Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo88

Who gives a feck....they do not play in the Premier League!
it’s not that. It’s about how a club with a similar financial warchest conducts their business. And how instead of the likes ofCamavinga we are in discussions for Kalvin Phillips and god knows who else.

Nero

it’s not that. It’s about how a club with a similar financial warchest conducts their business. And how instead of the likes ofCamavinga we are in discussions for Kalvin Phillips and god knows who else.
It's a lot easier to conduct business when pretty much every footballer on the planet wants to play for you.

NoPace

We’ve heard these exact sentiments about so many pairings in the past, so you know how many times it’s borne true? Zero.
Did people not say this when Kroos signed for Madrid to join Madrid in 2014?

My guess is it'll be 2 of Valverde/Camavinga/Tchouameni and Madrid will buy a Modric type to link play when he leaves in a year or two, maybe Wirtz if Bayern don't get him to replace Muller or Dortmund to replace Reus. Or the'll play all 3 of the now signed guys and try to build a Klopp style team, though I have no idea who the playmaking right back will be, though if their academy LB who apparently ran our Alvaro and Reguilon out of town is the player he probably is, they may have one on the left in 1-2 years.

Bwuk

It'd make sense for PSG tbh. They don't have a brilliant midfield. A very top heavy side.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
So unless he really wants Madrid and willing to run down his contract, PSG it is. No way Perez is paying 100m, especially for a midfielder.

Verratti-Tchouameni is a great midfield.

RoyH1

Safe to say that PSG is going to increasing the price of every player Madrid covets now.

bosskeano

The Spanish tax issue is going to play a role in the price as well considering Monaco is a principality and the spanish gov't will expect them to pay taxes on the transfer as has happened in the past

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Not going to lie, if Madrid miss out on every target this summer, it will be bloody hilarious.

InfiniteBoredom

Perez is getting the NAK special treatment it seems, I’m surprised PSG hasn’t offered to pay Vini or Benzema release clause yet.

MUFC OK

Happy for him to go to Real or PSG. Wont be coming here and he'd greatly improve the scousers.

RoyH1

Perez is getting the NAK special treatment it seems, I’m surprised PSG hasn’t offered to pay Vini or Benzema release clause yet.
There's no way even Ceferin could defend PSG in public opinion if they pay those clauses. They are way above market value

Superden

a billion euro release clause on Vinicius jr. thats what only 3 times their total spend on Mbappe.
its free money for PSG, literally just floats out of the ground. bet they are tempted.

DevilRed

For that sort of money? No thanks.

We should be able to find similar out there for less money, if our scouts were competent.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Sigh. We had a free run at him last summer and chose to sign Saul on loan instead.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
For that sort of money? No thanks.

We should be able to find similar out there for less money, if our scouts were competent.
Maybe discount BTech versions of him. Guy is already a brilliant player and has best defensive midfielder in the world potential, that's why he is priced that much. No scout is going to find a better DM prospect around right now, not even Rice who is priced even more because of the English tax (while still being excellent).

DevilRed

Maybe discount BTech versions of him. Guy is already a brilliant player and has best defensive midfielder in the world potential, that's why he is priced that much. No scout is going to find a better DM prospect around right now, not even Rice who is priced even more because of the English tax (while still being excellent).
Don't disagree but I think FDJ might be the better fit for us.

OmarUnited4ever

PSG is causing issues to Real Madrid :lol: :lol:

Anyway... Madrid will probably get rid of Caballos and maybe Modric will have one more final season, so in 12 months or so, 2 CMs will leave and Tchouameni will get the time he needs to gel with the team and earn a spot, along side Casemiro, Kroos, Valverde and Camavinga.

But I see why PSG need him, I think they will get rid of at least one of Herrera, Danilo, Gaye, Wjinaldom and Parades, maybe even 2, and Tchouameni alongside Veratti and a another CM could be a good prospect for midfield stability and balance.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Sigh. We had a free run at him last summer and chose to sign Saul on loan instead.
Every top team had a free run at him last summer and decided not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.