Awesome United pics

JUPITER

Oh the poor little referees.

No wonder they're getting away with blue murder these days.

Out of interest are you a ref yourself by any chance, Sunday league or underage ref maybe?
I'm not, no.

Just not a fan of seeing Utd players acting like spoilt bullies :)

LR7

Not really iconic or anything but when RvP made his debut at Everton in 2012, he was subbed on for Welbeck so the board had 19 for 20 on it. We all know how and why he chose the number 20 shirt, and this was the season we went from our 19th to 20th title - and RvP was a big part of that. I'm not particularly superstitious or anything but the photo almost has a 'hidden message' (I don't actually believe that!) in it. It certainly took on new meaning after we won number 20. The whole 20|13 thing was pretty cool too.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Whatever your view on their actions, there's no denying that it's a fantastic photo.
Indeed but this thread isn't just for appreciation of photographic technique.

Just abroad? Are the foreign refs the ones that need a really good bit of thuggery?

These days you wouldn't stay on the pitch too long if you tried group intimidation like that of a ref, and rightly so.
Some like to think it's hard, man's game n all that :lol: Fact is the game was just as passionate and even more physical 2 decades before that photo was taken and players then didn't need to terrorise refs to prove anything.

JTW95

Gullible sausage

We lost the game but it was an emotional day for the club and even Man City were great sports.