Authentic Football Shirt vs Standard Shirt

ChaddyP

I realize I'm at risk of sounding like a total wanker, but here goes...

I've got a few authentic shirts and a bunch of replicas. Authentic have a much better fit, are lighter, and "breathe" better. Worth every penny IMO.
I bet your one of those fit gym going cnuts that eats right and does cardio and what not.

I'm also this and that's why I ordered an authentic shirt

Moorie86

haven’t had a proper shirt since 2016 away one was sale in Sports direct.

All my tops come from Soccer Lords. Only the Aberdeen ones come from club shop these days and one of them comes as part of being a DNA member anyway

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
haven’t had a proper shirt since 2016 away one was sale in Sports direct.

All my tops come from Soccer Lords. Only the Aberdeen ones come from club shop these days and one of them comes as part of being a DNA member anyway
Are they the same quality? Or are they like the stuff those guys peddle outside Old Trafford with different logos etc?

What sort of postage is it?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I bet your one of those fit gym going cnuts that eats right and does cardio and what not.

I'm also this and that's why I ordered an authentic shirt
I'm a gym cnut and I try to eat right, but I avoid cardio at all costs.

Moorie86

Are they the same quality? Or are they like the stuff those guys peddle outside Old Trafford with different logos etc?

I’ve been ordering for 10 years now and hey look like the exact same thing you get in the shop. Best got a size up though as seem to made a little bit smaller. Definitely not like the ones you’d find outside the ground Or the Chinese shops in Portugal .

they all come in the official Adidas, Nike etc packaging and tags

Moorie86

Sorry about £6 postage but free if you send over £50

dinostar77

I've ordered from here in the past:

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/

Years ago i got a spare unworn AC Milan 05-06 i think first team squad shirt (with number on the back but no player as it was unassigned). The material is just so much nicer than replica shirts.

Castia

I always buy the standard. I actually feel the authentic looks better but I refuse to pay £100 for a top.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Last United shirt I bought was the famous 1985 edition with the weird hoops. I got it without the sponsor name on it, which was annoying at the time. Even back then the 35£ (or whatever it was) was an outrageous price.

Moorie86

Just sounds too good to be true is all.
Yeah it seems that way. Don’t get me wrong one or two I’ve had issue with gut stitching and las seasons benfica 3rd top badge came off after a year of wear not bad considering it’s over 10 years of purchase with only a few issues

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I bought one recently, it was €90 in Dublin and has the stripes on the shoulder. (Is that what people mean?)

the material is much better than before. The old ones always gave me a static electric discharge when taking them off. This one doesn’t; the material feels better quality.

only thing is I notice a thread starting to come out already so not sure if that’s because of washing it or the cat sitting on me

first time I’ve thought in a long time that the top looks good enough for me to splash money out on

Anekdote

vs dhgate shirt
Isn’t there any issues with your local customs when you order a shirt from China, which is mostly obviously a fake?

Since 1. July in EU, all delivieries from outside from EU will be checked and their real price value estimated and then charge you extra tax fee from estimated value and processing fee.

Deery

Dreary
Just checked and mines doesn’t arrive for nearly 3 weeks, that’s bollox!

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Does anybody have the authentic shirt and know the difference? Is worth the extra money? Seems to come down the materials used, but also a woven badge is mentioned for the standard shirt? I also saw a poster saying the authentic one doesn't tolerate the wash well.

Price is 79.95 vs 114.95£

Description for the standard shirt:
https://store.manutd.com/en/manches...-967-3671161632?_ref=p-ALP:m-GRID:i-r0c1:po-1

Youth. Courage. Success. The three pillars of Manchester United's motto have brought the club more than a century of triumphs. With its clean red design and white ribbed crewneck, this adidas home jersey takes inspiration from the iconic kit that carried them to some of their most memorable moments. Made for fans, its soft fabric and moisture-absorbing AEROREADY will keep you comfortable as a new generation of players target supremacy. A woven badge on the chest and devil signoff under the back collar put your football loyalty on display.

And the authentic shirt:

https://store.manutd.com/en/manches...P:m-YMAL:pi-PDP_RECOMMENDATIONS_2:i-r0c0:po-0

Youth. Courage. Success. The three pillars of Manchester United's motto have brought the club more than a century of triumphs. With its clean red design and white ribbed crewneck, this adidas authentic football jersey takes inspiration from the iconic kit that carried them to some of their most memorable moments. Built to perform on the pitch, it combines cooling HEAT.RDY with lightweight details. A devil sign-off on the back shows your pride. This product is made with Primegreen, a series of high-performance recycled materials.

meamth

It’s probably best for you to take a shower or bath at that stage or maybe wash the jersey
No..if you play with it, the smell doesn't go away, you wore it for a bit, the smell comes back fast. I've owned quite a lot of fake ones.

Compared to the original, it does made a difference.

Merk78

I let my lad use his own money to buy the away shirt when we were down last month, little lesson in learning the value of things. However I’ve also bought him the hooky home strip. Honestly, I’m hard pushed to find anything negative to say on a direct comparison on quality of the tops.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The Megastore is an odd sight. Presuming they expected Sancho to be a big star right away and be pushing a lot of shirts. Ronaldo put paid to that.

Right now there are no adult shirts (home, away or 3rd) in any of the most popular sizes, a few blank XXLs, but wall-to-wall shirts in literally nothing but all variations of Sancho printings in S and XL and larger. There’s literally not a single shirt pre-printed for anyone else.

Distribution problems were seeing a lot of people walking away disappointed

Red00012

The Megastore is an odd sight. Presuming they expected Sancho to be a big star right away and be pushing a lot of shirts. Ronaldo put paid to that.

Right now there are no adult shirts (home, away or 3rd) in any of the most popular sizes, a few blank XXLs, but wall-to-wall shirts in literally nothing but all variations of Sancho printings in S and XL and larger. There’s literally not a single shirt pre-printed for anyone else.

Distribution problems were seeing a lot of people walking away disappointed
No shirt printing on match day either is it any wonder