Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He was easily identifiable back in 2020 as being a huge talent. I literally earmarked him from whoscored stats, compilations and then watching him 5 or 6 times.. and this is not my job :lol:
It would have been awful for him to move abroad in 2020, he was very inconsistent for Monaco, he looked talented but the holes in his game were pretty big which was part of the reason why Monaco were conceding opportunities for fun. The same applies to Fofana but Tchouaméni improved a lot.

Last edited:

romufc

We need coaching. The vast majority of our signings and poor signings are player that were supposed to get to that caliber and hadn't proved it. None of them proved a thing or improved a thing and it's highly unlikely that they are all the issue.
But even among confirmed players, someone like Thiago initially struggled but the perks of being well coached is that it's never over.
Yep, we are in desperate need of coaching at this football club. We have players at the club that can become brilliant with a good coaching system.

MUFC OK

Yep, but there is one thing I have been saying for years is that the Manutd scouting is non existent. They scout players that other clubs are looking at or ones that anyone can see.

You dont need to be a scout to identify Rice, Sancho, Maguire etc... but it takes a good scout to identify Tchouameni in 2020. We had threads about him over a year ago and really should have signed him last summer.

We really make big deals about our signing, added media attention, adds value.

Clubs who conduct their business, hardly get drawn into a massive saga. Liverpool signed Jota, Konate, Dias with no fuss.

City have just gone and signed Haaland with no fuss before the window opens, there is a reason why they are at the top.
Completely agree. We just have different priorities as a club. We really need to stop signing obvious targets who will come at a premium and identify these targets early on. Even more frustrating is that we could put together a better package than Liveprool but we still arent certain whether he's the CM we want. We are at risk of shopping for third rate players this summer.

Mainoldo

United aren't competing with Real/City/Liverpool/PSG this summer. We're competing with Newcastle.
It’s not a very star quality market anyway. Not much quality out there these days. So not really a worry. This summer will be all about who scouts best and we all know our scouts are rubbish.

MUFC OK

It would have been awful for him to move abroad in 2020, he was very inconsistent for Monaco, he looked talented but the holes in his game were pretty big which was part of the reason why Monaco were conceding opportunities for fun. The same applis to Fofana but Tchouaméni improved a lot.
Good point, Fofana was the other one I was looking at along with Camara at St. Ettiene.

To be honest, it would be good for a start if we were looking in the right leagues. Bundesliga players for example have shown to translate badly into PL football, especially forwards. Ligue 1 stars and players in Portugal seem to have a higher success rate when making the move.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Completely agree. We just have different priorities as a club. We really need to stop signing obvious targets who will come at a premium and identify these targets early on. Even more frustrating is that we could put together a better package than Liveprool but we still arent certain whether he's the CM we want. We are at risk of shopping for third rate players this summer.
I don't know about that, the teams that are above us largely sign obvious targets, that includes Liverpool. If anything we are the ones who go after less obvious or highly flawed signings and decide to pay large fees.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Remember when we signed Pogba, Mhiki and Zlatan and Liverpool signed Winjaldum, Klavan and Matip?

haru krentz

Dont worry guys we'll wait for ETH to arrive at Carrington so he can assess our squad first and (perhaps) only then we can start putting a list of players to buy and make phone call to clubs and agents asking their client's availability (only to find out the players have agreed to move to somewhere else). Transfer is so complicated, look at how long it took Liverpool to sign Fabinho, Thiago, and Luis Diaz and we've learnt our lesson from Moyes' era, RIGHT??

MUFC OK

Dont worry guys we'll wait for ETH to arrive at Carrington so he can assess our squad first and (perhaps) only then we can start putting a list of players to buy and make phone call to clubs and agents asking their client's availability (only to find out the players have agreed to move to somewhere else). Transfer is so complicated, look at how long it took Liverpool to sign Fabinho, Thiago, and Luis Diaz and we've learnt our lesson from Moyes' era, RIGHT??
Obviously, we'll sit on our hands until all of the good options are gone. It might be that this summer is a bit of a write off as other clubs identified concrete targets months ago :(

Lee565

It's pretty funny how City are chasing a title and Liverpool chasing a quadruple yet both are making significant signings towards challenging next season.

