Austrian Bundesliga

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
We have the thread about Håland (https://www.redcafe.net/threads/erling-håland.447531/) but he plays for Salzburg so :)

Of course no shock that Salzburg have won all of their league games (7 out of 7) but the goal-difference is really impressive 34-6.
But even more impressive are their performances so far because their game under Jesse Marsch has reached a new higher level.....so i'm really looking forward if they can play such football in their european games too.

They have done well in their last two Europa League campaigns (Semi-final + Last 16 Round) and now they are finally in the CL group stage.
I have said it already in the "CL draw thread" a few weeks ago that i reckon Salzburg will give Liverpool & Neapel four hard games (Genk are a good side too) and to reach the knock-out stage isn't unrealistic.

ShareEndorphins

Supports
Chelsea
Yes they usually dominate apart from the beginning of a season were they get used to the new coach and new players but they really stepped up this season.

GuyfromAustria

Salzburg's management is amazing, just look at the players they lost since 2018 - Haidara, Caleta-Car, Lazaro, Berisha, Dabbur, Schlager, Lainer, Wolf, Samassekou, Gulbrandsen and so on. And that's without mentioning those who left them some years ago like Mané, Keita, Alan, Soriano, Hinteregger, Upamecano...Yet they are not only dominating the league every year, they are great in Europe too, apart from all the weird crashing out of the CL qualifiers bit. But credit to them for playing that good in the EL that they earned a spot in the CL through it.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Salzburg's management is amazing, just look at the players they lost since 2018 - Haidara, Caleta-Car, Lazaro, Berisha, Dabbur, Schlager, Lainer, Wolf, Samassekou, Gulbrandsen and so on. And that's without mentioning those who left them some years ago like Mané, Keita, Alan, Soriano, Hinteregger, Upamecano...Yet they are not only dominating the league every year, they are great in Europe too, apart from all the weird crashing out of the CL qualifiers bit. But credit to them for playing that good in the EL that they earned a spot in the CL through it.
+ they are finding good coaches like Adi Hütter, Marco Rose and now probably Jesse Marsch.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I stopped watching Austrian football long ago with my childhood club Rapid having got worse and worse each year.
Glad to say that I did not witness such a downfall with United...oh wait.

RB Salzburg might be one of the best managed clubs worldwide. Instead of trying to make money out of the club like our owners Mateschitz is investing a lot of his money into his sport projects.

roodey

I am really happy for my hometown club Wolfsberger AC! Great football night which no one expected to happen :D

Precaution

Used to be a bucketload of goals in the last 10 mins of these games, great for betting but not so much this season, Salzburg score too much way too early in the game which is rather annoying. Good to see LASK doing well though.

ShareEndorphins

Supports
Chelsea
Good week for the Austrians!
6-2 for Salzburg
4-0 for Wolfsberg
1-0 for LASK