Average players that had the game of their lives vs Man Utd then disappeared back into obscurity

BarryWinks

Amusing how since he's become a pundit he's been painted as one of the great Premier League centre backs.
I think he's just a try harder. Nothing against us I think.

My pick is Morten Gamst Pedersen.

For a while it felt like he always scored a freekick against us in famous wins for Blackburn. Turned to shit in the weeks between games against us as usual.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Who was that player who scored the winner v you for Sheffield United a few years back, was a CB who's barely played since. Think he goes out with corrie actress.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Who was that player who scored the winner v you for Sheffield United a few years back, was a CB who's barely played since. Think he goes out with corrie actress.
Kean Bryan, but scored the first goal, not the winner.

AndersB

Malcolm Christie is a good one

Man, those celebrations annoyed me

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I mean he didn’t disappear ’back’ into obscurity, but he pretty swiftly moved into obscurity after his move to Chelsea.
He played in the PL and against Man United for 8 years and had great games against us and was still exceptional for a few years. Yeah he wasn't that good at Chelsea, but he still won the FA Cup, Europa League and Champions League, scoring in the semi final vs Barca.

In no way does he come remotely close to the criteria of this thread.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Andrea Dossena scored in 2009 for the Scouser's against us - who the feck remembers him
Shaun Goater for City - did bugger all else including when he played for us!

macheda14

He played in the PL and against Man United for 8 years and had great games against us and was still exceptional for a few years. Yeah he wasn't that good at Chelsea, but he still won the FA Cup, Europa League and Champions League, scoring in the semi final vs Barca.

In no way does he come remotely close to the criteria of this thread.
He didn’t, he never existed after he left Liverpool.

RC89

That Middlesbrough striker that hadn't scored until he bagged a hattrick or something against us in one of the cups. Would have been 2004/5 season.

Bondi77

Do some of you not even bother to read thread titles before posting?
Some may look at Torres ripping Nemanja a second one and then be at Chelsea later and could not hit the back of the net if his life depended on it and some may just take the piss.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I always felt we'd never score when Brad Friedel was in goal against us, the cnut had the gall to play into his mid 40's too.

lsd

The Oracle
I always felt we'd never score when Brad Friedel was in goal against us, the cnut had the gall to play into his mid 40's too.

We needed to score early on against him then we were ok and would score four or five but if he made a couple early saves he was pretty much Superman the rest of the game

Sparky Rhiwabon

Dennis Bailey, QPR. I remember as a kid, my mum and dad taking us to the pub on New Year's Day, as was the tradition. QPR United was on the telly, and it ruined my day!