Funny is the correct word, right? :(
And before the season has even ended but we will go into panic mode again and buy Lesser talent for double their value

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
He's their prized asset and one of the most praised midfielders on the continent, let alone just in France; if there was ever a time for them to push the boat out and try and maximise profit, this would be it. £30m isn't even an acceptable entry point for haggling, which leads me to believe this is rubbish.
Jota - valued at 70 million when united called - eventually sold to Liverpool for a 2.5 million down payment with 7 million a year for 5 years. Oh and some crap youth player went in the other direction on a separate deal.

Monaco will probably sell him for 30 million then post a video on their twitter feed of their remaining squad singing the 'walk alone' song and saying that they hope they play liverpool next season so they can have the honour of being beaten 8-0 by them.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
It's pretty funny how City are chasing a title and Liverpool chasing a quadruple yet both are making significant signings towards challenging next season.

Funny is the correct word, right? :(
Can be explained - City panicked buy after missing out on CL, Liverpool panicked buy after almost missing out on Quadruple.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Don’t think we are even competing with Newcastle because we can’t. More like Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham. :wenger:
I highly doubt Man Utd is shopping in the same transfer market/pool as Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham and Newcastle.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
such a good player. he’d be absolutely perfect for us. it sucks that he will probably end up at a rival.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
such a good player. he’d be absolutely perfect for us. it sucks that he will probably end up at a rival.

I think he will suit the PL better than De Jong but you can't deny that De Jong (if he does end up here) suits the way ETH will want to play due to their past, can't see ETH looking for a player for Tchouameni's profile and I also think as someone who believes in himself that he reckons he can go to Liverpool etc and start..

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
There’s certain players you just gotta go all out for. I’d say him and Frenkie are the two we really need going into next season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think he will suit the PL better than De Jong but you can't deny that De Jong (if he does end up here) suits the way ETH will want to play due to their past, can't see ETH looking for a player for Tchouameni's profile and I also think as someone who believes in himself that he reckons he can go to Liverpool etc and start..
Depends how he wants to play, but they'd make an insane pairing that's for sure. If i'm united manager im splashing the cash on those 2 this summer and working from there.

No CL this year could really hit us where it hurts in terms of a quick rebuild.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Depends how he wants to play, but they'd make an insane pairing that's for sure. If i'm united manager im splashing the cash on those 2 this summer and working from there.

If we could make that pair believe in our plan, I'd genuinely start to believe things may change, I'll concede when I see more than rumours as I still worry it will be Phillips and Calvert Lewin

Bwuk

Tchouameni & De Jong for 110m.

That would utterly transform us as a team.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Fingers crossed he goes to Real Madrid. But with Madrid 's CM options he'll probably go to Liverpool.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Maybe we should seeing as they seem to do better business than us
These clubs have less resources and have to take risk for unproven or relative unknown players. For Man Utd I just don't see the reason to take the risk as long as the scout department/DOF work with the coach to identify the right player that will work with his tactics. For Arsenal, every Odegaard transfer there is Pepe, Mavropanos, Mari, Torreira, Papastathopoulos, Lichtsteiner and Willian. Arsenal's transfer has nothing to rave about.

Deery

Dreary
Tchouameni & De Jong for 110m.

That would utterly transform us as a team.
I think we should just do that and wrap up the transfer window but probably need a right back as well..

Newstyle

I do prefer Tchouameni over De Jong, unpopular opinion?

Basically he is more of what we need.

FerociousCorgis

I think we should just do that and wrap up the transfer window but probably need a right back as well..
depending on ronaldo would prob need a CF as well. Plus prob need a CB if we finally get rid of the trash with bailly/jones etc. Then just hope we can improve the fullbacks or maybe bring up one of the youth guys to fill that spot for next season. Would be a pretty legit window that would be focused and have a purpose

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

If we have a half decent team and a good coach, we can easily get top 3 next year. EPL would have 5 spots in CL.

I dont think lack of CL would be a reason for not joining us. It's just that some players don't want to take a challenge given we were rebuilding. I would clearly stay away from such players anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.