Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I worried this summer is going to be another tragic in our midfield pursuit. I feel best we could get is Phillips..

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We need a transition season or two anyway. Get Mitchell and go full value but with main stage appeal in two years. That’s where we are at. There are stars to be found and a team to develop. Just embrace it. Grab Darwin and Antony and a DM and hope for the best next year

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We need a transition season or two anyway. Get Mitchell and go full value but with main stage appeal in two years. That’s where we are at. There are stars to be found and a team to develop. Just embrace it. Grab Darwin and Antony and a DM and hope for the best next year
True but it'll be hard to bridge the gap when the teams so far ahead are rebuilding with far better talents than the ones we get.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This would be a painful one. Not coming here but I was hoping Madrid would grab him. He's quality.

Chicharo

True but it'll be hard to bridge the gap when the teams so far ahead are rebuilding with far better talents than the ones we get.
Agree. We need players who will develop in a year or two, but we also need instant quality.
With today's news I just keep wondering how many players we will sign and more importantly whom, since Rangnick talking about getting 10 players is rubbish

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Agree. We need players who will develop in a year or two, but we also need instant quality.
With today's news I just keep wondering how many players we will sign and more importantly whom, since Rangnick talking about getting 10 players is rubbish
We need a lot, but that couldn’t be accomplished in one window. Will take us a few seasons of transfer windows to get all we need.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Liverpool could realistically get Tchouameni and Thiago for a combined 50 million. I understand that they're an attractive place right now but unless we get into this habit of signing genuine quality for a decent fee it'll be hard for us to close the gap. The players we are currently being linked with do not sound great tbh.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Surely he is worth more than 30 mil?

We should be interested just to increase the price up even if he doesn't want to come here.

It's the one thing that's shit about our club - players become more expensive as soon as we are the team interested.

Other clubs get really cheap quality players. I don't really blame the scouts or anything.

Feels like we are a club that enters in to any situation with very expensive designer clothing - to almost show that we are rich and have money so things become expensive almost instantly as a result.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Liverpool could realistically get Tchouameni and Thiago for a combined 50 million. I understand that they're an attractive place right now but unless we get into this habit of signing genuine quality for a decent fee it'll be hard for us to close the gap. The players we are currently being linked with do not sound great tbh.
But Liverpool is a club capable of winning CL plus a couple of trophies every year, of course it would be a more attractive place for top talents/players.

We are a club in a huge mess and big transitional period, we simply need to take steps to build our way up with less attractive signings.

MDFC Manager

We're still getting our house in order and who would want to join us not being able to offer CL football if teams like Liverpool come knocking.
We'll have to get the next one.
There's always Bellingham we can get for 120m :D

NoPace

3 years on his contract and it looks like going to make another Ligue 1 team of the year (did last year) at age 22 and 8 caps for France (no player his age has as many).

30M has to be a first offer if it's real. This is the profile of a 55-60M player.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Is that Tweeter reliable? Sounds absolutely made up - why would his club accept such an offer when he is a literal £50m+ player?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yeah it must be bs, has to be.
He's their prized asset and one of the most praised midfielders on the continent, let alone just in France; if there was ever a time for them to push the boat out and try and maximise profit, this would be it. £30m isn't even an acceptable entry point for haggling, which leads me to believe this is rubbish.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's their prized asset and one of the most praised midfielders on the continent, let alone just in France; if there was ever a time for them to push the boat out and try and maximise profit, this would be it. £30m isn't even an acceptable entry point for haggling, which leads me to believe this is rubbish.
They could easily get 70 mil for the lad , especially now considering that Madrid must be after him as well.

Woodzy

It's pretty funny how City are chasing a title and Liverpool chasing a quadruple yet both are making significant signings towards challenging next season.

Funny is the correct word, right? :(

Vapor trail

It's pretty funny how City are chasing a title and Liverpool chasing a quadruple yet both are making significant signings towards challenging next season.

Funny is the correct word, right? :(
There's no chance they sell him for 30 million it's rubbish. Look at the sales of Mbappe, Lemar and Bernardo Silva all sold for over 50 million euros.

ShinjiNinja26

Liverpool and City are on a different level to us right now so it’s no surprise top players would rather go there at the moment. I’m not too worried tbh we just need to be clever. Liverpool were shopping in a different market to us when Klopp assembled the majority of their squad, they made smart buys on players the top teams weren’t looking at and it’s worked out alright for them. The 2 big money signings they did make were the icing on the cake to take them from challengers to champions. We’re a million miles away from either right now.

MUFC OK

Surely he is worth more than 30 mil?
He's worth more like 70m in my opinion. Will be the best CM in the world in the next couple of years. Interception stats are amongst the best in europe (2nd highest) but he can also playmake from deep to an elite level. Certain he'll end up at scousers and thats terrible news for everyone else.

romufc

Liverpool and City are on a different level to us right now so it’s no surprise top players would rather go there at the moment. I’m not too worried tbh we just need to be clever. Liverpool were shopping in a different market to us when Klopp assembled the majority of their squad, they made smart buys on players the top teams weren’t looking at and it’s worked out alright for them. The 2 big money signings they did make were the icing on the cake to take them from challengers to champions. We’re a million miles away from either right now.
Exactly, we always go into a summer saying x player is needed if he goes somewhere else its curtains. We get the player and we dont play well or he doesn't improve.

We need to find players that will get to that calibre but yet to prove it. Thats the only way we are getting back to competing. Hungry players who want to improve.

MUFC OK

Exactly, we always go into a summer saying x player is needed if he goes somewhere else its curtains. We get the player and we dont play well or he doesn't improve.

We need to find players that will get to that calibre but yet to prove it. Thats the only way we are getting back to competing. Hungry players who want to improve.
He was easily identifiable back in 2020 as being a huge talent. I literally earmarked him from whoscored stats, compilations and then watching him 5 or 6 times.. and this is not my job :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There is no way a talent like Tchaoumeni is going for 30m :lol: relax guys.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

We need coaching. The vast majority of our signings and poor signings are player that were supposed to get to that caliber and hadn't proved it. None of them proved a thing or improved a thing and it's highly unlikely that they are all the issue.
But even among confirmed players, someone like Thiago initially struggled but the perks of being well coached is that it's never over.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yep.

We're inevitably going to miss out on some top targets to City, Liverpool and others, because they're obviously a much more attractive proposition at the moment. That's just how things go.

But it still leaves plenty of talent available who will improve us sufficiently, particularly in the shorter term as our more realistic rivals aren't City and Liverpool themselves but rather other top four contenders like Arsenal and Spurs, who will also miss out on targets to the big two.

As long as we're accurately targetting the best and most suitable of the rest, we'll be fine. I'm much more curious/anxious to see us signing the right types of players than I am any particular individual.

romufc

He was easily identifiable back in 2020 as being a huge talent. I literally earmarked him from whoscored stats, compilations and then watching him 5 or 6 times.. and this is not my job :lol:
Yep, but there is one thing I have been saying for years is that the Manutd scouting is non existent. They scout players that other clubs are looking at or ones that anyone can see.

You dont need to be a scout to identify Rice, Sancho, Maguire etc... but it takes a good scout to identify Tchouameni in 2020. We had threads about him over a year ago and really should have signed him last summer.

We really make big deals about our signing, added media attention, adds value.

Clubs who conduct their business, hardly get drawn into a massive saga. Liverpool signed Jota, Konate, Dias with no fuss.

City have just gone and signed Haaland with no fuss before the window opens, there is a reason why they are at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.