Awesome United pics

Tim Henman

Come on Tim!
Oh shit! I remember this seating in a Nairobi theater full of banter and excited to see the new kid replacing Beckham. Speed and tricks for days, awful final ball and hair :D.
Was in London at the time where they didn't show 3PM kick-offs. Was listening to this on the radio, trying to imagine the things he was pulling off based on the commentary. Couldn't wait till match of the day that night to see what he had been doing.

paulscholes18

My one and only trip to old Trafford 3-2 win over Deportivo more known for beckham injury

Moriarty

Derby day 1960. Before my time by a year or three but the old Scoreboard End was still open to the elements when I first started going. The stand on the left was pulled down to make way for the cantilever stand which went up for the 1966 World Cup. And who's that on the right wearing the number 10 for City? Looks familiar.

Moriarty

:lol: fecking hell Stevie Coppell has his finger on the trigger and everything.

Any idea what the story surrounding this pic was mate?
I think it was taken before the 1976 FA Cup final. Coppell and Hill were billed as "United's shooting stars." Photo was published in the Mirror, if I remember rightly.

My dad worked for the Mirror in Manchester from 1956 until her retired and he managed to collect all kinds of United memorabilia from his journo and photographer mates. One of these days, I'll drag that old suitcase of his out of my sister's attic and go through it. Might be some gold in there.

stevoc

I think it was taken before the 1976 FA Cup final. Coppell and Hill were billed as "United's shooting stars." Photo was published in the Mirror, if I remember rightly.

My dad worked for the Mirror in Manchester from 1956 until her retired and he managed to collect all kinds of United memorabilia from his journo and photographer mates. One of these days, I'll drag that old suitcase of his out of my sister's attic and go through it. Might be some gold in there.
Thanks for the info mate, you've got to love the 70's two united players were known as shooting stars. ''We need a funny photo of them, i know lets get 2 shotguns and have the players point them at Docherty's head'' :lol: .

More photos like that would be great as well mate if you find the time, i love seeing old United photos like that.

Last edited:

SATA

Looking at v.Persie in his first year and the last two years was a real contrast. He looked so happy in those pics whenever he scored when Fergie was still manager. I would pay another 24m to have that v.Persie back again

Moriarty

Thanks for the info mate, you've got to love the 70's two united players were known as shooting starts. ''We need a funny photo of them, i know lets get 2 shotguns and have the players point them at Docherty's head'' :lol: .

More photos like that would be great as well mate if you find the time, i love seeing old United photos like that.
'kin hell. I almost choked reading that. It's probably what happened too.