Australian open (men)…

sidsutton

I was gonna start one of these too, Veedey.

The men's draw is probably the worst I have seen since I have been following tennis. I don't think there is one 1st round match that grabs my attention(maybe Youzhny-Gasquet). Injuries have totally decimated the field and even players who ARE in the draw are injury doubt(Safin, Federer, Moya to name 3).

It's impossible to pick a winner from the men's draw, but I hope for good showings from a few of the players I enjoy watching - Federer, Grosjean, Gonzalez, Srichaphan.

sidsutton

And I hope Serena comletes her slam. She's my favourite woman player.

Also hoping for a win or two from Elena Baltacha, the ONLY Brit playing. :(

sidsutton

Just saw Baltacha's draw - Alexandra Stevenson. There goes her chances!

But she did beat a seed at Wimbledon, so who knows.

Veedey

Originally posted by sidsutton:
<strong>Also hoping for a win or two from Elena Baltacha, the ONLY Brit playing. :( </strong><hr></blockquote>

It’s a pity that Henman is injured. Moreover he’s ill and today he wasn’t able to travel in US to continue his rehabilitation with his coach.

sidsutton

Honestly, I've never known Henman be as ill ans injured as he has since he got Stefanki as his coach.

I also put part of the blame on Stefanki for the shoulder injury. I believe that changing Henman's serving style to more of a kick serve oreinted one was the root cause of the shoulder problems.

sidsutton

On a completely different note, what do you think of the rumoured proposals to move the Aussie Open back to March?

I think it is a great idea, long overdue.

There should also be a bigger gap between Roland Garros and Wimbledon.