Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Unfortunately, this sets the market... vastly inferior players will now be going for more than they should.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
We're already there with West Ham valuing Declan Rice at 150m pounds for over a year now
I think that was a pipe dream or purely to ward suitors off. But if Real are paying that for young talent, it solidifies claims for other clubs to sell at equivalent prices. Granted PSG are probably the driver here, but this sale price has exceeded all expectations.

Rolaholic

Funny enough, it's been reported that Klopp actually went to Monaco to talk to him but got turned down :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
As much as I love Tchouameni and think he is/going to be world class, that's a lot of money.

He's going to have a fair bit of pressure on him that's for sure. Luckily they can take their time with a pretty solid midfield already in place.

Cathy Ferguson

If only Ole had spent 75m on this guy instead of Sancho last summer things would have look different. Not signing a CM was utter madness.

Xaviboy

Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Valverde, Camavinga & now Tchouameni.

We don't even have a midfielder who'd get a game over any of them!
Yeah great midfield options that. Has it all, energy and intelligence mixed.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Madrid had the money burning a hole in their pocket after they had been banking and saving up for Mbappe. With Camavinga, Tchouameni and if rumours are to be believed Bellingham next summer their midfield will be set for years and they will still have Modric, Kroos, Casimeiro to play and phase out as it suits them. Good work Florentino . It also highlights the work Utd need to do in midfield to catch up for all this talk of Timber and Nunez, midfield is where we really need reinforcements and ultimately where ETH will win or lose.
Not one of those players will ever been close to the technical brilliance of Modric. I think without that magician type in the middle, there midfield will be weaker.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Not one of those players will ever been close to the technical brilliance of Modric. I think without that magician type in the middle, there midfield will be weaker.
I agree. Creativity is needed at key moments. I don't know if Bellingham is the one but I would try to sign him this year, to replace Isco and maybe Ceballos, if he goes to Betis.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I agree. Creativity is needed at key moments. I don't know if Bellingham is the one but I would try to sign him this year, to replace Isco and maybe Ceballos, if he goes to Betis.
Where is the magic, outside of the boot, over the top assit out of nothing?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He isn't coming here.

Here is how this ends, PSG will offer something outlandish like 150 millions, RM and Liverpool will natually view that as insane(which it is) and call it quits.

Thank me later.

RoyH1

Can only imagine the crazy lobbying from Benzema and Mbappé at the French national team gathering

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You’d think Kroos would be the most expendable of the midfielders they currently have, right?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't know while no one knows about the future surely as of now casemiro is still the better player.

ti vu

I don't know while no one knows about the future surely as of now casemiro is still the better player.
Casemiro may have games where his experience trumps. However over the course of last season, Tchouameni is the better player. Casemiro form has been inconsistent for a while now. Not exactly same position though. Settling in that RM is another different ball game together. Having a French speaking group and Don Carlo around maybe huge help.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Once upen a time you got a Cristiano Ronaldo for 100 million Euros.

Now you get Tchouameni who has done nothing in the world of Football.

Castia

Madrid's aging midfield already being addressed with Camavinga and Tchouaméni. Madrid are set for the next 10 years.

The top brass at PSG must be fecking useless, there's a sea of top class young French players that they seem to ignore until it's too late because their too busy paying former stars millions per week.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Casemiro may have games where his experience trumps. However over the course of last season, Tchouameni is the better player. Casemiro form has been inconsistent for a while now. Not exactly same position though. Settling in that RM is another different ball game together. Having a French speaking group and Don Carlo around maybe huge help.
You may be right but peak wise i don't think this young lad could pull off the performance casemiro did in the final.
But yeah you're right , seeing how much they're paying for him it would be better to work on him being the starter from this season on.

RoyH1

I agree, bizarre price if you ask me.
Probably not helped by the d*ck measuring contest that Florentino Pérez has going on with PSG's Al Khelafi. Those two are going to make things more expensive for each other for the foreseeable future.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bellingham's essentially a more technical version of Fede. To replace Modric in a like-for-like we'd need someone like Bernardo Silva

I think Camavinga has everything to become that player though

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Bellingham's essentially a more technical version of Fede. To replace Modric in a like-for-like we'd need someone like Bernardo Silva

I think Camavinga has everything to become that player though
There is no 1on1 replacement for someone like Modric (or Kroos/Casemiro tbh). We hit the jackpot with that one.

I think our best best bet would be to see if a midfield of Valverde-Tchou-Cama will work. On paper I believe it should but it might not of course. I’d like to give them the chance though, Carlo even made a 442 work with Isco-Kroos-Modric-James.

Status
Not open for further replies.