Film Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Cal?

CR7 fan
That's interesting. Films get pulled here as new ones enter the rotation, well demoted from the biggest screens (IMAX) and slowly phased out of the big chains entirely. Bet it's not easy to find a showing of it anywhere in the UK now.

Didn't think it'd do much more this run, with the possible remake taking it over the line.
It's not on anywhere as often as it was, but most cinemas still have a few showings per day.

b82REZ

Wow, wonder how much longer that'll be there. Not showing down here.

Was toying with going for a second watch, but that was shut down!
Not sure where you're based but Manchester based cinemas still have a couple of screenings a day, plus with the re-release with the post credit scene it will definitely be on more regularly leading up to Spiderman.

starman

Who's going to see the re-release with additional footage, from 28th June

I've seen it twice (original release) and actually enjoyed it more the second time as I wasn't questioning things so much, but a third time for maybe 10 more minutes of a already 3 hour plus movie, might be pushing it...

EDIT: its end credit scenes, not directors cut

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Hold up they are re-releasing it with a post credit scene? What is the point other than to milk out some more cash. That’s a total douche move or is this the Stan Lee tribute the Rusuos and Feige talked about. They made something with all his B-roll and just scenes of his time in and around all the films but they weren’t sure where to put it but eventually it’ll surface.

Can’t be bothered watching it a 3rd time and the 2nd was honestly a struggle.

macheda14

Hold up they are re-releasing it with a post credit scene? What is the point other than to milk out some more cash. That’s a total douche move or is this the Stan Lee tribute the Rusuos and Feige talked about. They made something with all his B-roll and just scenes of his time in and around all the films but they weren’t sure where to put it but eventually it’ll surface.

Can’t be bothered watching it a 3rd time and the 2nd was honestly a struggle.
Quite a few big blockbusters do a summer re-release anyway just to take in more money. However adding a post credits scene is very sneaky. Although you’ll be able to watch it online pretty soon after it’s re-released

Sylar

Not sure how its a douche move. They arent forcing people to watch it. You either go or dont, its not going to affect other movies or anything.

evil_geko

Re-release is cheating, if it doesn't beat it with original release, everything else is bollocks.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Not sure where you're based but Manchester based cinemas still have a couple of screenings a day, plus with the re-release with the post credit scene it will definitely be on more regularly leading up to Spiderman.
I was referring to the big chains, to be honest, but as Anderson pointed out, it is running in some [big] chains still.

I rarely go anywhere else than Cineworld these days, as they have the biggest screens and best cinematic experience these days (for me) and for the prices these days, it is a risk going to new places or even trying older ones who promise they've refurbished only to find they're still shite!

Didn't know it was just a post credit scene that is being added. Quite disappointing, that.

red4ever 79

Weird that the two highest grossing movies of all time were actually not that good. Especially when you consider other classics out there. Just goes to show what hype/marketing and a good PR campaign can do.

Sylar

Endgame had 20+ movies including Infinity War behind it.

I cant remember what Titanic had behind it though.

InfiniteBoredom

Weird that the two highest grossing movies of all time were actually not that good. Especially when you consider other classics out there. Just goes to show what hype/marketing and a good PR campaign can do.
If you adjust for inflation they are both not even top 5, so...

Gone With The Winds isn’t that good either.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Endgame had 20+ movies including Infinity War behind it.

I cant remember what Titanic had behind it though.
"Leo-Mania" + being widely publicised as being the most expensive film ever made = box office goldmine.

Edit: Also, it was released just in time for the Oscars, where it was nominated for 14 awards and won 11 of them.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Your life is sad.
Just saw this, there is something seriously wrong with you.

We clearly disagree on almost everything and I've avoided directly engaging you due to the pointlessness of it all yet you seem insistent on just being a mindless troll. :houllier:

red4ever 79

Should have had Thanos take a couple of the Avengers out. Would have made it more realistic and carried on with the narrative that Thanos was this bad ass. Infinity Wars was the much better of the two

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Should have had Thanos take a couple of the Avengers out. Would have made it more realistic and carried on with the narrative that Thanos was this bad ass. Infinity Wars was the much better of the two
Who wants fantasy films to be realistic? Besides, he took out Vision at the end of Infinity War, and Black Widow and Iron Man had to sacrifice themselves to stop him. Isn't that enough?

I'm no big fan of the MCU, and I only thought Endgame was pretty good, but the purpose of such films (beyond making money) is escapism. Trust the writers to tell the story and allow yourself to be in another world for three hours. Don't go through their years of hard work with a red pen, changing this, that, and whatever. Judge what's there rather than what's not.

Bwuk

Just seen far from home. Won’t post spoilers, but what I will say is I think the next phase is going to be epic if FFH is anything to go by.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Just seen far from home. Won’t post spoilers, but what I will say is I think the next phase is going to be epic if FFH is anything to go by.
This is a spoiler, this increases my expectations from FFH. I would much rather you had said that FFH is shite.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Supposedly passed avatar now.

Say what you want about comic book films, but endgame was literally a cumulation of 11 years+ of work. Given us some great movies during that period so personally I think it's deserved.

Sylar

Also not gonna create a new thread

But the stuff being announced for phase 4 sounds awesome. Esp the new blade

Donk87

Supports
Arsenal
I really dont see Ali as blade. He seems too, gentlemanly. Maybe I just need to get snipes out my of head.
You see him as Prowler in Spiderverse? I know it was only voice acting but he was pretty ungentlemanly in that role. Thinking about it, the guy's brilliant in everything he's been in. One of the best actors working today. He'll make it work.