Film Avengers: Endgame (2019)

DoomSlayer

That whole doctor Strange is basically their get outta jail free card. It had to happen like that or else.
Am I the only one who found it weird how Spiderman and his classmates went back to school, 5 years after the snap, like nothing changed :lol: ? Was skipping 5 years even necessary ?
Yeah, I hope they clarify in the future movies how the world coped and repaired itself after those 5 years because it was obvious modern-day life was kind of scrapped during that time. Something like this doesn't just change overnight.

Maybe the people of Wakanda helped out massively with their incredible technologies or something like that, I don't know.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Yeah, but doesn't that make him like a god of Asgard or something? He should have even been able to fly with the hammer at that point. I think they messed up his character a bit in Endgame.
No, wielding a hammer doesn't make you a god. Being a god makes you a god.

In regards to how he did it, he's always been a man of morals and courage. That never changed, hence why he could wiggle the hammer in AoU.

He kept his morals and courage after winter soldier, after civil war and after infinity war, always doing what's right and best despite what the people around him say or think.

That's why after those events he could full on lift the hammer, he was challenged but stayed true to himself.

DoomSlayer

In regards to how he did it, he's always been a man of morals and courage. That never changed, hence why he could wiggle the hammer in AoU.

He kept his morals and courage after winter soldier, after civil war and after infinity war, always doing what's right and best despite what the people around him say or think.

That's why after those events he could full on lift the hammer, he was challenged but stayed true to himself.
But in that same scene from AoU, Thor said whoever wields Mjolnir becomes an Asgardian god or something similar.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
But in that same scene from AoU, Thor said whoever wields Mjolnir becomes an Asgardian god or something similar.
“Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.”

Cap was bringing down lighting bolts and everything when he was holding the hammer. He had the power of Thor.

0le

I remember hearing somewhere that he always knew he could lift the hammer, but he didn't want to embarass Thor.

Hephaestus

Fairly certain Engame was shot prior to Captain Marvel. Therefore she was made purposefully “bland” so they didn’t introduce traits which weren’t shown in CM
You're correct.
I still think their explanation is bit weird. Caap was giving it his all during Age of Ultron and in Endgame he is wielding the hammer more easily than his shield. It was cool to watch but weird nonetheless.
It's a bit weird but it does tally with what the writer/director of Age of Ultron suggested at the time.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Binged the last two this weekend after watching the first two when they came out. I enjoyed the first two but I’ve never been a huge comic movie fan but I have to say I absolutely loved Infinity War and End Game. Infinity war in particular I thought was brilliant, excellent group of actors who really nailed the blend of humour/cheese and lightheartedness/drama.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I rewatched it on the plane, it doesn't have much re-watch value (though watching stuff on a plane is always a bit of a different experience so it was fine). Still don't get people's issue with the girl scene, it's just as cheesy as most of the rest of the film (and most of the Marvel films). It's ok overall but I think Infinity War was better (though I haven't seen it since it came out).

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I rewatched it on the plane, it doesn't have much re-watch value (though watching stuff on a plane is always a bit of a different experience so it was fine). Still don't get people's issue with the girl scene, it's just as cheesy as most of the rest of the film (and most of the Marvel films). It's ok overall but I think Infinity War was better (though I haven't seen it since it came out).
I rewatched it and thought, how many scenes are there featuring a lineup of only male heros? Loads, I imagine. It's a nothing issue.

Cloud7

I rewatched it and thought, how many scenes are there featuring a lineup of only male heros? Loads, I imagine. It's a nothing issue.
Come on guys, it’s 2019. Don’t you know? Anything involving women doing something in these movies other than being damsels in distress is forced diversity and PC culture being forced down our throats.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I mean it's just as cheesy as the "Avengers assemble" lineup, really. It's just that it's a feminist stance that somehow seems to irk people, even though it's actually a nice touch.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I just looked up this "girl scene". Honestly didn't notice that at all when I watched the movie. Though I suppose they went a bit overboard with the ethnic diversity by including a blue and a green girl. Pfft, those aren't even real. Damn Soyboy SJW's.

Moby

Dick
Come on guys, it’s 2019. Don’t you know? Anything involving women doing something in these movies other than being damsels in distress is forced diversity and PC culture being forced down our throats.
Your argument makes no sense given how well Wonder Woman was received across all fans.

Captain Marvel has been terribly written so far and Brie Larrson has done her best to make it as cringeworthy as possible.

Charlie Foley

Your argument makes no sense given how well Wonder Woman was received across all fans.

Captain Marvel has been terribly written so far and Brie Larrson has done her best to make it as cringeworthy as possible.
What did she do? Genuine question, I’ve not seen the film or paid much attention to coverage

decorativeed

What did she do? Genuine question, I’ve not seen the film or paid much attention to coverage
Apparently, her personality has angered a great many people for some reason. Yes, she's a bit brusque, a little sarcastic and a touch on the cocky side. That is the way the character is written though. She's no more irritating than Tony Stark is, and (other than the super powers and jet piloting), she's a lot like a few women I know and like being in the company of. I really don't see what so many people have a problem with, to be honest.

Sylar

Thor was like that to begin with.

BTW, in that fight scene near the end where the three main ones go for Thanos, I like how Thor goes for his head again :lol:

Sylar

Glad to see I'm not the only one who appreciated more IW than Endgame
Im surprised if more people dont like IW over Endgame as a individual movie as it seemed to just flow perfectly without the worry of having to tie things up.

I think EG was the perfect culmination movie / event though.

Simbo

I finally watched it. Not as good as I was expecting.
Its a terrible film by most standards I thought. But it is a spectacle, and a comic book movie so you can just turn your brain of and enjoy the flashy stuff. That does have some merit.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Just rewatched it. I was so disappointed by it at the cinema, I thought perhaps my expectations were too high, and I should give it another shot. I thought the film series absolutely peaked with Ragnarok and then Infinity War. Can watch those two over and over.

