Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I might be wrong but the few Monaco games i watched, they were playing with a double-pivot in the midfield and Tchouameni looked the most attacking oriented of them. Doesn't look a DM to me. I tried to explain it to some Madrid fans, but they seem to have a magical thinking about some teansfers; like: "everything is gonna be ok", "tactical aspects are not so relevant", "we'll have enough fresh legs in the middle." Apparently they grow bored of their players and just want to see new toys, no matter what.
It's not the only system they played. They also started to use 4-1-4-1 at some point and apparently he adapted well to both formations.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The issue with Tchouaméni has The DM is that the way he impacts the game defensively is by chasing opponents and ball carriers. For Monaco it generally means a center midfield that is wide open when Tchouaméni doesn't stop the opposition relatively high, he is also good a cleaning up his own mistakes but it's still an issue that can and is exploited by opponents. That's why I compared him to Matuidi who had a similar issue and was generally bad as the DM despite being a fairly disciplined and intelligent player.

Also regarding the clip in the other thread, for about 5 minutes he was extremely poor in all phases even his challenges where clumsy, then he tried those 3 or 4 passes straight to the opposition. It looked like he was impersonating Griezmann.

Status
Not open for further replies.