bound.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
We don't really need a new attacking toy though. If we're not stupid, the blessing in disguise is that we can now focus our money and energy on players we actually need, right now, to compete next season.

If we win the CL i'm confident we'll do the right things. If we don't, i'm afraid Perez might feel a need to overcompensate though...in which case, Mane might actually be the one
Scratch my last post @Adnan provided tweets to the contrary straight away! :lol:

Anyway, if he's not coming here, I hope it's to you, just so long as not another PL team.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I’d rather see him at Madrid than Liverpool. Couldn’t bear to see a player perfect for us move to Pool at least he’d be in a different league.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid: FFS NOT AGAIN :lol:

Has this always been a thing? Can’t remember players agreeing with multiple parties and then deciding which one to go with.

rbdoconnor

Madrid: FFS NOT AGAIN :lol:

Has this always been a thing? Can’t remember players agreeing with multiple parties and then deciding which one to go with.
Always been a thing... Hazard united and chelsea, Benzema madrid and united, Greizmann barca/athletico, Mbappe..

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Please Madrid, steal a young french jewel. Show those pesky Ligue 1 teams you mean business :(

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Watching that analysis video above, it worries me greatly that we won't have a pure DM if we got him. If he's the type that goes after the ball and follows it rather than being in the right position all the time then we'll be as wide open as ever through the middle. He'd be no different to McTominay in that sense who constantly leaves the middle open, even if Tchouameni is a better player (I have never watched him so I've no idea).

Also if he's not good in tight spaces then teams will press him constantly and he'll lose the ball. Someone tell me he's better than he looks in that video.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Real Madrid training our national team's future in midfield, good for them if they get him....seems like it's been a rough couple of days over there.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Are both Real Madrid and Liverpool not strange fits for him given their current personnel? Casemiro is only 30 and plays that DM position for Madrid and Liverpool have both Fabinho and Thiago that play in that area.

Seems weird for him to go someplace where he doesn’t even play most of the time.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Are both Real Madrid and Liverpool not strange fits for him given their current personnel? Casemiro is only 30 and plays that DM position for Madrid and Liverpool have both Fabinho and Thiago that play in that area.

Seems weird for him to go someplace where he doesn’t even play most of the time.
Don’t forget Madrid also have Camavinga, which makes this pursuit even more unnecessary.

They need CM with creativity to replace Modric, rather than another DM or box to box ball winner.

croadyman

Don’t forget Madrid also have Camavinga, which makes this pursuit even more unnecessary.

They need CM with creativity to replace Modric, rather than another DM or box to box ball winner.
He cannot go to the scousers NO WAY

dinostar77

I take it he will be long term replacement for casemiro?

Anyone know why we werent interested in him? Is he a DM who sits infront of the back four or a seek and destory type like kante?

I am wondering with our links to rice and de jong whether utd want a more jorginho/carrick type of player in front of the back four.

Mani

If he don't get chance to play now he would get in near future, its Real Madrid you see, the pull is strong.That MF need some young legs.

gajender

I take it he will be long term replacement for casemiro?

Anyone know why we werent interested in him? Is he a DM who sits infront of the back four or a seek and destory type like kante?

I am wondering with our links to rice and de jong whether utd want a more jorginho/carrick type of player in front of the back four.
More Kante like could do job as a DM but don't think that's the best use of his skill set .

He is defensive box to box midfielder that's why his links with Madrid don't make sense to me .

Status
Not open for further replies.