Authentic Football Shirt vs Standard Shirt

fergieisold

Does anybody have the authentic shirt and know the difference? Is worth the extra money? Seems to come down the materials used, but also a woven badge is mentioned for the standard shirt? I also saw a poster saying the authentic one doesn't tolerate the wash well.

Price is 79.95 vs 114.95£

Description for the standard shirt:
https://store.manutd.com/en/manches...-967-3671161632?_ref=p-ALP:m-GRID:i-r0c1:po-1

Youth. Courage. Success. The three pillars of Manchester United's motto have brought the club more than a century of triumphs. With its clean red design and white ribbed crewneck, this adidas home jersey takes inspiration from the iconic kit that carried them to some of their most memorable moments. Made for fans, its soft fabric and moisture-absorbing AEROREADY will keep you comfortable as a new generation of players target supremacy. A woven badge on the chest and devil signoff under the back collar put your football loyalty on display.

And the authentic shirt:

https://store.manutd.com/en/manches...P:m-YMAL:pi-PDP_RECOMMENDATIONS_2:i-r0c0:po-0

Youth. Courage. Success. The three pillars of Manchester United's motto have brought the club more than a century of triumphs. With its clean red design and white ribbed crewneck, this adidas authentic football jersey takes inspiration from the iconic kit that carried them to some of their most memorable moments. Built to perform on the pitch, it combines cooling HEAT.RDY with lightweight details. A devil sign-off on the back shows your pride. This product is made with Primegreen, a series of high-performance recycled materials.

Eddy_JukeZ

I've got the replica and the quality is really good.

Can't speak for the authentic though.

mu4c_20le

Authentic is worth it if you have the athletic body type for it. Also the authentic man united home shirt has the stripes.

sugar_kane

The authentic versions are increasingly different from the replicas, especially this year with the stripes on the authentic versions.

What I like most is the fit, but also the printing of the badge rather than it being stitched on. Looks miles better. The material is also nicer.

As to whether it's 'worth it', I don't think either authentic or replica is worth the insane price but if you can afford it I'd go for authentic as the replica is hardly cheap.

Andy_Cole

I can always tell the difference between a DHGate kit. It isn’t the same but just how it feels on your skin. For £15 vs £80 who cares I suppose.

I usually get gifted a replica shirt so have a few. I randomly bought a heavily discounted authentic Juve Ronaldo shirt. I wouldn’t pay extra for it.

Deery

Dreary
Authentic top gives me full kit wanker vibes. It’s not like you’re running out at Old Trafford.

Chairman Steve

I haven’t bought a shirt since 2007/08 when I got a home jersey with fecking Tevez 32 on the back :nervous:

Can you still add Premier League badges or Champions League badges on the arms for a few extra quid anymore? I remember doing that for my Tevez shirt and my white 06/07 away shirt with Saha 9 on the back.

decorativeed

Is it true that the authentic kits are worse for wear after multiple washes?
I know someone who works with the kits at Carrington, looks after all the youth team stuff. It it were falling apart before they'd played a dozen matches in it, I'd have heard about it. Just wash at a low heat.

Pronewbie

Peep
I know someone who works with the kits at Carrington, looks after all the youth team stuff. It it were falling apart before they'd played a dozen matches in it, I'd have heard about it. Just wash at a low heat.
Thanks. I've always avoided them because of the price. Now that I'm in shape again I'm tempted :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
As if banging £80 on a shirt isn't enough, you can get the "authentic" kit, that no-one will even know the difference in, for another £35!?

RonaldoVII

I think the player versions are superb. Wouldn't be paying £90+ for one though. China can get my money rather than the Glazers :smirk:

manuchamp88

Can anyone recommend a site like DHGate that doesn't ship from China? Thanks!

choccy77

The players quality shirts are much better quality and colours are better too (was a difference in last years home kit for sure)

I'd buy them not to wear but as part of a collection only.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I realize I'm at risk of sounding like a total wanker, but here goes...

I've got a few authentic shirts and a bunch of replicas. Authentic have a much better fit, are lighter, and "breathe" better. Worth every penny IMO.

Deery

Dreary
I realize I'm at risk of sounding like a total wanker, but here goes...

I've got a few authentic shirts and a bunch of replicas. Authentic have a much better fit, are lighter, and "breathe" better. Worth every penny IMO.
Ben I hope you know you will be judged in the pub £45 will buy a lot of pints, reassess your life choices..

Alfie092

This is the first time in almost a decade I will be buying a kit... purely because of Ronaldo :drool:

Authentic kits are lighter, breathe better and don't rub where the badges are pressed on rather than stitched. Makes a difference when you are playing in them.

For going to watch a game i don't see the point in paying the extra.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Imma keep it real—none of the shirts are worth the money. Football shirts are made for muppets to waste their money on. Top fans con$ume the mo$t.