Anyway, I shouldn’t have bothered. It’s laughably bad. I hated virtually every creative decision they made, and on second viewing you realise just how stupid half the plot devices are in comparison to previous films. I cannot believe they fecked it up so badly. It’s just utter shite.

I thought Captain Marvel was going to be the only misstep they made - because that was properly appalling too; but they outdid themselves on the turgidness of this effort.

Pretty much done with the MCU after this. Only things I can see on their slate that will be worth watching are Thor 4, because Waititi is back; and GOTG3 - which will need to be as good as the first one. Everything else looks fecking pants. It was a good run though.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Apparently, her personality has angered a great many people for some reason. Yes, she's a bit brusque, a little sarcastic and a touch on the cocky side. That is the way the character is written though. She's no more irritating than Tony Stark is, and (other than the super powers and jet piloting), she's a lot like a few women I know and like being in the company of. I really don't see what so many people have a problem with, to be honest.
Yeah, this.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Im surprised if more people dont like IW over Endgame as a individual movie as it seemed to just flow perfectly without the worry of having to tie things up.

I think EG was the perfect culmination movie / event though.
Yeah would agree with this, IW was brilliant and better as a single film, Endgame was more about the finishing off the massive and amazing project which started 12 years ago, it did a good job.

0le

Yeah would agree with this, IW was brilliant and better as a single film, Endgame was more about the finishing off the massive and amazing project which started 12 years ago, it did a good job.
Yup, I think if you go in with this mindset, you will enjoy both films.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Tony Stark is interesting though so people like him for it. He can actually pull it off because he has charisma and screen presence.

Captain Marvel is cocky and boring.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
For a start I think the timing of her introduction was really really poor. EG is the culmination of all these long established characters, and CM had her origin movie stuffed between the two biggest movies in the whole series. By this point audiences were so emotionally invested in the characters, who themselves were so distraught by their battles with Thanos; that CM felt so out of place. Just cocky, and uninvested. She should never have been in this last movie, and tbh added nothing of any value. She felt like a trespasser. Should’ve waited until phase 4.

Shameless money grab by Marvel of course. Everyone went to see CM because it felt it might be an essential antecedent to Endgame. Which it wasn’t. If it had been released as a stand-alone in phase 4, it’d done half the money if it was lucky. Not least because it was appalling.

And yes you can liken her cockiness to Tony Stark; but that’s missing two keys points. 1. Tony Stark is highly vulnerable and flawed. Hence making him more relatable and interesting. 2. Stark can actually be funny. CM was smug without the humour, and nigh on completely invulnerable/ridiculously overpowered. There’s nothing interesting about her character. Something which became glaringly apparent in the context of EG. Probably the only interesting element of CM (the movie) was that Carol Danvers was clearly in a lesbian relationship. Yet they skated around the issue, while dropping little hints everywhere, and ended up with a generic mess of a movie and character.

When she started fighting Thanos, I was actually rooting for Thanos.

Last edited:

InfiniteBoredom

They should do a Marvel vs DC film. Superman is still the greatest superhero of all time. His dad would also beat up all the other heroes' dads.
Magneto is a level 5 Mutant and father to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

He’d murder Joe-El and not blink twice.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Been on a binge watching all the various Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America in the past couple of days. Honestly it just makes you realize how fecking incredible and enormous is the MCU in terms of making. Endgame wasn't perfect but it's a nice to wrap it all up

For a start I think the timing of her introduction was really really poor. EG is the culmination of all these long established characters, and CM had her origin movie stuffed between the two biggest movies in the whole series. By this point audiences were so emotionally invested in the characters, who themselves were so distraught by their battles with Thanos; that CM felt so out of place. Just cocky, and uninvested. She should never have been in this last movie, and tbh added nothing of any value. She felt like a trespasser. Should’ve waited until phase 4.

Shameless money grab by Marvel of course. Everyone went to see CM because it felt it might be an essential antecedent to Endgame. Which it wasn’t. If it had been released as a stand-alone in phase 4, it’d done half the money if it was lucky. Not least because it was appalling.

And yes you can liken her cockiness to Tony Stark; but that’s missing two keys points. 1. Tony Stark is highly vulnerable and flawed. Hence making him more relatable and interesting. 2. Stark can actually be funny. CM was smug without the humour, and nigh on completely invulnerable/ridiculously overpowered. There’s nothing interesting about her character. Something which became glaringly apparent in the context of EG. Probably the only interesting element of CM (the movie) was that Carol Danvers was clearly in a lesbian relationship. Yet they skated around the issue, while dropping little hints everywhere, and ended up with a generic mess of a movie and character.

I was rooting for Thanos every single time

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Been on a binge watching all the various Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America in the past couple of days. Honestly it just makes you realize how fecking incredible and enormous is the MCU in terms of making. Endgame wasn't perfect but it's a nice to wrap it all up

Been doing this recently over the last month. It's incredible over second watch knowing how it all ends, all the little references which now make complete sense. Amazing project they have pulled off.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I was rooting for Thanos every single time
Been doing this recently over the last month. It's incredible over second watch knowing how it all ends, all the little references which now make complete sense. Amazing project they have pulled off.
Exactly what I noticed too. So many hints dropped here and there are spotted now :D

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Ugliest haircut ever for a superhero. For that alone, Thanos should have won. Again.

It's a silly movie, a bit entertaining during time jumps sequences, and with terrible last 45 minutes, I hated that CGI mess. Ugly, dark and too crowded.

Imagine 4 billion people returning at the same time. Avengers are as dumb as Thanos in the previous one.