Film Avengers: Endgame (2019)

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Are people really booking tickets nearly a month in advance? Can’t say I have ever done that. One of the cinemas around here will have tickets available for a late night or morning showing within a week of it opening. And most cnuts will be at work or in bed, so I’ll have the theatre largely to myself. I hate going to the cinema when it’s busy.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Are people really booking tickets nearly a month in advance? Can’t say I have ever done that. One of the cinemas around here will have tickets available for a late night or morning showing within a week of it opening. And most cnuts will be at work or in bed, so I’ll have the theatre largely to myself. I hate going to the cinema when it’s busy.
It depends where you live, in major cities it’s probably no need to get tickets so early if you don’t have regular hour job

Sylar

Last year I booked with almost 2 months left. This time, tickets have gone on sale with less than 3 weeks, and most of the first days are already sold out near my areas (3 of the nearest ones).
Even that damn first row - dont know how people can sit there, necks twisted all as they stare upwards from that close.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
First time I've ever done it but I think the demand is that high to warrant it, if you care about where you're seating.

Last year I got tickets on the day though. Fact that odeon and Vue crashed was enough to convince me.

Drifter

American
What's the reasoning behind this theory?
Just that he was damaged badly from the gauntlet and he as done what he set out to do ,by the look of him at the end of that last trailer he was in no mood to fight.

Hal9000

Wanted to watch it in IMAX, and didn't want to wait weeks to watch it, so had to book. If i wasn't being fussy about IMAX, living in London, i could of probably got away with not booking.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Tickets went on sale here in Hong Kong at 0000 last night and the websites for all the cinemas duly crashed for hours. :rolleyes:

There were even queues outside cinemas this morning. :eek:

Drifter

American
Haven't seen Captain Marvel yet. But if this clip is real she could become very annoying.

reelworld

Haven't seen Captain Marvel yet. But if this clip is real she could become very annoying.

They made her too similar with the comics. This is what she's like there. I don't know why they did that. Every MCU characters IMO is a more likeable version of their comic counterpart. Iron Man wasn't funny in the comics, but RDJ made him funny and likeable, so the newer comics adapt that.

InfiniteBoredom

Being an unjustifiably arrogant person is basically Carol Danvers’s whole schtick in the comics, and it’s also a bit of a gag because she frequently got her comeuppance at the hands of stronger characters.

Moby

Dick
Why? What's wrong with her?
Painfully boring, zero screen presence, constantly smug because she's stupidly OP and the kind of powers leave little to no potential of having engaging action set pieces.

Literally ruined the latest trailer with that smug face at the end. The hammer should have smashed into her.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Painfully boring, zero screen presence, constantly smug because she's stupidly OP and the kind of powers leave little to no potential of having engaging action set pieces.

Literally ruined the latest trailer with that smug face at the end. The hammer should have smashed into her.
:lol:

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Oh, you're probably right. He's everything that Danvers gets accused of being to me. Except red and slightly lispy.
Oh, I could agree that he isn't a likeable character. It's just... Well. Checked out Disneys streaming services yet?

Sanche7

Amen brother.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I haven't seen Captain Marvel (i'm not all that interested in movies about superheroes that can do everything - why I'm never bothered about Superman films)... so I can't really comment on her as a character, but it would be unbelievably shit if she was the reason that they can now defeat Thanos. She literally didn't exist in the first movie.... so would be dreadful story for her to make the difference.

I sort of feel the same with Ant-Man too... (though granted he did exist at the time of the first movie) but really, the interest for me is how these same group of characters now defeat/do something differently in order to defeat Thanos... not just introduce some new people who then do it.

gaz1185

I haven't seen Captain Marvel (i'm not all that interested in movies about superheroes that can do everything - why I'm never bothered about Superman films)... so I can't really comment on her as a character, but it would be unbelievably shit if she was the reason that they can now defeat Thanos. She literally didn't exist in the first movie.... so would be dreadful story for her to make the difference.
She's gained her powers from the Tesseract / Space Stone and in theory has the same level of powers as the stone, even though it's makes her pretty powerful, Thanos has 6 of them. If his gauntlet is still in any working order, the chances are she'll be put on her arse within the first attack they're planning. It will be something to do with the original 6 Avengers finishing off Thanos, there's far too much focus on them.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Some footage has been leaked from a private screening.

Don't fecking guess at a timeline
Yup. Four minute scenes leaked with some major plot lines.

So basically anyone know making speculations should be doing that in the spoilers tag now.

kps88

Feck are they having private screenings for? This should be under lock down.

Re: Leaked Footage

KM

There's been a four minute leaked footage going around, so basically anyone know making speculations should be doing that in the spoilers tag now and obviously please no description and discussion(even vague) for the footage.

Please make a separate conversation(PM) for the leaked footage. Don't derail this thread.

Last edited:

Snafu17

Link? DuckDuckGo mostly gives me some stupid reaction videos.
DM'd you so The Mouse doesn't come knocking on Niall's door. It's the only footage I can find. It was up on Youtube for a couple of hours which I find ridiculous. I got lucky that I was awake at that time. A unexpected benefit of coming home wasted at a dumb hour.

Also someone is going to get sued to shit.

KM

I think it's better that there's no discussion about the leaked footage in here even with spoilers tag. What do you guys say? This thread will look like GOT thread with all the spoilers tag.